Dev/Frost Damage

dragon rage into eternity surge + tts fire breath seems like a great time to feign death to reduce it all by 90%.

1 Like

Cool, so yes it’s a distribution graph of the top 5000 players in 3v3.

Moving on, representation only provides accurate information if we know the distribution statistics among the entire population. Overall popularity is an incredibly poor indicator of balance, and if a spec’s representation in the top X is within range of its overall representation, that’s about what you’d expect. It can be the canary in the coal mine, like with Havoc earlier in the season, but it’s a really awful metric to be using to generically rank specs.

When I look at the data I see Survival as a spec that’s not excelling, but is doing fine. On Warcraft Arena Logs it clocks a 49.8% overall winrate in shuffle, which is significantly better than Marksmanship and slightly better than Beast Mastery. It has half the population of the former and yet about the same number of players above 2100. BM appears to have 3-4x the playerbase while having ~6x the number of players above 2100. When compared to specs with similar playerbases Survival seems about in line with them in terms of 2100+ representation.

BM does appear to be the best hunter spec, but Survival seems to be definitively the runner-up, significantly better than MM, and generally doing fine overall. It certainly isn’t “in the gutter” by any metric I can see when it comes to performance. It just isn’t particularly popular.

I wasn’t the one that died. But yea, that would be a good time to feign.

What’s the takeaway here

Yea, that’s all gibberish.

First season, SV had similar levels of participation as the other two specs. Now it’s completely fallen off.

Not at all. It shows what people are willing to put up with.

Players like you, the classic troll types, don’t actually play anything meaningful. I play SV. I have played it a lot. This season compared to the last two is very different. While many if not most other specs have been able to get a steady flow of changes, SV has gotten almost nothing. You can just review the patch notes over the last year. The change to feign was both a buff and nerf.

Anyways, I’m not going to argue with you about it. I’m playing it. It’s very apparent there are far better options for DPS.

And back on ignore you go.

1 Like

Dunno Kennie. SV is great I guess and everyone playing it must be awful outside a few players.

1 Like

Maybe they need to watch more Bicmex.

Yea, watching him die in turtle in the rss tournament was fun.

1 Like

I’m trolling because I’m data-driven?

What does this even mean?

Please though, I need to know what the previous statement means before you go.

I’ll post on my own hunter as a peace offering.

Data driven? We can all look at the same numbers and have two different opinions. I’m actively playing it. You’re… a classic troll.

Oh, do you actually play? I have no way of knowing.

Your parsing of the data is incorrect though. Representation has an incredibly, incredibly loose correlation with performance. Performance-based metrics, unsurprisingly, paint a much more accurate picture.

Don’t you though? Do you honestly think I don’t play? Like for realsies? Do you think I’ve spent the last year weaving the most elaborate, consistent set of lies about how I spend my time? Would literally anything change if I posted on a character that allowed you to verify for yourself that I’m not pointlessly lying?

Because in my experience the only reason anyone demands such a thing is as a way to avoid actually engaging with what’s being said. I’ve been posting on the WoW forums on-and-off for 20 years now and that has always been the case. This is also the only community with this weird, cringy behavior that I’ve seen. I even did the thing recently and actually posted from my main in a thread on the Evoker forums, which only reconfirmed the pointlessness of it for the nth time in my life.

Seriously though, am I supposed to swap the character I post from every time I swap forums or topics? Because let me tell you I have an eclectic life in WoW and that would get old fast.

1 Like

I have an informed opinion from actively playing the spec. You, do not.

I have no idea who you are or even why I put you on ignore the first time. I recently removed some people and now I see why you were on the list. You bring nothing of value to the conversation and remain on a classic troll because… because why? You either aren’t active or you don’t have experience.

It’s just really strange to me that players who are putting in tons of time on a spec have to be told they are wrong by people who can’t even be honest with who they are. Look, I’m done responding to you. If you want to have a meaningful discussion, then respond with something that shows you actually play the game.

If not, gl.

I’m ready for your behavior to magically change.

1 Like

Good thing it’s ‘top 5000’ and not ‘overall’.

Still waiting. Too bad it’s just gimmicky one shot class/specs

What? That you sit on a classic toon to troll the forums?

That we have the same level of experience and yet your opinion on the spec I play is somehow more valid? Crazy.

When have I trolled? I use a classic toon because that’s what I was already posting from when I started playing retail again. Manfighting is also my special boy and he deserves to be shown off.

???

I have never questioned or looked into your experience. I engage with what people say, not their rating. The only thing I’ve questioned is your ability to interpret statistics, because they are objectively lacking. You feel that Survival is “in the gutter”, but the data we have access to says otherwise. The data is what is contradicting your opinion, not me.

Why do you think your subjective experience is more accurate than a logged reflection of reality? Subjective perception is inherently flawed and should never be held above what is verifiably true. I don’t begrudge anyone their feelings, and I myself have an equally flawed and inherently biased ability to see the world if all I use is my own two eyes. That is why we need to use our perception as a jumping-off point, but ultimately concede to what dispassionate reflections indicate.

Are… are you qualifying 7/13 classes as gimmicky one-shot abusers? Subtlety I can see. Maybe Arcane? But I’m confused by the general assessment. Also I guess I’m sorry I haven’t finished leveling the remaining classes. Everything but my rogue was started from scratch in Dragonflight.

Let me know what you consider the “no Oddjob, slappers only” of classes and I promise to have them to 70 next. I would have thought it was Arms but I guess I was wrong.

Or basically just fotm-rolling, like going from combatant to Dev/Aug for free rating. Anything else isn’t particularly good and isn’t being played this season. Your hunter has 0 experience in total.

I’m leveling one of each class to 70 and attaining some nominal amount of experience on them for the sake of improving my Devastation/overall gameplay.

I played literally like a few total months of Shadowlands between two characters (an Enhancement shaman to start because my wife wanted to play, and an Assassination rogue while waiting on TBCC to release) and did probably a few dozen random 2v2 games between them. What I find odd is that I have the Just the Two of Us: 2000 achievement dated in 2020. I don’t remember hitting 2k on my shaman at all.

I swapped to Devastation from my intended main of Elemental because I hated the instant spam that it was shaping up to be. I originally intended to play Ele and Preservation but ended up doing Dev and Restoration instead.

Regarding Augmentation: it was giga-busted, but I didn’t need any free rating from it. I was comfortably above 2.4k as Devastation, but of course I’m going to try the new toy. Was wild playing a spec only three months after being called a conspiracy theorist for predicting.

My hunter is level 64.

But hey, thanks for proving my point lol. I have never once used anyone’s history to avoid engaging with them (frankly I don’t even have the impulse to look people up, and don’t understand those who do), and I have only ever brought my own experience up for the sake of providing context for my thoughts. I have also never misrepresented my experience in any way. Yet, the instant you have access to my profile your only goal is to use it in an attempt to tear me down.

I continue to marvel at how the WoW forums has always managed to maintain such a uniquely embarrassing community.

1 Like

I’m sure. All for your Deva one shot build, much experience need.

Again, playing as Voker is just free.

Yeah and you tried to use it as a bargaining chip and posted on it.

You have, and you consistently tried to misconstrue data.

Yeah, because it proved you didn’t know what you were talking about.

Talking like you’ve been here since Vanilla, yet could only get combatant prior to DF shuffle.