Development Preview: Cross-Faction Instances

World of Dubcraft.
This is seriously one of the best changes that could be made. The factions are at peace, and faction leaders have been fighting together forever. It makes sense that the faction members can finally do so.

The only thing I wish Blizzard would do is implement cross faction guilds, but I’m so happy with this change. Finally, my friends and I can co-exist peacefully.

3 Likes
  • Make this an opt-in feature as much as possible. In terms of in-world fiction and player preferences, there are decades of animosity to overcome. While we are excited to offer players the choice to reach across the faction divide and cooperate to overcome common foes, we know that there are many who will react warily to this change, and we don’t want to override those preferences. This is about increasing options for players.

I think the feature should be opt-out if you don’t want cross fraction play and be on by default.

1 Like

Fantastic change. Thank you! It doesn’t really make or break anything for me as a horde player, but it’s good for the health of the game.

1 Like

Because cross-faction guilds don’t make any sense. The Argent Crusade and Factions like them are actual factions, with specific tenets unique to that faction.

Besides, where would you put your dumb, factionless guild in the first place?

He can transfer back now though

Instead of some compromise why not just completely remove the faction barriers??

I would 100% rather play horde races but not if I can’t be in the same guild with my friends, not if I can’t interact with the other faction outside of instanced content or through group finders.

Looks like I’m still going to be stuck on alliance.

9 Likes

How are they gonna min-max this one?

Pff you’re not a dranei shaman? get out of here!

LET’S GOOOOOOO!!! This is AWESOME!

For now. My bet is that won’t last long.

I’m quite happy to hear this!

1 Like

Seriously the amount of good surprises from you guys these last 3 weeks is immense. Really appreciate your hard work to update this game and show you want us to continue to enjoy your content.

3 Likes

Sooner than expected, but welcome nonetheless :smiley:

you’re kidding yourself if you think eso or swtor are competitors to wow

I know, right? I mean, come on. There have never been canonical examples of the races coming together under formal banners and covenants, abandoning their original factions in the process to do so, right … ?

Looks out at like almost every neutral faction we’ve ever ground out rep with over the past 15+ years.

Oh, wait!

8 Likes

People will say “but it already is with mercenary mode” …but they forget mercenary mode is only available Horde-to-Alliance and not Alliance-to-Horde :joy:

Skimming thru this thread I’m surprised there isn’t a flood of Alliance casual BG’ers “descending” on this thread to demand cross-faction BGs.

If ever there was a time to complain/push the issue, now is the time (while blues/devs are on the topic) for any Alliance peeps dissatisfied with the random BG experience

Gadgetzan. ezpz

I want more good news. The hype train ain’t stopping.

Nice, this is a good change overall.

Both factions can group with one another for endgame content and War Mode stays the same.

I never said competitor, but you mentioned “mainstream” MMOs, which they certainly are.

I think you might have a very narrow perspective:

WoW is considered to have one of the best combat systems in the industry, and raid and dungeon designs are practically genre benchmarks.

Do players really start playing WoW because it’s the only one with faction conflict?

5 Likes