Diablo Immortal

Hate to post this here but I didnt see the forums for that game so maybe I missed it.

Watching the trailers and gameplay footage and seeing they caved and made this a PC game also, this game is just Diablo 3 isnt it? It looks identical to me. Same classes and everything.

I imagined this was supposed to bring diablo 3 to mobile prior to the reaction we all know, love and remember, or at least that was my take on it.

Based on my current perception I have no interest in playing it if its essentially a Diablo 3 game Ive aleady played.

So your first stop wasn’t the Diablo website?

22 Likes

Not a big fan of Diablo, but I’ll play it if it has in-game goodies for WoW. Like the Hearthstone steed or the Heroes of the Storm pet.

I have no idea if it’s the same game, I didn’t get very far in Diablo 3.

4 Likes

I mean, you don’t have to.

I’ll probably download it on my ipad just to see how it plays. It’s free, so why not?

4 Likes

Not free enough!

jk… I’ll give it a shot. I signed up for the beta but I never get into those things. Either way if it’s fun it’s fun.

1 Like

You are free to do as you wish. Personally, I was furious, disappointed, heartbroken, etc that they screwed up the time/place/audience for the initial announcement .It should have been PC as well from the start.

At least they finally listened. I won’t knock them for that.

The game does not replicate the time frame and content of D3.

• MMORPG with at least 8 zones and room for expansion. Largest Diablo game so far.
  • Takes place after D2 and before D3. Deckard Cain is still alive and I think the main quest line revolves around him.
  • Questing, dungeons, raids, world encounters
  • PvP with a PvP talent tree
  • Paragon system but improved - sort of talent trees.
  • Barbarian, Monk, Crusader, Demon Hunter, Wizard, Necro
  • Char are all male or female and there are three face/skin tone looks for each.
  • You can change class without losing progress
  • PC and Mobile
  • Cross PLAY
  • Cross progression
  • What I saw of art and environment looks fantastic.
  • Free to play

I am scrambling to learn now. I was ignoring the details for a long time. I never though I COULD play.

It appears it is a full MMORPG - but set in the Diablo realms and designed for mobile.

7 Likes

You will get in. OPEN Beta starts on June 2nd, the same day they release for Mobile. Any progress made in the PC Open Beta will be kept.

It is mostly a soft release because they know they are going to have to tweak things once they get feedback. There was no Alpha or closed Beta for the PC version. We all literally found out it existed yesterday.

1 Like

Oh nice. I had no idea it was going to be open.

Yeah I assume they’re going to get a flood of feedback if it’s open. Me personally I haven’t looked into it at all so it will all be a surprise for better or worse. Should be fun. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

“Caved”?..What is with people saying “oh they caved in?” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

They didn’t cave in, they made up the mistakes of the past. And boy it was the silliest mistake.

Even if they did caved in, it was all simply for the better. More people get to play this game. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Vaena It sure was but I didn’t see forums or anything to ask the question.

I read some stuff but its diablo 3 art as far as I can tell just a different period. Despite whatever story it may have…it still looks like diablo 3.

I wish I could say that other than providing sarcasm that you provided something valuable and tangible in response to my initial post but you didn’t. Thanks for participating though.

@Briselody
Yes I understand I can choose how I spend my personal time and my money but I thank you for confirming that I can do those things???

To the rest of your post…

If the story and general settings is different enough from diablo 3 then I might check it out.

I’m not playing any game on a tiny phone screen when I have a purpose built PC ya know? Some will probably be horribly offended by that comment so…to those of you…Nothing against anyone who likes mobile games. Id just prefer to not play on my phone. I have played some games over the years but I find I stop playing them very quickly as typically they are gated by IRL money transactions. Right…maybe not all of them…but a LOT of them are. The mobile platform tends to offer “free” games and…well you all know this already. I trust at least that Blizzard wont have the kind of pay wall that mobile games are notorious for but we will see. They have 2 on the way and they are clearly committed to competing in this market.

@Mirasol Thank you for the useful/usable feedback. If its open beta I will surely stop in and check it out depending on life at the time. I agree with you about the initial announcement and the you have a phone don’t you comment. It wasn’t just the announcement but the response to the communities disinterest and unhappiness that resulted in the image some have for this game, myself included, fair or not. Judging by the inclusion of PC, Blizzard sees all of this as well.

@Baridorielor. It appears as you progress through your post you might recall the initial announcement of Diablo Immortal as a Mobile only announcement…and of course then the famous April fools joke red shirt guy. I make those assumptions from your final sentence. If you aren’t familiar, I’m sure you can find the video…as well as the story at the time of the announcement.

Blizzard DOES cave in quite often. LFR LFD Flying…if you are paying attention or part of the WoW community…the history is there… Players have been given many of the things they wanted via pressure from the community over the years. Sure not all but plenty. Blizzard by and large listens despite people saying they don’t. That’s been good and its been bad. For Diablo Immortal…as a PC player…its good…it means there is a chance I might actually check it out.

So yes…as this was a mobile only title initially and is now being made available on PC as well…they caved because of the significant negative response from the community which they themselves cultivated when they reacted to a community reaction they didn’t expect. Tunnel vision syndrome there on Blizzards part. They anticipated only excitement for a new Diablo title and launched it on a platform its never been played on and isn’t well respected to begin with. They didn’t consider Diablo 3 perception and its exceptionally painful launch and what the players would want to see come after Diablo 3. It certainly wasn’t a mobile game. You might not find that caving in phrasing ideal, but its a clear and easy way to describe what happened.

@Anyone else…

Its that the art looks the same as Diablo 3 so it looks more like a rework of an existing game. I will check it out given its accessible on PC but if it was still mobile only I wouldn’t bother. Nothing against mobile games, just not my cup of tea really. I also wouldn’t bother if it was a simple renaming of the game with availability on mobile…and obviously now PC. I’ve already played Diablo 3 so why bother?

Sounds like I am wrong in my initial perceptions/assumptions and it has something new to offer so I will check it out and I thank those with relevant feedback for clarifying what was a bit murky for me and possibly others.

I have zero interest in playing Diablo Immortal on a phone. I don’t do much mobile gaming. Not because of the monetization (although I do get annoyed with ads), but because my 52-year old eyes aren’t really up to that. I can handle a Switch screen but that’s about as small of a screen as I care to deal with.

But I am glad to hear DI is coming to PC and I will in all likelihood give it a shot.

4 Likes

I thought this game had released already…huh. Not a huge diablo fan beyond D2 and the remake wasn’t great too much stuff was changed for my liking.

I hope it’s a great game for those invested in the Diablo universe though. They really need something since D4 is taking forever and Immortal wasn’t even going to be on PC till recently.

The game will be free. I’ll give it a shot.

Whoa. That all sounds awesome.

You could always try it on an iPad or whatever Android has for a tablet.

Diablo have a website?

I hope the story is engaging. D3 story was a total mess.

I dont trust free RPG games, the game will probably be total P2W

1 Like

I don’t carry my iPad on the go with me, and if I’m going to play at home, I’d prefer my 36-inch curved monitor.

I don’t know if you’re familiar with the youtuber, Rhykker. He does great diablo content. In his video about the PC announcement he addressed this seemingly common misconception about the game. Frankly the way he talks about it has me genuinely excited to play. I was going to check it out on my ipad with a controller, but a pc option is even more appealing.

And yes I know this isn’t the forum for this thread, but whatever. It already exists so I may as well post.

1 Like