Devastation evoker difficulty

1 being easy to 10 being difficult to play

Or

5 being in the middle (not too hard and not too easy to understand)

Which number would you rate the spec?

1 Like

I would say 5. It is different enough it takes a bit of getting used to, especially preservation.

But overall i wouldn’t say difficult at all.

3 Likes

Definitely 5. Once you get used to empowered spells it’s not so bad.

3 Likes

5 for sure.

1 Like

I have to echo 5

1 Like

As for their DPS rotation? Probably a 2 or 3.
As for mastering their defensive and utility abilities? That’d be around a 6 or 7.

So 5 seems relatively fair pick.

2 Likes

0 because I’m not playing one of those goofy looking things lol.

4 Likes

Simply for just picking it up? 2 maybe 3.

The Dev DPS rotation is very intuitive, especially in M+. The core concept of blue spells buff pyre and pyre does AOE is very simple. There aren’t a lot of procs to track, so the priority of spells is pretty straight forward, and honestly pretty fun.

In Raid (Single target) it’s even easier. Pyre takes a back seat unless there are 5 adds to cleave, so you’re just focusing on optimizing your Disintegrates.

That being said, Dev does suffer a bit from the “Either or” style of talents, you generally have to choose between a build with high AOE or high Single target - it’s hard to take both. So if you M+ and Raid, you need to get used to two different rotations.

1 Like

Surprisingly, dev suffers the least from the ‘either or’ talents. If you’re mostly focusing on AoE, take Volatility (which only costs some living flame damage and reduces max essence to 5 instead of 6). If going pure ST at the expense of all cleave, take away the cleaving SS/ES talent and put it into more living flame damage.

Even while built with Volatility, they can still do more ST damage than a lot of specs that go AOE talents.

It’s at least a 10. The spec is so complicated and convoluted and terribly designed. It feels like some kind of jerry rigged class put together with duck tape.

Most of the time I just press an ability to proc free essence procs, cast, and then fish for more. The aoe abilities are kind of punishing and limited for a movement class as well. One of the biggest reasons you need so much survivability is cause your stuck in one spot so often just trying to do your rotation with limited range.

Not to mention how wonky the pathing is on deep breath when you’re just trying to make the spell work.

3 at most, i would put it at 2, but you theoretically have to aim 2 abilities

5 at most, for sure.

Harder than ret for example but way easier than arcane, very mobile but pre-event defensives. Maybe 4 or 5 compared to all the dps specs I play.

1 Like

With an army of 5’s, which I agree with, it seems like it’s more of a you problem. Have you done any studying?

1 Like
  1. Easier than BM.

I disagree it’s a 10 for me and I am no longer in school studying is not something I do for a video game intently. If I have to read external sites to learn how to play the game well then the game has failed to teach, or it’s horribly designed. I think both is the case here.

1 Like

Even without studying, it should not be at a 10. That is purely on you. I suppose it’s fitting that you play warrior.

1 Like

I’d say 5 like many others said. It’s fairly basic, once you get used to the empowered spells and the 25 yard range it’s easy.