Did Aszhara sink the entire Alliance fleet?

Like I said, Alliance is in good company there. Blizzard’s not very good at this whole “actions having consequences” thing.

10 Likes

I kind of feel like the whole business about getting large conventional navies was more a vehicle to get us to Kul Tiras and Zandalar then it was ever the actual main premise of the expansion. To me at least, the main premise is the overall conflict between the factions as well as the rising threat of the Old Gods.

We’ll have to wait and see the actual cinematic, but it’s quite possible that she tries to do just that but her spell fizzles either because it’s not something she can easily do on the fly without proper preparations, or because Azshara’s magic is somehow disrupting Jaina’s.

1 Like

The fleet served it story ise so the writters destroyed it or forgot about any reserves. Jana didnt fly her ship bec as use story says so. When we need ships in the future we will magicslly have whole fleets.

6 Likes

Yes, because the factions are stupid enough to put all their eggs in one basket.

I wouldn’t expect any actual consequence to come of it though.

6 Likes

I mean, yeah. Numbers only matter as much as the Devs want them to but… c’mon. Count the boats.

There are more boats in that one shot then in both fleets in the snippet of cinematic we saw in the new trailer. And those are all KT boats as opposed to mix of KT and standard Alliance ships.

Blizzard gunna Blizz though.

7 Likes

Without having seen it, the most mundane explanation I can think of is that Azshara nullified magic in the area. If you’re going to set a trap you don’t want your prey to just teleport to safety.

Was it really said to be the entire Alliance fleet? I can understand the Horde’s fleet being all they have left since Talanji tells the player that the Zandalari fleet is decimated after BoD.

we have to wait for the cinematic but is not hard to imagine that azshara nullified all magic, she says it herself, no spell can be cast in nazjatar wihout she knowing it. she then blocks teleportation as well.

it’s either just one or all of them. You can never tell with blizzard.

I doubt it was the ‘entire’ Alliance fleet, but it was probably going to take them out of commission for sea fairing battles, sinking Man o’ Wars and other vessels intended for hauling mass amounts of troops and resources. The ships take a long, long time to rebuild, so does rebuilding all the assets that just sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

That said, this feels like someone pulling the emergency break.

“Oh, god! The war campaign was a disaster! No-one was happy with it! Throw the ‘we need to work together’ lever!”

“But what about this whole navy narrative? Shouldn’t we, you know, have Horde sappers sabotage the fleet with, like, loa of the sea, or bombs, or something? You know, dig themselves out of this pit on their own merit? Maybe pitch the idea that a navy might not be so useful in a land war?”

“NOT IMPORTANT, THROW THE LEVER NOW! WE NEED TO ESCAPE THE WAR CAMPAIGN /NOW/, IGNORE ALL LOOSE ENDS!”

2 Likes

actually, when we were building the kultiran ship the carpenter did it in 1 day but i guess that what truly matters is the loss of lives.

is funny how blizzard tries to create “tension” when we know that status quo is king.
this war feels so pointless.

5 Likes

Im just disappointed that we never get to see the two legendary fleets clash in all their glory, and we likely never will since they are both gone

7 Likes

Would make for a neat Battleground.

2 Likes

i think that it would have been better if we were having that battle and only THEN azshara wrecks both sides.

3 Likes

if the alliance horde fleets clash it would be like this.

Horde uses a under handed tactic or super weapon, the alliance counter by deploying Jaina. Then we will sail away being best friends.

Horde players will be upset because they do not get a honorable fist bump moment. As this makes the horde look weak, that can’t win anything honorably.

Alliance players will be upset because they had to be saved by Jaina and they again let the horde walk away without paying for their actions.

1 Like

i just want a epic clash between these two legendary fleets…

4 Likes

Yup pretty much. So much for Grand Alliance Naval Fleet.

i honestly thought this was the endgame. like there would be a giant open sea battle as the argus zone of this expansion, with smashed ships or something.

1 Like

I can’t imagine how that would feel…

11 Likes

That’s how the faction war gets resolved, the expansion leaves both factions with nothing left to fight with.