Development Preview: Cross-Faction Instances

1.) Dalaran? You know, which hosts both and belongs to neither?
2.) Shattrath?
3.) Hearthglen?
4.) Gadgetzan?
5.) Ratchet?
6.) Oribos?

Do you really not understand that there are plenty of places that aren’t controlled by the Alliance / Horde? And frankly, why does a city even matter?

And as for your proposed downside of being hated by the Horde and Alliance? SIGN. ME. THE. F. UP.

I’ve been WAITING to dish it out to both sides, and can’t wait to taste the tears! Let’s have open world PVP nonstop where you can even kill your own faction, while we’re at it.

4 Likes

Horde players will opt in for the hordies that want to mess with alliance racials. Stoneform and shadowmeld are worth it.

I come here to laugh at you

But not surprising. I’ve been trying to explain to folks for ages that they can stretch the system, but there are certain things that would just cause it to snap, and can’t be done without removing factions entirely from the game.

This in particular got a “spock eyebrow” reaction from me:
Once in a party together, members of the opposite faction will remain unfriendly while in the “outdoor” world

So if you run a dungeon with somebody cross-faction, you can trade loot inside the instance, but not if somebody exits the instance, even though you’re still grouped.

I wonder if you can trade it in the next dungeon you do.

it could be the first step to wrap up the horde vs ally story. we have seen so much more already, and I am so happy to see the development.

considering 9.2 is the last major patch, they have nothing else to work on- besides the next expansion. it probably is a new expansion feature that we’re just getting a bit early (like allied races)

:-1:

7 Likes

Now your Horde guild can boost your alliance character… as long as their is no middle man.

1 Like

They probably are going to need to expand on giving cross faction wow communities more functions.

2 Likes

Maybe it is because of the council, we’ve talked about the faction imbalance.

But also, maybe it’s not.

As a recruiter for my guild on Alliance can I please reiterate how little this change helps me. Don’t get me wrong it’s AMAZING and I’m super hyped but I’m gonna be real, I’m not going to be able to recruit any better after this change.

People on alliance already want to go horde to play with 2/3 of the players. If you’re horde, you not get to pull from the smaller alliance player base to do pvp and keys. That’s fantastic and alliance gets to do the same in reverse. But on horde you already have all the players and don’t need to recruit from alliance. Right now it’s becoming increasingly hard to find players for alliance raiding and why would a horde transfer faction to narrow their raiding prospects by 2/3?

By not allowing cross faction guilds you are doubling down on favoring horde for raiding. Please consider making guilds cross faction or alliance raiding will eventually die.

10 Likes

Are you the kind of person that whips out your N’lyeth and ganks your own faction from time to time . . .

because I am.

I don’t think you can trade gold in the open world though so I don’t think thats the case.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Make sure you comb through this thread and upvote / like EVERYONE asking for this to be expanded fully to Cross Faction GUILDS! To hell with the half measure bandaids. Be bold for once in years, Blizz!

13 Likes

I like the baby steps for cross-faction. Hopefully soon it will be guilds, if people so choose. I have both Alliance and Horde, so I’d like them to benefit from one another. But the main thing for me is to be able to send stuff cross-faction to all players on my account. My Horde end up being neglected because my main, and most of my alts are alliance. Account bound stuff is ok, but it’s limited. I’d like to send a shipment of needed mats, crafted gear or gold so I don’t have to buy or grind more when I have it in stock.

4 Likes

Raid Leader da Álcool Finder aqui (10/10M).

BOA CARALHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. ATÉ QUE ENFIM PORRAAAAAAAA!!!

Thank GOD for this one, at long last. Thank you Blizzard!!!

I wanted this for so long already. I can’t wait to be human again. And see my girl as Night Elf with her little jumps from time to time!!

One question though, can we lift the barrier to enter into the same guilds? I’m worried that with the separation between factions we can’t make the achieves for the guild or wowprogress stuff related.

2 Likes

Is cross-faction trading allowed?

2 Likes

Players will be able to directly invite members of the opposite faction to a party if you have a BattleTag or Real ID friendship, or if you are members of a cross-faction WoW Community.

But let’s say you don’t know anyone. How would this work?

And this is the best you guys could come up with? The council continues to disappoint.

2 Likes

Not pointless, far from it, but definetelly needs to be with guilds included.

3 Likes