Df ensemble transmogs can be learned by any class

Nice change but I think Blizzard is Mr. Grumpy with policies like how they treat transmog. This is something they never get . Even when subs tank, people are ripping them for “fun detected”. The current team in charge at WoW amazingly doesn’t understand the little things that equate to overall enjoyment of a game…which is supposed to be played for the fun/joy of it.

Why are there transmog rules at all?! Its a fun cosmetic thing. Are we really justifying it with some of the silly logic of “well in pvp it masks the class which is unfair…” (meaning if a warrior for example could transmog say in cloth and look like a mage the logic was that wouldn’t be fair).

Well boo hoo to that logic. The only transmog rule that should count is “if you earned it so its in your transmog collection…you can wear it”. Period. End of story.

Not to mention the in the game/rpg logic makes no sense…so presumably transmog is done by magical means…so I guess the magic fails if armor type doesn’t match the class… lol

1 Like

Is there a way we could get this retroactively applied to Shadowlands ensembles? I really don’t want to grind out the Ember Court, Path of the Ascended, Mirasus, Court of Night, and Abomination Stitching / Unity sets on alts. This would be a great quality of life change.

nods in approval

Great to hear, how about you take this and apply it to Shadowlands covenants so that people don’t need to do 16 covenant campaigns along with the rest of the ridiculous grinds (F U anima mogs).

1 Like

I appreciate the compromise and it seems fair. I would ask if we could look into removing the requirements to add a transmog piece to our collections, while not removing the actual usability requirements to Transmog the appearance on a specific character. This could work to lessen the bad feeling of getting loot that no one can use when opting in for the new Group loot function in DF, and elimantes the headache of soloing older content but the piece you want on one class drops on the wrong class.

This was such an easy win for you guys, why not just take it?

Better than nothing, and I’m grateful for this change, but still not the most optimal or player friendly way to go about cosmetics. Why not just make one ensemble item that automatically unlocks the appearance for ALL armor types? Players with alts of various armor types will rejoice, and players who only play one character won’t notice any difference at all. This seems like a win-win. Or just let us purchase all four ensembles on one character and add them to our wardrobes. Make them BoA and mailable to alts if you must place an armor-type-to-learn restriction on them.

That said though, you ARE unlocking cosmetic ensembles account-wide for ALL ensembles in the game and not just new ones in Dragonflight, yes?

Path of Ascension’s vehicular-based combat in specific would like to have a word with you. All of the other covenant cosmetics locked behind weeks of restrictions – even if you’ve done them all before, just on a different armor type – are also raising their hands.

4 Likes

Can we have this feature somewhat unlocked in the WoD for the Apexis sets (Frostwolf Leather- and the Draenei set) and make at least the Frostwolf set wearable for all armor types and bring back the headgear?

I think it’s a fine compromise.

I’ve bought the wrong thing many times in the past, and having safeguards to prevent that is good.

rages at buying the resto tier piece in Cataclysm instead of balance, snubbing me of the 4p forever (I didn’t realize until after I equipped it and voided the buyback)

But honestly, at this point they really just need to make Reputation/Renown account wide.

2 Likes

I’d feel a lot better about it if the change was made backwards compatible with older ensembles. Like, I wish I could buy the Mail Scarlet Crusader ensemble on my Paladin, my only character who has the Tabard. Or I wish I could buy all the Shadowlands transmogs on my Warrior, who literally has all 16 colors of plate (I REALLY don’t want to have to redo content that took me two years to do three more times).

1 Like