Devastation evoker difficulty

I have to say this mystifies me. I play like a pudding and I have no real trouble with Evoker.

Unless your struggle is with the higher content? I can see where that can get challenging.

It’s a really chill spec. I play Dev and Fury Warrior cause they’re relatively simple.

2, it is properly most easy spec right now. It is definitely easier than DH. I reroll from dh to evoker, but the range is a problem you have to deal with. Caster are generally less punishing to play than melee in pve.

Are we talking PvE? Yeah probably 5, PvP I think it’s harder, I can do much better on DH, DK, Hunter, Druid, or Ret with far less effort. I feel like getting Deep Breath to go off properly should make it a 10, since an ant crossing the road will glitch that and get you killed in an epic.

I think he meant pve. In pvp, it doesnt perform well because it is squish not because it is hard to play

Yeah 4-5.

At first I did struggle with survivability and using empowered spells but after that the ceiling of optimisation only other notable was using deep breath at min range needed to cover mobs.

Just wanted to say that if you don’t feel studying on outside sites is a viable option for you, there is another method to get some help with this. Go to the curseforge thing where you get your addons, and search for one called ‘Hekili’. I learned about it from someone I raid and do dungeons with.

Its called a ‘priority helper’ thing. It puts a few icons on your screen of suggestions of what you can hit to optimize your rotation. Sometimes even on classes we’re familiar with, it can be helpful chugging along in the background because it can remind you of stuff. Its been nice for a few of my alts (boomie, fire mage, and ele-sham) since I started messing with it the other day. The addon itself is very customizable, as well.

I haven’t noticed ‘deep breath’ come up during its suggestions, but I have a feeling that’s just because it may focus on more normal filler attacks. In either case, spotting the patterns in what it suggests could help a lot. Take care ^.^

1 Like