Dev/Frost Damage

While dev has been struggling, the recent changes have really broken the spec. It’s unfortunate, but they are currently busted.

Being able to push out 693k damage in .7s is getting to be a bit silly. Everyone was just left scratching their heads. This isn’t very interesting gameplay.

Imgur

Then you put frost and dev together…

Imgur

Healer wasn’t in CC. Just someone dying in 1.2s from 94%. You still have the dev doing almost 50% of their health in .5s.

Frost alone is doing the same. Granted, frost is working around bomb… so I’m not quite sure if they deserve a pass or not. Bomb can be dispelled or you can pop a CD, but it’s still an incredible amount of damage. Mages being able to cast ray and then blink LOS just seems like such a departure from what this game once was.

Imgur

Like I said, mixed feelings on frost right now. Hunter’s are definitely strong into them, so maybe that’s enough, but I’m sure other specs aren’t enjoying it.

6 Likes

I mean.

Dev hurts.

But if your grtting gripped into the fdk blender youll die if you dont press buttons.

Twas true with walking dead, its true with devoker fdk.

fdk?

Frost mage. =o

2 Likes

All the damage in the world isn’t going to make Devastation remotely S-tier, because it’s too barren of utility, CC, and defensibility.

For some reason Blizzard refuses to actually shore up the toolkit of the spec, like Devastation players have been asking for the entire expansion, and keeps blanket buffing Disintegrate instead.

4 Likes

Still doesn’t justify the damage. =/

I’m all for them getting proper buffs in the areas they need them. Too many lottery dps specs right now.

Less dmg, but give it dispel protection more than UA since UA doesn’t have a CD, and frost bomb being kicked means no block.

Burst will continue to be a problem, and then the other problem is some specs/classes have 150-200k+ more health than others. Everything is a mess and they don’t revert the changes when the classes/specs become strong.

1 Like

Dev is in a similar spot as MM right now. Devs keep throwing damage at it to prop it up.

hrm. No dispel protection, but give it a shorter fuse. :slight_smile:

Pretty much.

Like the warrior that just called me bad and then proceeded to get blown up in the first 10s of the match. There is just so much wrong with the game right now that without aggressive changes, the season/expansion is over for relevant pvp. Well, unless you play one of the top specs. Then it’s fine.

Yea. It’s awful. I’d say one in every 4-5 rounds is someone just getting blown up. It’s ridiculous. Seeing lots of abilities hit for 300-400k+. 40%+ of someone’s health gone from one ability is crazy. Then you get two of those specs together and people just die randomly. No CDs used. Healer isn’t in CC. Just boom.

I agree, the game design is garbage. But Devastation has been languishing in FDK tier for the entire expansion, so I’m OK with them being elevated into B+ tier in any way, even if it’s by virtue of dumb raw damage.

I’d much rather Blizzard fix the spec’s design so it isn’t such a liability outside of damage, but alas. They don’t care about Evoker at all.

1 Like

The worst part is most of the time it’s either unstoppable, or un-telegraphed. Either you or multiple people in CC at the same time, or LoS/ranging interrupts. It is INCREDIBLY unfun to play so I honestly stopped playing because I ain’t seeing good changes coming yet. They just don’t know what they’re doing.

Sure, I get being at the bottom sucks, but I wouldn’t want the same treatment for SV and it’s not much better off.

It’s killing participation. I have had so many people just leave lately. Someone gets blown up and they either just afk or the healer just leaves. This is happening a lot. People just toss in the towel. This stuff is killing the arena more than anything.

Yep. Like I said. No CC on healer. No kick. And quite often, the dps hasn’t even used a CD. That you can trinket and immediately get CC’ed again WHILE at 60-70%+ health and die is a problem. What am I supposed todo? Turtle at 80-90%? Same is true for a lot of specs.

The top specs right now are the ones that can cope with the minor CC. Either via active mitigation, immunities, or just raw healing.

I’m seriously so sick of Arms healing right now. Pair them with a druid and you can’t kill them until deep dampening. I hate it. I don’t understand why no changes are being made. Then add in the fact you can’t CC during bladestorm and they just have crazy uptime… Unreal how bad it is.

SV has been fantastic this entire expansion, though…? It’s an underplayed spec, but it’s been very strong, and its toolkit is robust.

Took a hit with the Feign Death change in 10.2, but that’s about it.

Devastation’s toolkit is barebones. It needs a rework… is what I would say if it weren’t a brand new class, where the reality is they never finished it to begin with. All it has to make it viable short of mechanic intervention on Blizzard’s part is pure damage.

Agree damage is too high to be fun a lot of the time. The trinket set bonus nerf will hopefully help that ever so slightly.

Honestly I think they could’ve removed the mainstat set bonus entirely and we’d be better off. Incentivize PvP trinkets in some other manner.

Strong compared to what though? Arms? DH? DK? Any of the rogue specs? BM is completely outpacing it right now. It’s in the gutter in RSS and in rated 3s. At the beginning of the expansion, SV was good, but it hasn’t kept pace. The 4 set is awful and awkward and the change to feign fixed one thing while breaking another.

At beginning of the expansion, there were way more people play SV. It’s totally fallen of now. Not sure what to say. SV just flops if you don’t have a good healer of if you’re paired with a priest half the time. Then toss in a melee train and you just get called trash while you’re trying to make space from all the zug zug warriors out there that think they are elite because they can mash bladestorm.

Yea, something needs to be done. Problem is, lots of those high burst specs have garbage sustained so they completely fall off. It’s really awful what blizz has created this season.

By what metric?

:confused:

Imgur

Is that a distribution graph of the top ranked 4877 players?

Is this a serious question? I’m being reminded why I had you on ignore.

1 Like

It’s a serious question, yes. The graph is clearly showing the population of each spec and it’s titled as “Top 3v3 Specs”, but it doesn’t give additional context. I’m just asking for clarification before responding further.

Here ya go. You can find your clarification there.