Diablo 4 looks really good... I want to get into Diablo. Should I play DI or D3?

Basically title, asking yall as WoW fans since you would know what I like; since we both like WoW.

So should I play DImortal, 3 or 2?

diablo 2

14 Likes

DI is a huge lootbox gambling machine. You won’t get far without spending thousands of $$ or 10+ years of your life on it. D3 and D2 are the good ones.

3 Likes

On principle, I won’t touch DI with a 10 ft pole. I played D3 all the way through when it first came out on PC and I recently bought it for the Switch. I’m having a great time playing it again with different classes than the first time.

Try D3, it’s good and won’t hound you for more money constantly.

5 Likes

Diablo 2 > Diablo 3 > Simply just waiting for Diablo 4 > Not playing anything > Diablo Immortal.

23 Likes

what version of D3 should I buy?

Best answer.

Don’t play anything past 3 unless you got $100,000 to spend. The monetization is just gross and I’m sure it’s not getting any better in 4, or any other Blizz free to play games (looking at you Overwatch 2).

^ :100:
=]

it has 10 years of content??? and it’s free??? downloading.

I hear D3 is experiencing a boom in participation by a lot of players who came to realize that DI will never be the game for them. Heard from a D3 player.

2 Likes

D3 is much more accessible than 1, would be a better starting point. The D2 remake added a bit of QoL but still a lot of annoyances compared to 3.

2 Likes

No, 10 years of gameplay as F2P to catch up to P2W players and the best char you can make.

2 Likes

I’d lean toward the Eternal Collection just because Necromancer is a blast.

2 Likes

d3 if it runs well.

it likes to have random temporary microstutters for me.
dont have that issue in any other game.

1 Like

so 10 years of progression. nice

With daily diminishing returns to further push you to P2W or hit a wall daily…yeah intended design. No diminishing returns for P2W aspects ironically…

Having played D2 off an on since it came out in the before time, in the long, long ago, I just discovered how fun it is with a controller. Def give D2 a try if you haven’t before.

D3 is good for short burst play. I tend to play it for a couple days per season to get my fill and leave it until the next season. It’s a very repeatable playstyle where you basicly farm g-rift as an end game.

D2 is a classic. Can’t go wrong there but it’s same w/ D3 as all you do in end game is farm gear.

D1 tbh I never played.

D Immortal I wont touch ever again.

2 Likes

Path of Exile is probably the best Diablo game I’ve ever played.

:smirk:

3 Likes

I can see where for casuals and other lesser players this would be a concern but for a leet like me, it’s all part of the experience.