Developer Transmog Decisions that do not respect players’ time

1. No unlocking of appearances for previously completed quests

Is it Blizzard’s expectation that we do Loremaster 8 times? (4 for each armor class, x2 for faction locked appearances). Quests already say “Your warband previously completed this quest” so the ability to unlock all the rewards is there.

Massive L.

2. No vendor for weapon arsenals in MOP: Remix

Speaking as a person who actually did grind EVERY single weapon drop in Remix, I feel bad for those that can’t just buy the weapon transmogs with bronze. Even if I finished the grind I would be happy for everyone else if arsenals were just included now.

To put things in perspective, I did the grind across 5 characters (fully upgraded gear) and still ended up with an EXTRA 3 million bronze by the time I was finished. On one character I had to do normal scenarios around 200 times to get the last weapon transmog to drop. And that’s just one character. I did sometimes up to 40 LFR wings a day and on some days I would not see any new transmog drop. It took 2 weeks of farming Dread Wastes for 1 shield to drop.

3. Unique transmogs drop only for leveling toons in Pre-patch event

The drop rate is pretty abysmal. Some people have commented that they leveled all the way to 70 on eligible classes and never saw these items drop.

4. Class restricted transmogs not learnable

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/s/QECmjPoktD

The devs are asking for feedback on class restricted transmogs? Our feedback is that we want class restricted transmogs to become collectable by any class.

21 Likes

I’d also like Legion artifact appearances to not be locked to class. If I want my frost DK to use the warrior artifact appearance for my 1 handers, what the problem here? That content isn’t relevant anymore so why are the appearances still class locked? There aren’t a ton of 1 handed swords that sheathe on the back.

7 Likes

These developers generally seem to try their hardest to repel their customers. The way everything that is fun gets nerfed into oblivion, changed or deliberately omitted, like nerfs to some talents and hero talents, the inability to learn class-specific set pieces on other classes, and now this decision.

I’ve never played a game where I felt so strongly that the developers are actively hostile toward their players. I really would like to see a change in leadership here.

7 Likes

I had a topic deleted a few hours ago for calling the devs out on “respecting players time”. Flagged as “trolling”. Ill let you decide if it actually was.

8 Likes

I get the feeling that a lot of this boils down to people saying something before they know if they have the time or even the capability to achieve what they say.

Basically devs need to stop talking and doing interviews. Blizzard needs a new PR team lol.

1 Like

“Do not respect players’ time”

BINGO!

3 Likes

Lol

Jesus Christ

The levels of entitlement.

2 Likes

How to upvote something 50 times.

5 Likes

Oh no!
things related to Quest reward transmog is staying the same as it has always been!

The Horror!!!

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

No? Just do the ones you’re interested in.

I promise you that you’re not missing much by doing the same quest 4 times for appearances that you won’t use for transmog anyway.

1 Like

The game got a lot more fun for me when I realized that I don’t need to be a completionist.

2 Likes

The retroactive quest unlocks is a slap in the face since it was promised to us. Plus what is the point of “hide warband completed quests” if we have to do Loremaster 8 TIMES!!!

Need a dev response on this because you said one thing and then failed to deliver on launch and said the promised feature in beta is a bug. Ridiculous!

3 Likes

I’m open to some expansion on that, but because of how iconic some of those weapons are I think it would need to be rather limited if they ever actually did it. Examples of a limited expansion of Artifact appearances I’d support include:

Doomhammer for all classes, but only for Orcs and Mag’har

Ashbringer’s hidden appearance only (ie Corrupted Ashbringer) for DKs

Felo’melorn for all classes, but only for Elves

3 Likes

Which would be fine if Morgan Day hadn’t promised otherwise in an interview

3 Likes

I have to repeat a quest 8 times to get all 8 transmogs, who thinks of these things? Better remove warbands and everything that is shared from the account at once :weary:

1 Like

Honestly, outside of being an account bank noone needed as solo guild banks are literally a dime a dozen, warbands will have no real purpose by the time the devs remove eveything they were supposed to be for.

why do people continue to act as if this is a word which is in Blizzard’s vocab?

The word promise is in Blizzard’s vocabulary. It’s just Blizzard defines the word as “Promise: made to be broken”.

3 Likes

…and it’s with things in the game that are fun, trivial and don’t mean a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it does to us.

Lock fun, but push obnoxious arbitrary systems for…well, ‘just because.’

Companies that have a good thing going always self sabotage and screw things up.

I genuinely loathe them when they do things like this. If I hadn’t already paid for TWW and I didn’t want to see the new areas, I would be voting with my wallet and find a more deserving game company.

2 Likes

Darn it, my bingo card is full