Diablo Event - Boring Gameplay

Diablo event so far is just kill a goblin that spawns every 30mins around different maps, it’s a good way to introduce the Diablo fantasy via this “rare” spawn but it doesn’t provide too much gameplay for a cross over.

I’ve experienced cross over event in other games with a TON of development.

Devs should embrace this weird “break canon” moments and just add some NPCs that provide a new questline as part of the event, maybe finish it with a Scenario and Boss fight or include a World boss.

It feels like a really quick addition, instead of using quest designers, encounter designers…etc to provide a better experience.

I’m glad with the rewards but its more of the same, a gamble machine, just kill it X amount of times until you acquire all the cosmetics, there’s a “bonus bag” for the first attempt. Unfortunately, maybe Devs don’t have time between patches and WoW content to introduce something more to this event, GL everyone looking for these goodies.

5 Likes

There is a Diablo forum. oh wait is there a diablo event in game? lol

2 Likes

diablo was boring after it turned into Gauntlet Legends instead of a tenebrous dungeon crawler.

3 Likes

That’s what i said, its a good way to introduce the Diablo fantasy but it seems like a quick addition and that’s it, like Devs don’t have time to do something bigger with quest, encounter…etc

1 Like

you find them clearing areas or going thru portals. it would make more sense if you found them out in high traffic areas.

Like zaralek cavern or the ruins of lordaeron

lol

No one in WoW is gonna go “hmm I should do this Diablo event first and then judge how Diablo IV is gonna be like based on this event alone”

The actual people who are into Diablo or want to get into Diablo IV aren’t playing WoW for a Diablo event

That’s strange, it’s spawned in Valdrakken every 5 minutes for me.

1 Like

Also, it’ll do more sense if these spawn randomly in instance content or world without a portal indicator but it’ll get difficult.

1 Like

No thank you to the caverns, watching it get a lag spike every hour would bring back thoughts of the cobalt assembly-soup event lag

You are referring to Wowhead’s “World of Warcraft Pays Homage to Diablo with the Greedy Emissary Event”.

I dont care of the gameplay. But the goblin popping was popular on Diablo 3. But this time, it happens on WoW’s capital cities and Dragonflight Zones.

What I am more interested on is its rewards which includes Tyrael’s Charger mount. There are differing kind’s of Mace weapon reward to… Wirt’s Leg. I find it funny. It reminds me of incoming D4. I might take a WoW break if I cant cope up with these awesome gaming stuffs ahead.

I think a portal to a secret Tauren/Highmountain meeting area would have been perfect.
The secret leader could be a shaman that shoots a ton of lightning everywhere.

2 Likes

I didn’t mention that this event will represent D4, Devs could dedicate sometime to introduce cross over questlines or a boss from previous Diablo games just like a fun interaction, maybe Butcher as a world boss with a model with WoW aesthethic…last Diablo event had the Cow Levels with tauren, there’s more things that can be done but maybe Devs are just running against time, I still provide my ideas as feedback.

maybe adding a % that the goblin open that portal could add something extra

1 Like

It’s just what this game’s content is. Wow events in comparison do seem… lackluster, but it is what it is.

I agree with points though. To compare it to let’s say…. FFXIV valentines event, there was a quest line of cut scenes and running about. The story was about being happy with who you are, self identify kinda stuff. There was also this really neat … game event where you were tethered to someone else and had to stay within a certain range while you both navigated a small maze with hazards. Thought that was super neat. Only did it once though.

But I can’t stand XIV’s combat mechanics, so… events may be better, but it’s just a different game.

Edit: bad at English

Oh please don’t bring holidays those really need massive updates…I’d compare it with FFXIV cross over with its FFXV counterpart that provided a car mount after a questline and a solo boss fight against the other garuda. Devs integrated questing, encounters and a reward… WoWxDiablo has the fantasy but its kinda boring for me, maybe other players find this hunting fun.

The Valdrakken faucet just turned off for me.

This whole event is messed up …the so called timers and spawn points listed are way off …when it was in Val it was spawning every 5 mins not 30 mins time frame…can blizzard never get one event to work correctly how its listed it suppose to work.

1 Like

Be happy they don’t run away if you don’t kill it in time lol.

1 Like

You’re very silly

1 Like

That’s intended.

also

https://wago.io/ENiDqiFZP is working so far

2 Likes

Guess you missed the open betas n server slam for 4.