Did anyone see what happened to Odyn coming?

And had his face turned into a Molten Face that never cools down because of Ragnaros. He also seems to have picked up Ragnaros’s arrogance starting from when he kept the molten beard as a trophy.

Did he need to? Probably not, since just telling her about the situation would of angered her. But this is wrathion we are talking about, he is established to be manipulative and cunning, phrasing things in certain ways to get to a certain outcome.

We come in at the tail end of the conversation, so we don’t know how he phrased or told the story, but we can safely assume that he embellished or framed the story telling in a way that would want her to take action immediately. If he said it in a more neutral tone, she probably would of been still upset and wanted action but not immediate- bringing the issue up with Alexstraza and the others. A delay that Wrathion would not want.

If we back out of the Lore for a moment though, and look at it in a gameplay/Game Dev frame of mind. These quests help solve multiple minor issues and loose ends that players would ask about and want. That being bringing in both the Netherwing dragons and Storm Dragons and inviting them to live on… well Dragon isles, home of the dragons.

Now we have them both officially represented in the isles where all the dragons come together. A perfect little bow and now most dragons are represented somewhere.

1 Like

Having done the questline now, I kinda feel like they were just scratching their heads at ways to make a prior villain who tried to destroy our world into being more on our side. I mean Odyn doesn’t even try to defend his decisions. My only issue with them not trying to show his character as improving as a person is that it makes the Warrior stuff from Legion feel more meh in retrospect over time.

5 Likes

They wrote him as Odin. The Norse pantheon is full of dickery.

2 Likes

Odyn was always a prick. Chronicles vol 1 does not shy away from what he did to Heyla, nor does the fury artifact lore book. His persona in Legion was a front.

3 Likes

And if anything, the most recent thing we have of him is the Logs from the Uldamman dungeon where be basicaly says Mortals are no-good untrustorthy little rapscallions who need to be manipulated into doing want.

In almost every concievable way this guy is a Villain who just hasn’t been given the chance for us to give him the smackdown out of necessity. That’s why one of the options was “You have no idea how long I’ve waited for this moment”

4 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me if Helya somehow returns in The War Within and replaces Odyn in Asgard or wherever he lives.

She and ice dragon lady will probably be bffs, finger snapping and all (with almost no reference to what the former did in Legion / Shadowlands).

1 Like