Development Preview: Cross-Faction Instances

It’s like they unclogged a filter somewhere and all the common sense that was trapped is now flowing freely and with purpose.

The most recent communications and design changes based on player feedback are spurring feelings of hope and confidence in me. Almost doesn’t feel real.

9 Likes

Thems the breaks when you pay for pixels.

Gotta accept that one day it could change or don’t do it.

I hope it does. Screw the humans and their boi king.

3 Likes

I completely agree with the point that Cross Faction guilds need to be a thing. Make it an opt in for the guilds themselves to decide.

Disallowing guilds from this puts an unnecessary wrench into the idea of the community you’re trying to provide here.

11 Likes

YOOOO LETS GOOOOO!!! All of my friends and myself are all going back to alliance the moment this drops. THANK YOU!! We are alliance refuges who gave up on the much harder group finder scene back in BFA.

Just make sure you run a major sale on the faction change when this drops, Blizzard. Would be super wack if you don’t.

4 Likes

The word and what comes with it is what matters.

No guild means no:
Guild Achieves
Guild Bank
Having to make all your guild members join a secondary community

and likely more.

1 Like

Excellent new opportunities for trolling :laughing:

“Healer what are you doing?”

"Nothing, die Horde! :smiling_imp: "

Can’t do queue content cross faction though so you’d have to join a premade to do it.

2 Likes

ye, especially with danuser writing 10.0 if shadowlands is anything to go off of

1 Like

Please elaborate on that. The game has slowly been dying the past couple of years and now that they’re introducing a feature that a HUGE portion of the player base have been screaming for, you think it will hurt them?

1 Like

No cross faction guilds :(. The ironwoof dream died as soon as it was born

2 Likes

That’s fine though. There will be Cross faction communities, as they called it, and if you want a “guild” that can function like that, that is likely for you. If you don’t, or you don’t care, you can stay in your faction specific guild. Makes sense given their statement about opt-in.

We just need to whine until they cave.

2 Likes

Are you in any communities? They’re basically just shared, organized chat channels, up to 1000 players.

This is one of those things where the dissenting voices are really loud but after this is all sealed and done you won’t hear anyone about it anymore ever

Just do guilds as well. You’d make such a massive improvement to the lives of alliance players and guilds bravely still standing

4 Likes

Also buff mechagnomes

1 Like

And how exactly would it affect you if you have the option to stay exactly where you are?

1 Like

only thing wow has that sets it apart from other mainstream mmos is faction war. Its World of Warcraft, not World of Hugcraft. Blizz killed pvp servers with warmode, now this

5 Likes

This is awesome news!!!

Yo Blizzard just give me a Green background already.

2 Likes

I’ll group with cloven and horned friends any time to slay demons and death monsters!

2 Likes