DF new build surv

New build is up. Its better in some ways and worse in a lot of others imo. My thoughts:

Surv tree - they did reduce a lot of 3pt nodes ,which is good, but for some reason they kept 2 capstone nodes as 3 pts.

• current lay out has harpoon and ToE node dependent on 2/2 tip of the spear. Which means to get MB and harpoon you have to sink 2 pts into TotS. So we get to waste 2 pts to get the 2 talents we actually want. Btw baseline RS still hits harder than baseline MB for some reason but , dont worry, you can sink 2pts into Spear focus to equalize them…

• They added a massive dmg 40yd charge to Coordinated Assault, made it a 3m cd, dropped the 20% dmg amp and gave CA fairly useless passive interactions for pvp.

-WFI is node dependent on 2/2 new Vipers Venom talent, which is a terrible talent. Your sinking 2pts into a random chance to SS when your picking up SS in the hunter tree anyway because get any interaction with SS (via latent or hydra) you have to, guess what? Thats right, talent freaking SS. So, I would suggest, that WFI switches places with VV and maybe, just fooking maybe, entertain the thought of giving Surv the SS node baseline. That would seem to solve a lot of problems.

• Bloody Claws interaction with MF is very well done.

• Still in the game for some reason: Binding shackles, Nesingwarys TA, Deadly Duo, Explosives Expert, Barrage, random 2pt avoidance node (huh?), Chakrams.

• Seem like everything we press some how interacts with the WFB cdr except for RS/MB. Which makes it feel craptastic in ST, especially in pvp. WFB cdr on MB helps with ST pressure and gives surv a reason to be in melee.

• As the surv tree stands right now, theres 0 reason to ever spec into a capstone talent for pvp.

3 Likes

Infusion is fine. They reworked vipers and wfi so SS isn’t a mandatory pick in hunter tree.

Shackles is also fine. A 10% dr that’s supposed to also work with iirc scatter and binding

We have more nodes that interact with KC than WFB.

WFB is 40% of your damage profile in pvp most of the time so idk why you’d think having a lot of ways to keep it up would be a bad thing

Birds of Prey should be reworked to buff something else since CA was reworked

1 Like

My brain went to picking these talents from the new changes. I tend to do unrated PVP and solo PvE world questing and dailies and companion tables and looting chests around the world.

Fury is an aoe, so for world questing id go with that instead of CA tbh since you’ll have groups of mobs and the execution effect will be nice against rares

This is likely my arena build, with 3 or 4 nodes changing out by team and enemy comp

Infusion works again yes. Since it either procs bonus damage from active SS or apply SS yes. But to be forced to take the Vipers venom talent to even get to infusion is stupid as I dont know what. If you have SS its completely useless and even if not its not like you like get more than an occasional random SS from VV due to low chance and due to very rarely using RS/MB in aoe situations… Bad placement for sure. Hell VV is in my eyes a very bad talent thru and thru.

1 Like

I never liked the infusion talents and only choose it if it is along the way to a talent I want more. I dono why I don’t like the change-up of the rotation it gives.

Coordinated assault is still, to the core, garbage. The big dmg it does is NOT worth a 3 min cd.

4 Likes

True but out of the 2 choices I had to get to Ranger I thought it was the better than deadly duo and coordinated assault is like a spare long cooldown of harpoon and flanking strike.

Ranger is hard garbo. No use for it. Its utility.

I mean, yea deadly duo is complete trash even after they buffed it. Its still 1 proc every like 40 secs for what, 3k dmg? Craps bad man.

Id take coordinated assault JUST for the charge ability, bc frankly, its all its worth.

Blizz is pretty obviously determined not to spend anymore time and money on surv then needed. Instead of replacing the complete and utterly garbage talents they are just modifying them. This will end very badly.

2 Likes

So it has no value even if you pick up latent poison and explosive shot? Like I thought it was valuable with Killshot on its own. If it upped the Death Chakrams/chakrams also would it be worth the talent point?

Id say no, its not worth it bc the dmg to point ratio is probably better elsewhere.

I understand how and why they reworked VV/WFI. Im saying where WFI is in the tree is not fine. VV and WFI need to switch spots.

i dont agree.

Problem is the WFB cdr are in nodes you probably wont take for pvp as the tree currently stands.

Ok. Dont know what that has to do with what I wrote. KC is the center of surv focus regen so that would make sense.

Agreed.

40% is a lot of dmg on KS and ES. They will hit like a freaking truck in pvp.

Agree with rest.

1 Like

Interesting. Mines pretty different. I cant imagine ever taking Butch/ frenzy vs anything but demo, uh or bm.

What I was thinking.

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-calc/hunter/survival/BNBImRIEFhoGAVECVALWBFVEhiqBiBA

I don’t like mongoose so that and the nodes locked behind it won’t be in my build unless im against something i can lock down like a priest. Warrior rogue and monk can just disarm 2 gcds into mb making the stacks nullified. I also just like butchery animation lol

Fair enough. I like MB/MF tho. Surprised you didnt take ES tho.

1 Like

It is certainly better than before though considering how lack luster the 1st iteration of SV was… That being said it shows that blizz is listening, that they are open to feed back, that you aren’t “screaming into the void”. Now is every change that you want going to happen-probably not but it is progress, it something.

Quick thoughts

-Glad aspect of the eagle is not so far down though I wish it was baseline and replace it with something like “Charge of the Eagle” and have it either decrease the CD of aspect or increase its’ duration by X seconds.

• Glad Lunge is now just 1 point, wish it was like 6 or 8 yds-but that is a minor gripe

-Ty for reducing so many 3 cap talents

-Are we set with Master marksman talent only affect ranged attacks or are we open to having it affect melee as well (and yes I know SV is the most “ranged” out of all the melee but I doubt having Master Marksman affect melee will make SV op")

-For the ranger talent, still trying to think of a situation when you would want to use steady but it is an interesting talent nonetheless (and blizz you really do tease ranged sv… you sly dog you)

-Nice to see Hydra’s bite return

-Still have to ask why death chakram was the pick that made it through?

Overall I think there is still work to be done but it is an improvement from the last version of SV, to ty blizz.

2 Likes

I leveled my horde hunter as maldrxs and came to really enjoy death chakrams. Personally I nv liked vanilla chakrams. It was a dmg button that didn’t have any interaction with the spec.

1 Like

I’d probably go with

This obviously depends on tuning.

I can’t see myself skipping concussive shot since it’s ranged slow. Ranged slows are nice for kiting and for hitting Kobe traps (which is especially useful with the nerf to Harpoon).

Improved Kill Shot since I think Kill Shot reset is going to pump due to Ranger.

Kill Shot reset isn’t the build that I want but I feel like it’s what’s gonna pump the most.

Improved Mend Pet over Thick Hides due to the dispel.

Death Chakram over Imp Kill Command and Alpha Predator. Before our tier sets we never took Alpha Predator since we only pressed it maybe once or twice a game. Tuning of KC was bad. Death Chakram into Explosive Shot is probably going to be our fat burst.

Nessingwary Trap Apparatus since we can’t take Energetic Ally is our Survival tree. Plus not going Alpha Predator.

Definitely not the greatest build. It also doesn’t feel great to fill out.

1 Like

For pvp maybe, but none of that garbage matters in pve, especially raid and m+.
Your wont go ranger in raid.
You certainly wont be using the complete trash nesingwary’s.
Most likely using predator.
Wont go explosive, prob more master marksmen since thats melee as well.

Surv tree is complete garbage, not going to lie. Needs rebuilt.

1 Like