Did Aszhara sink the entire Alliance fleet?

So the cinematic certainly showed the Lead Alliance ships sinking(hence why Gen and Jaina are with us) but the cinemstic also showed some of the ships turning,(and the the big whirlpool wasnt exactly fast) which begs the question, did some of the Alliance ships managed to escape destruction?

1 Like

no, pretty much all the ships got caught and were eventually pulled in and were destroyed along with what remained of the hordes fleet, narratively nobody has a fleet anymore

9 Likes

Was this mentioned during questing or something?

i believe genn or jaina says it.

1 Like

Not even Kul Tiras? My vague recollection of the cutscene didn’t show any of their ships.

the fleet sent after the last of sylvanas’s fleet is made of stormwindian and kul’tiran ships

1 Like

I dont recall seeing Tandred or the crew from the ship Jaina gave to Anduin in Naj.

i dont think tandred ever leaves stormwind. but you are right he isnt there, but one ship doesnt equal a fleet

2 Likes

Personally I feel it doesn’t matter either way. Same thing with that discussion about Stormwind calling up farmers. If Blizzard want a fleet of ships to show up what happens in this patch will be ignored to make it happen.

29 Likes

thats only if they want a fleet of ships to show up.

1 Like

Not to be ‘that guy’, but does it matter? Clearly a lot of ships were destroyed. And there will always be as many ships as needed.

Yeah, kind of in this vein.

16 Likes

there is a law that these stories follow, there will always be “enough” as the plot demands. but if the plot demands none, well then.

It does feel like a bit of a jab in the eye personally. The whole alliance campaign built up to this advantage and ends with a total reset.

Though I guess at least the Alliance is in good company in that regards. Blizzard sure knows how to be anticlimactic.

14 Likes

I think both factions will have some ships left and could always build some more if need be (even if replacing all loses would be implausible for the duration of the expansion).

But I also think we’ve reached an end to the phase of the expansion where the focus is on acquiring or using big conventional navies.

1 Like

I’m more baffled at Azshara making a big deal of getting the Kul’Tiran fleet in Stormsong’s storyline… and then just smashes all Kul’Tiran ships she wanted.

I can see Azshara being petty enough to do an “If I can’t have them no one can” tantrum, but still seems unproductive.

5 Likes

She is sacrificing her most loyal subjects just to entertain herself so yes, I think she is that petty.

in one hand i think that this sucks because dazarlazor was pointless other than to to have raid tier.

on the other, they did the same with the horde invalidating their entire war campaign and destroying their fleet even a patch before us at the hands of the opossing faction.

At least is azshara the one who returns the balance but it must sucks that the only reason why the horde isn’t losing is because a third party intervened and save them.

or what, they really are trying to push that sylvanas knew all what she neede to do with the dagger? some 70d chess?

please, no more faction war ever again. for our sakes.

14 Likes

It’s hard to find the words to describe how dumb it is that the entire premise of the expansion is just waved away seconds after they become relevant.

24 Likes

Well to be honest the horde war campaign is in the same boat. None of what the pc did mattered, it got countered or nulled by the allaince campaign.

Guess the navy is back to parity like at the start of the expansion. Sucks that horde pc didn’t get righteous fist pump moment(without being all evil)

21 Likes

Not trolling, but why didn’t just magic her ship in their air?

I mean, as silly as Jaina flying her ship like the magic school bus is. You think it would a bit more useful when their suddenly no sea.

11 Likes