DF talents vs wotlk talents

Am I the only one who prefers wrath talent trees and talents better?

They feel much more original and have better synergy with classes and specs.

DF talent trees feel like fake news. They took our baseline stuff and conduits/leggos/soulbinds and made it a tree

Wrath feels like fully fleshed out actual trees that had thought put into it comparatively

I vote to scrap DF before its too late and just copy paste wotlk talent tree class design and pat themselves on the back.

Mage is a night and day difference. How does everyone else feel about their classes wotlk vs DF design + trees

6 Likes

Ofc, DF talent trees = abilities we currently have and turn them into talent trees. Seems lazy AF to me

With wotlk talent trees, you can actually make some cool custom build/theory craft etc

3 Likes

Old talent trees did a better job to augment existing abilities, giving you at most 1-2 abilities unique to a specific tree while the rest of the talents were utility and sustain damage boosts.

DF talents load way to many abilities that should be baseline into the tree, and once again it feels like we are just being loaded with cooldowns to create pressure. We really need more sustain options that aren’t garbage (lol 4% crit, 2% haste talents in the pally trees) so we don’t end up with Shadowlands 2.0

4 Likes

I mean, you can probably whip up any number of builds between talents, covenants, legendary items, etc.

1 Like

One of the primary reasons that they went away from classic style talents was because they hated “cookie cutter builds.” Now the trees in DF are so complex that I’m confident 99% of people will HAVE to look up the best build.

5 Likes

Nah man i love having to talent into baseline spells we’ve had for over a decade.

Losing utility on boomy and gaining absolutes nothing new but Goldrinn from legion and a few legendary powers and cov abilities.

3 Likes

Adding new abilities and taking nothing away isn’t exactly sustainable.

2 Likes

Our current ability bloat is out of control and needs some pruning. Make the remaining abilities actually do things. I find myself trying to self prune and say well I don’t need that and im not gonna bind it or talent it. I got too many keybinds and some stuff is highly situational as it is

I’m not even running like meteor in DF builds or ice nova and other stuff. They don’t do anything when you press them and take up a keybind and have long cd attached.

Waste of a bar spot. I just been playing time anomaly and hoping for good procs

1 Like

Give back pet talent trees

1 Like

If you’ll read carefully I don’t think I said anything about bloat not being an issue. I think the amount of 1/2/3m cds is disgusting.

Again, if you read carefully, I’m more so shunning the fact that some specs have great fleshed out trees with varied options and builds and classes like Druid ultimately lose utility and specs they’ve had for a long long time.

Warrior can get IV, x2 stuns, double charge, bounding stride, the list goes on. Warlock gets short or reduced hp absorb dark pact, short or increased wall, team healthstone, amplify curse, endereth, the list goes on. Etc etc. Druid loses stuff, paladin loses stuff, both have to talent into spells that have been baseline nearly since their inceptions and get very few new inspired additions.

You see how this isn’t equitable for some classes yes? Didn’t even touch on spec trees btw

Yeah nothing new or original just same reused garbage

Okay I’ll be the first to say it.

You can’t change ur wrath talents and I don’t like that.

surprised how many people see abilities they have and automatically write the trees off

I don’t know about every class but for shaman/monk/warrior so far there’s a LOT more than just abilities we already have

things like cyclone being a talent is stupid but there’s a TON of really cool versatility at least on the trees I’ve played with
on one hand there’s so much versatility that managing 10 load outs might be a little tedious but really sick regardless

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if blizz internally regrets how many node choices they’ve implemented in DF between class tree and spec tree.

There’s going to be a a lot of combos that are going to be problematic and a balance nightmare for them. This also doesn’t include the pvp talent revamp they want to do after DF launch, if it even happens.

It’s an expansion not WoW 2

I really don’t see how Blizzard is going to make anything better with the DF talent trees. To me they’re taking all of the borrowed power and putting it into the new trees and selling it as something new. I’m personally not excited about all the new cc availability for every class/spec. I already can’t play my character as is in pvp and it’s only going to get worse.

Good news! Wrath is popping off so maybe good time to swap to wrath?

I mean if the design of damage breakdown is still behind tons dps to kill during cooldown and run around doing stuff to wait till its back up with not much sustain damage for most classes to kill outside of it then this game will probably still be pita.

I have to talent cyclone, soothe, hibernate, rejuv, swiftmend, vortex, wild growth, lifebloom and the clarity proc its always given, ysera’s gift, tranq, efflorescence, iron bark, innervate, stamp roar, NS, freaking sunfire then spend an additional talent to make the sunfire work like it always has. Imagine that I have to spend a talent to make my dispel also remove poison and curse wtf?? why put all this baseline stuff into talents.

16-18+ talent points spent on stuff that should be baseline. No creativity or brain power put into rdruid, just SL leggos and baseline abilities turned to talents and couple new things.

Playing the beta honestly feels like SL 2.0 as well, I hope I eat my words and DF turns out to be the xpac that brings WoW back but this new xpac feels like a money grab.

I haven’t checked out all classes yet maybe some feel fresh and interesting, but druid is lacking hard

I…feel like this isn’t as much of an issue as it is often made out to be. Sure, it’d be neat to shuffle some power out of cds/modifiers and into basic abilities but most comps just kind of crank for most of the game.

1 Like