Destruction spec bonuses

For this specialization, in Season 4, I would like the bonuses (updated) from:

Para esta especialización, en la temporada 4, me gustarían las bonificaciones (actualizadas) de:

Para esta especialização na Série 4, quero os bônus (atualizados) da:

• Season 1 / Temporada 1 / Série 1
  • Season 2 / Temporada 2 / Série 2
  • Season 3 / Temporada 3 / Série 3
0 voters

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/choose-your-own-gear-in-dragonflight-season-4/1760899/1

10 Likes

for the love of god stop giving these pve’ers voting rights to pvp set bonuses. This should be separate of pvp choices or not at all this is so stupid the best destro tier thats come into pvp is getting outvoted by garbage.

36 Likes

The problem with this is that PvE players and PvP players will very likely opt for different bonuses. In theory, this is a phenomenal idea, however why not just let each player pick the set bonus they want when equipping their second tier piece in S4?

In this way, PvE players can pick what is best for PvE and likewise for PvP players. As a PvP player only who mains Destro, S3 has amazing set bonuses and I absolutely want them moving forward. However, I understand not a single PvE player will want the Dimensional Rift perks because (to my knowledge) all dungeon-goers and raiders want Chaos Incarnate.

21 Likes

Another option along the same lines as my suggestion above, would be to offer the DF S1-S3 set bonuses as “talent choices”. Again, I only PvP, but for players who engage in PvP and PvE on the same character, different season set bonuses will be preferred depending on the gameplay.

Allowing each player to pick their own choice of S1-S3 bonuses is, honestly, the best solution here. This way the player can at least think, “Do I prefer to PvP or PvE: where do I want the tier bonus to shine?” However, making the S1-S3 tier bonuses as “talent-like” options on the talent screen would also be cool, between the saved Build menu and the PvP Talents.

Hello, I’ve played destruction warlock seriously every patch since Firelands in Cataclysm. The spec identity has changed a lot since then, and I think in a good way. We’ve hit a good thematic middle area of summoning infernals which deal fire damage and feel relevant to the identity of a fire warlock, and is distinct from the other two specs. Shadowlands led to the destruction gameplay that exists today, and in my opinion is fun and engaging, or at least better than it has ever been. That said, Dragonflight has failed to continue these design choices and has let Destruction stagnate. The first tier set provided no meaningful gameplay change, and only supported the existing builds. The other two tier sets have attempted to encourage the use of different talents like channel demonfire and portal. There is nothing wrong with the talents, however they have caused a drifting gameplay away from what makes destruction fun. I don’t think any of the tier sets are worth voting for, and I hope Blizzard can do a better job designing future ones to complement the gameplay loop that has become a part of why I play destruction.

19 Likes

ya im having so much fun pvping on destro lock with this 4 set bonus its the most fun caster dps i ever played and now im gonna lose it because of cringe pvers

3 Likes

I’m a PVE player only that strongly prefers S3 bonuses. It grants more mobility, and breaks the stranglehold that the other tiers forced for dungeons, which was CI rain stacking. You can still rain stack if you want, or run Cata, and having the option is GOOD. And destro still solid ST build without CI, and more mobile. I have no idea why people would want to lose this.

12 Likes

Agreed. I was skeptical at first but Rift actually feels so nice. Having something additional to press on the move, especially one that automatically cleaves, is a game changer for the spec and I’m kind of dreading DRift going back into the trash can after this tier. I wish it was a little less RNG reliant but I can’t complain too much.

6 Likes

Any pick that’s not S3 is trolling. Crit damage? Boring. S2 is also entirely useless in PvP.

9 Likes

S1 its by far BY FAAAAAAAAAAR the best tier set for destro this exp, is really strong in pve and pvp, yes S3 set bonus is far superior in pvp but S1 is not that far behind, anyways i rather having a spec able to compete with the top classes than having a lackluster set bonus that its really strong in just one side of the game so sry for you all but S1 tier set its gonna win BY FAAAAAAAAR and if u think other wise you either don’t play destro much, you are a casual or delusional

2 Likes

Well, I am happy to hear that PvE players enjoy the S3 enhancements of Dimensional Rift: I truly thought it would only be PvP players. However, based on the poll info so far, S3 tier set bonuses are still in last place. That’s worrisome, though the poll has only been out a few hours. I’m hoping S3 sweeps the meters!

Similarly, I hope that Dimensional Rift’s tier set bonuses for S3 become baked into the Destro tree somehow. I personally don’t need the splash damage, but I’m sure that’s great in Mythics. I can appreciate casting Cataclysm on a huge mob pull must generate a LOT of DR procs! I also don’t play the 4pc set yet as Fire Rift doesn’t seem worth losing so much BiS stat value for me in PvP, but man does it look cool.

If DR would become baseline for Destro, which there are many threads by players asking for it to be, the choice node now for Chaos Incarnate or Dimensional Rift could be replaced with Chaos Incarnate or Dimensional Mastery (just a name I thought of) granting the 2pc set bonus permanently.

A Destro can dream…

6 Likes

Rof had great synergy with infernal cdr, the change to make wilfreds a flat decrease had more to do with cata usage than the tier set.

Season 1:

• 2-Set - Consuming Soul Shards has a chance to grant you Chaos Maelstrom, increasing your critical strike chance by 10% for 10 sec.

• 4-Set - Your critical strikes deal 208% damage instead of the usual 200%.

Season 2:

• 2-Set - Channel Demonfire bolts, Immolate, and Incinerate have a 20% chance to fire an additional Channel Demonfire bolt.

• 4-Set - After casting 15 Demonfire bolts, your next Demonfire bolt deals (103% of Spell Power) Shadowflame damage to the target and (35% of Spell Power) Shadowflame damage to enemies within 8 yards.

Season 3:

• 2-Set - Immolate damage increased by 20%. Immolate periodic damage has a chance to grant a charge of Dimensional Rift.

• 4-Set - Dimensional Rift can now summon a powerful Flame Rift which fires 20 Searing Bolts that deal (25.3165% of Spell power) Fire damage to its target and an additional (10.1302% of Spell power) Fire damage over 10 sec to nearby enemies.

7 Likes

WoW is not a PVP game first and primarily, so cope harder

3 Likes

LMAO man is cooked

1 Like

The real tragedy here is that despite how boring S1 tier was, I still voted for it, solely because it doesn’t force the use of those other bad talents. DR’s mobility is nice, but if all your casts just deal that much more damage, a little movement isn’t a huge deal.

5 Likes

word! I hate the S3 for mythic + and raid. /vomit

This is a PVE game. PVP is just for fun and trolling. If you are serious about it I am sorry…

3 Likes

How the hell is S1 winning.
People are so lame. Yay, can’t wait for my tier set bonus to once again be crit stats.

5 Likes

This poll is a testament on how people don’t like being pigeonholed into talents, even if they end up working okay.

12 Likes