DF was pretty forgettable

Like doing the very obvious “end of xpac” quest for that personal tabard

Genuinely didn’t know who any of these NPCs who were all like “wow good to see you again friend”

I actually remembered more about SL than this lol, I can’t remember any of the stories for the questing zones cuz it just felt like nothing happened.

We killed some “not shaman”, fought dragon lady, other dragons happened, then Deathwing, then NotDeathwing tree

Besides Fyrakk who was everywhere, and Iridikron who was all sneaky beaky, I don’t think a single new character left any kind of impression

57 Likes

I like the exp, one with new class/race it is not going to be easy to forget really. Also new protodrake and aspecs.

9 Likes

I remember SL for how terrible the story was. The big villain was a robot, whoopty-doo. We met some beings older than the Titans who still needed our help, but otherwise have no use ever again.

19 Likes

In term of features and gameplay it was one of the best.

In term of story and vibe it was just as good as a cartoon for children.

20 Likes

Still counts as remembering it, DF just kinda existed

Oh gameplay was fine for the most part, I have no major (vengeance DHs) complaints about it

3 Likes

I remembered the centaur couple in OP, the 2 dragons with the ducklings in the Waking Shores and the Gnoll Mon-Ark.

The rest, however, I do not remember them. :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

I’ll remember DF too for the lizards and the never-seen-them-before dragons who once fought with the other useless dragons in our lives, but somehow lost to our inept clown aspects.
Then we restored their “ancient power” so they can continue being useless and failing to help us topple the next villain.

6 Likes

Oh yea, I remember a buncha classy people got really mad over that

I legit thought you mean their power thing after the fyrakk fight, I had to look it up and I forgot entirely that the start of the xpac was us activating those stone things

2 Likes

I like the War of the Scaleborn book. It’s such a shame that so much of that wasn’t translated to in-game

1 Like

You say that like it’s a good thing; Shadowlands is only remembered as an absolute travesty. If Dragonflight is “forgotten” by people who aren’t paying attention anyways, then that’s a massive improvement in quality!

8 Likes

It was forgettable because nothing interesting happened
shadowlands was unforgettable because of how horrible and inept the story was

17 Likes

Ready for the hottest take ever?

I kinda like Zovaal, and would actually be happy to see him return somehow

2 Likes

It’s not a hot take; that’s quite literally molten magma.

8 Likes

Don’t worry he’s coming back better than before

37 Likes

He’s so sad now that his nipples are gone

8 Likes

It was too much like Cataclysm for me. I only just came back after a year to level my alts for TWW.

I love Alexstrasza. But that’s about it for this one. Again, tons of Druid and shaman themes. Again.

I’m also weird and don’t like dragons all that much. I find them weird having 6 limbs. Freaks me out.

1 Like

DF would have been the best expansion if it had 1 more patch, and the story/setting wasn’t terrible

2 Likes

Valour > Crests + Flightstones
= SL > DF

rep/renown dropped from LFR, Dungeons and BGs, the 3 pillars
= SL > DF

No matter what your aesthetic, there was a covenant for you
No matter what your content, there was a covenant for you
No matter your skill level, there was a covenant for you
DF Aesthetic: disney dragons/scalies. Everywhere
= SL > DF

SL: Reasonably priced serverwide AH
DF: mass scale juking in regionwide AH
= SL > DF

Professions > Crafting Orders
= SL > DF

Pester Quests
Did SL have any? 1 trader to send you to Tazavesh?
DF: I cannot get away from Pester quests or pester popups from professions, baby dragons, or fat baby tuskar
= SL > DF

SL: No prof mats dump.
DF: Many prof mats dump like nascent crests.
= SL > DF

SL Mythic gear: 13ilvls > Heroic
DF Mythic gear: 6ilvls > Heroic (pssst, it’s the same gear)
= SL > DF

SL: Betrayal, twists, turns
DF: let’s talk out our fefes
= SL > DF

Leggos:
SL: expensive and stupid grind
DF: 13x more expensive, buggy questlines, based on random drop
= SL > DF

Conclusion?
SL > DF

8 Likes

Honestly, this feels like a setup expansion. This is more about building the ground work for the next expansions than this story itself.

In terms of systems and gameplay, I feel it is pretty much as good as it can get, now borrowed power system, no AP to farm, I can just queue up PVP and just play.

In terms of characters, the main focus were the aspects, and those we knew for a while. The main villains (the primal incarnates) to me were pretty amazing and had great roles. As far as side characters go, the only ones I really will remember is Malicia and Emberthal.

5 Likes

For me, SL, story-wise, has generally dwindled to vague (albeit sour) impressions. Unlike BfA, there were no stand out zone quests, or characters for that matter.

As for DF, it was the likes of Ebyssian, Wrathion and Chromie (and Kelegos who RP’d Anduin) who pretty much stole the spotlight for me, with the Bronze Dragonflight oathstone quest being perhaps one of the more memorable quests.

3 Likes