Dev/Frost Damage

I know the stormwind one still has a 200% crit modifier, but the valdrakken one doesn’t.
Also, almost 500k.

I still smack the target dummy for 450k-500k kingsbane ticks, I can promise you that isn’t what I see in arena. The biggest I’ve seen after both nerfs is 230k sub 35% with Zol talented, off a vanish for the last two ticks for MA.

Kingsbane actually has a pvp multiplier that could possibly not be working against the target dummy, eternity surge does not.

1 Like

Is it factoring spell weavers dominance?

I jus swapped one of my devs to high mastery and I’ve hit 300k+ but not 4’s

Maybe it isn’t that wild I guess

For sure, but I guess I’m confused at what we are in disagreement on.

I wasn’t saying that to sleight the best players, but more point out that the games RNG and pacing can be seen at even the highest levels of play. Not that is entirely unique to this expansion, but in the past, as the expansion has gone on, usually it gets more dialed in. The last couple expansion it feels like season to season there is a huge variance in power levels.

So when the top players are making similar mistakes, I really feel like it’s okay to place some blame on the game. There is a lot to track in PvP now and it’s creating a massive barrier for entry. When very spec has multiple offensives and defensives and has the damage to kill a target on their own, often without setup, it’s going to make the game tough to cope with. It’s why I mentioned earlier that I’m seeing more and more people just leave matches after they or someone on their team gets blown up. That feeling of being helpless.

1 Like

That’s what we don’t agree on; if people use defensives and cc properly to suit the meta (for expample using cc to stop a go is nowhere near as punishing in solo b/c damp ramp) the games actually slow wayyy down. I’ve seen this in the rat league games I play and on highly rated players streams. If people play like they usually have which is ignore everything till 50%+ damp in reg 3’s then yeah there are going to be problems. Pacing is a player problem because that variance in power exists. You see 200k+ opens? Someone cocked up more often than not. Not every game is everyone running around doing 100-250+k right?

Like as a DK I actively plan with my healer who trinkets first go vs RMX. In solo, or reg games. How many other people do stuff like that? Or, just run out hope for the best (but the players have made up their minds prematurely about win/loss, thus ensuring the outcome in most cases) while having no plan at all to deal with whats about to come at them. I’m betting it’s way more the latter than former. That isn’t a game issue thats a player issue.

1 Like

Sure sure. I get what you’re saying and I guess we’ll just disagree. :slight_smile:

This is pretty situational and it’s honestly one of the issues in the game right now. How am I stopping a go if a target is mostly immune to my CC if I try to stop their go (evasion, blur, bladestorm, die by the sword, etc.). You add in the RNG we have now and people can die at just random times. I’m not saying it happens every match or every round, but it is enough that I see people just AFK’ing after it happens.

Keep in mind though, that’s why I also said this:

So I totally get that trading CDs can really slow pacing down to some degree, but it doesn’t always. That’s where the RNG comes in. When you see the best players getting merced because RNG happens, again this is a personal thought, I don’t think that’s great design.

1 Like

I played some mastery frost last night. I hit like a truck haha. 12% haste but who cares. Its all my mastery fire gear on alt and I tried a few as frost and the damage on ray/spike was wild

https://i.imgur.com/AVdnogx.png
https://i.imgur.com/L1xghYN.png
https://i.imgur.com/2QAjq9l.png

My ray did over 900k in one game too from 1 use.

Ray of fire when??
Can I haz fire spike?

1 Like

That’s how my Ele is. No Haste, Heavy Crit+Mast

I’m seeing more content creators show off the Volcanic Surge builds more, but they dunno how strong it gets when you gear for it

:dracthyr_nervous_animated:

1 Like

The ‘outdated census’ was more than you ever provided, because Blizzard has been trying to remove the ability for people to conduct Census’ since. You were the one arguing that certain specs/classes were just ‘more popular’ than others and it wasn’t relative to their rating/PvP games played/strength.

Sorry, yours are - and you can’t even seem to do math properly which is probably why you are where you are - rating wise.

You were arguing that arms was better than Aug, one of the strongest specs in the game in all content at the time, because Arms had a higher average rating across the full leaderboard than Aug. And then you said take 2.4k, where Arms had 5 more than Aug which was due entirely to arms having double the pvp population, and not because arms was better than Aug. This wasn’t an argument, it was pure fact.

1 Like

Curious.

Not one post of mine stated

In the first place, it appears you’re not doing so hot on reading either.

Yeah. They certainly are, and Aimed Shot/Rapid Fire was just buffed. Good luck to any clothies out there in a Hunter lobby after Tuesday reset. Made me quit Priest tbh (melee sticking to me like a target dummy too). Priest mobility is cheeks, so they just have to accept the one shot (well 100% to 20% HP but close enough). Pretty fun gameplay right!!!

what’s a frost dk? have seen about as many of those as I see fury warriors

People having a garbage attitude b/c they missused peels/defensives healing cd’s though. I don’t think I’ve done more than one full lobby on my sub rogue and very few on my priest because people make every mistake there is to make, blow up in 5s and rage quit.

This is in effect what you get when you try and bring random bg trolls into arena and I give you solo shuffle because that’s exactly what happened.

Like you may not have all the tools to deal with every defensive in the game, but it’s a good bet that unless we’re talking about idiotstorm your team has something for most situations.

Oh, Merry Christmas btw. Really enjoy talking to you b/c you keep it real and on point even when you don’t agree with someone. Which is great for discussion.

1 Like

Yes and no. Matches are chaotic these days. Damage happens quickly and your guaranteed to overlap some stuff. Even if you’re a good player though, damage can still catch you off guard. That’s what prompted this post. You can string a couple big crits together and someone can be deleted in under a second. That’s more what I’m talking about.

But I do agree there is usually an answer to every call. Just hard to coordinate that in RSS and I think that’s why people get frustrated. There is definitely a lot more bleeding into this problem though. Like if a player loses the first 4 matches, they know they have nothing to gain and just give up.

:smiley:

Merry Christmas as well! Yea, totally appreciate the discussion. Wish this was more common place on the forums. >.<

1 Like

For sure, and one thing I’ll say about that is that the classes with next to no skill floor in terms of what they get damage wise for effort (Destro, Boomy, Ele, Bm, Havoc, Ret,Arms, Demo) whilst having some of the most absurd defenses in the game needs to be addressed.

1 Like

Yea, arms is the biggest offender it feels like. UHDK probably flying under the radar as well, though it’s more situational. Arms being able to dump a ton of damage with Bladestorm while ALSO being immune to CC is a real problem. The fact Bladestorm can also apply a 70% slow and MS is every more of a problem. Then once their go is done, they can kinda wall up and dump rage into Ignore Pain without hurting their damage too much since so much of their damage is around their frequent goes.

Arms just has a ton of tools to use when their healer is in CC.

1 Like

Honestly DK isn’t so bad, but maybe that’s b/c I play one and know how/when to dump on them with my other classes. I can still tell the difference between a good/bad dk pretty easily, warriors not so much.

1 Like