Details! or Recount?

I use recount because I started using it back in…(BC? I think) and am too lazy to change or look at anything else.

I mean I rarely if ever look at recount. I don’t need another addon I just have closed all the time.

1 Like

Details is an eye sore, Recount looks much better. If it’s a matter of running details or nothing at all, it’s nothing hands down.

1 Like

I use recount because it’s a small and nonintrusive.

2 Likes

I use Numeration Damage Meter. Very simple and takes almost no resources.

The issue with Recount is that is measures your dps during uptime on the boss only & doesn’t adjust for times when you’re not actively hitting the boss - Details measures the entire fight & adjusts your dps to include time not hitting the boss (which for melee can mean a significant disparity in the numbers if it’s a fight where you have to move around a lot & can only truly dps intermittently).

Both are fine, as long as you know they generate their respective numbers & can use them to assess your work & figure out ways to improve.

1 Like

Details is considered the best option atm, however for the purpose of judging a dungeon group or personal performance either is fine honestly. they dont need to be 100% accurate.

You want accuracy… run logs, their not not just for raids. Live logging is simple, just grab the warcraft logs addon, type /combatlog in the chat, hit play, name ya log and go then when you are done hit stop and its already uploaded.

I loaded details and Skada both, and they gave very similar numbers. Haven’t used recount for a while.

2 Likes

I use Details! because of the customizability :+1:

:+1:

I don’t like details! mouse over drop down menus.

i guess im a hipster because i use skada

dont recommend tho the updates are like 1 every 10 years

Details.

The only reason you’ll get other opinions is because most people have no idea how to use it for anything besides a dps list.