Did anyone see what happened to Odyn coming?

The entire quest I was thinking “Uhh wait”

Personally I’m not on the side of just taking out Titan Keepers (even if it’s just freezing them)- and it was crazy to see all of that happening. I actually didn’t realize the Storm drakes were Odyn’s version of transformed dragons (must have forgotten or missed that).

Overall, I’m thinking the Aspects should have stepped in and been like : “Hey Vyranoth, I know this is your whole thing, but er try not taking out the Planet’s protectors please.”

Just me- I didn’t feel GOOD with doing that to Odyn. I always liked him.

5 Likes

It felt like a gratuitous moment of catharsis for players whom hate Odyn. There are plenty of reasons to dislike him. Should it have been so easy for Vyranoth to neutralize him? Personally, I don’t think so, no, but then the quest would’ve dragged on even more.

14 Likes

Odyns a villain now and helya is forgiven for all crimes, including doing what odyn did to her but to countless, unnumbered different people.

4 Likes

Karma isn’t done with him yet, I can’t wait.

9 Likes

I am kinda OK with it as all she did was restrain him for a short time. We did not seriously damage him or anything, and she was still aspect level empowered at that point.

And yeah he is sort of a huge jerk and I do not feel bad seeing him as an ice sculpture.

15 Likes

It was nice seeing vyranoth casually dismiss him by freezing him in ice. He deserves more, but that moment was good for the time being

8 Likes

Has Odyn done anything but be generally helpful for a while?

To us? No, not really. Odyn’s been at worst morally grey.

1 Like

Can someone put a leash on Vyranoth?
Just a few minutes ago she was an enemy herself

6 Likes

Finding out about Odyn should have happened in the last expansion of the world soul saga.

You dirty dirty boy

2 Likes

Odyn got off light, all things considered. Vyranoth throwing her weight around so freely is a problem in itself, but putting everybody’s favorite Prime Desginate™ on ice wasn’t a mistake, the mistake was not taking him out.

Can’t wait to run Halls of Valor for the 10th time in The Last Titan.

7 Likes

You want the truth, but you can’t handle the truth

I got silenced for posting a video clip of that movie. Not falling for that again :rofl:
I don’t need you on that wall sir.

As a Warrior, I was glad to have a chance to cancel my Valajar membership.

Was also a fan of how Wrathion just gave Vyranoth an entire summary of why Odyn is the worst before we showed up in the tavern.

7 Likes

Nah, I watched gleefully while Vyranoth turned him into the world’s ugliest ice sculpture.

Odyn has been a blustering fool sitting around high off the smell of his own farts for too long. The audacity of him to not allow the storm drake’s to heed the call of the Isles was the last straw. I thought it was refreshing that Vyranoth actually does things herself rather than sending underlings to do it for her, I stan the ice queen.

My only regret is not being able to turn that ice sculpture into a million tiny pieces.

Bye Odyn. Sorry not sorry.

13 Likes

Dang guess I missed something. I was just excited to be around a Titan keeper.

1 Like

I suspect we’ll likely see more of this due to the constant ‘Titan bad’ stuff Blizzard and some players have been perpetrating, not to mention people have been drastically blowing out of proportion what Odyn did to Helya. Disappointing, tbh.

1 Like

I mean, you’re totally within reason to like him as well! Different strokes for different folks! The setting would be pretty boring without polarizing characters.

4 Likes

Odyn being set up to be a villain will be a surprise for a lot of players even though Blizz has left some clues behind. You really wouldn’t be able to tell how much of a massive jerk he is by our interactions with him in Legion.

1 Like