Details! or Recount?

I’ve been using Details!, I saw a thread a couple years ago saying it was superior. But a friend recently came back and he uses Recount because its what he used back in Wrath the last time he played.

Our numbers never match up. I downloaded Recount to compare, and sitting side by side both tracking DPS Recount is consistently about 3k higher DPS numbers than Details!

Is one more accurate than the other? Is there a way to tell which is correct? Is there perhaps settings I need to tweak for them to both show the same numbers, or a reason why Recount shows a consistent 3k more?

Thanks!

Details is way better, I only ever use recount if details is broken by a patch or something.

Recount is a zombie addon that always seems to function when nothing else does.

2 Likes

I am a simpleton I just use skada(sp)

As far as Accuracy they all fairly close…
But to really see the nitty-gritty of everything details

details is more accurate than recount, don’t use recount, it’s never accurate

3 Likes

Details, far more useful. Esp in a M+ dps isnt actually the most important thing…it’s interrupts, dispels and avoidable damage.

3 Likes

Details! is the most accurate damage meter. It uses the same algorithms as warcraftlogs, as well, so it tends to be the most accurate of the three main players.

Honestly Details! has been the recommended damage meter by the top players since at least 2008. The fact that it’s even a question these days is interesting. You can certainly use the other two (Skada/Recount) for your own reasons, and it’ll work in terms of telling you where you sit compared to others, but Details! is above and beyond with it’s features, accuracy, and overall development support.

3 Likes

Recount can fuel your dps ego

Details for the truth

5 Likes

Ask yourself these questions, even before going into differences for addons.

Why did you personally start using Details and when.

Why do world first raiders, m+ players and pvpers use details as their damage addon.

And then finally ask yourself why someone who hasn’t played since wrath would know anything about proper addons for the modern game?

8 Likes

Details is currently the top dps/hps tracking addon. It also sinks reports from the rest of the party/raid. This way if someone is out of range, the actions are still counted when it is sinked and the reports are way more accurate.

3 Likes

This is an important part about details, it had accuracy (close to true value), and precision in two ways (repeatable, and communicates with others who have it as well in order to tighten up sampling points).

1 Like

That’s what I thought. But every time we do dungeons together I might mention the numbers I’m seeing and he always has different numbers than me. I wasn’t sure which one was accurate.

Do you have a really geared, well competent player as a friend (like some close to 225)? I would suggest bringing that person in order to “brow beat” your returning friends ego.

So as an example do a dungeon with them, and if that good player has details have them compare how they are doing vs the returning friend. Will show them they are wrong. Also you can show them logs as well to have an objective measurement that what they are doing isn’t what they think.

I’m surprised this is the first time I’ve heard about Details!.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/details

It’s a good addon but if your computer can’t run it, then skada is a good alternative (more lightweight and easier start up).

But honestly for everyone, please do not use recount past mid-WoD.

1 Like

They won me over at “Handsome” lol.

Most powerful, reliable, handsome, damage meter for World of Warcraft.

I use details. I like it better!

How do I get Details to show overall DPS instead of resetting after each combat?

Click one of the buttons on the right side of the dps window. Likely the cogwheel. A bit dumb that I can’t detail which button but its become so subconscious about changing between overall and per fight that I don’t think of the icons.

Once you do that it should have a list of all encounters show up above the bar. Oldest fight as at the top and most recent is at bottom. Overall and current options should be in own section below that most recent encounter. You can keep overall up the whole time or just look at it once a dungeon is done.

Skada, light weight. I liked it over recount by a mile. Never heard of Details addon though. It’s been a long time since I had to use a damage meter, 3 expansions ago.

1 Like