Destro or Ele for BGs?

Destro is the fire mage LARP mode for warlock pvp. Only true legends play the true warlock spec, affliction.

I don’t know about you guys, but one of the worst things about modern WoW is how badly they’ve handled warlocks and affliction in particular. Playing it in TBC is refreshing

1 Like

I know what you mean about retail, but for me affliction feels weird without the DoT crit talent from wotlk and haunt. 3.3.5 affliction is my fav

Did I ever tell you that you’re my hero Dad?

1 Like

Trust me you’ll love Ele way more in bg’s. Honestly Ele is overpowered in bg’s. They pump hard and have decent survivability, you’re going to get global’d in a charge stun as destro even in full gear.

Elemental shaman are way too easy to kill. Their survivability is awful. I agree they are more survivable than destruction lock, but affliction lock will waste an ele shaman easily.

Sure but an afflic lock would get absolute smashed by a rogue and warrior, while an Ele does very well vs warrior and decent vs rogue. Mail+shield and 300+ resil Ele is very tanky vs melee and it’s easier to heal them in comparison to a destro lock.

Rogue yes, warrior depends.

One interrupt will lock them out of 90% of their damage and 100% of their healing, while a Destro locked out of fire can still shadowbolt, shadowfury, fear and deathcoil.

No they do not “pump” harder than a destro lock lol, if both classes are given the same opportunity to free cast the Destro lock will out damage the Ele at least 80% of the time, with the other 20% being when the ele has their cooldowns up.

Also if a warrior charges you as a Destro lock you have your succubus seduce them and when they break it you go for a deathcoil/shadowfury into fear, extra points if you are a tailor and can stick them in a netherweave net. The only way you get globalled by an arms warrior as a lock in tbc is if you are a brand new 70 or afk at the keyboard.

Warriors are one of the classes that can give a warlock problems but I guarantee they destroy elementals way easier lol.

1 Like

Rogues(Ele’s biggest counter) was buffed going into TBC.

Many classes got pvp tools and shamans got literally nothing PVP-wise going into TBC besides bloodlust.

If you want to play Ele in PVP and actually have fun, I’d wait till Wrath when shamans get fixed to be on par.

The amount of tools we get going into Wrath is honestly quite insane and playing without them sucks(Stoneclaw totem shield, thunderstorm, hex, earthgrab totem, astral shift, lava burst, call of the elements, wind shear, 12sec grounding

1 Like

I didn’t say they pump harder than a destro, I said they pump. Ele is 100% more useful in a bg than a destro just because of their utility. Ele can off heal and their damage is inane when left alone… plus their totems and lust, Also succubus is trash unless you are trying to duel. No they don’t destroy Ele easier lol, Ele doesn’t even need to kite or cast versus a warrior 1v1. Lightning shield+searing totem+ shocks every 6 seconds with auto attack and flame tongue drops a warrior quick. People get confused, you don’t need to actually kite as an Ele.

As a Destruction warlock with over 100k honor kills in bgs under their belt all I can say is you are flat out wrong lol.

Lol okie dokie.

You guys are making me want to play a Destro lock and an Ele sham lol

Any warlock using any pet other than Fel Hunter for battlegrounds can safely be ignored since they have no idea what they are talking about. Elemental Shaman is going to be far stronger than a Destruction Warlock in battlegrounds as well as arenas. An Elemental Shaman is going to have much more survivability than a Destruction Warlock and since your goal is to top damage, killing blows, etc you are going to want the class that spends less time in the graveyard to do that.

This guy brought back that old Destro Lock/Drakedog feeling.

1 Like

I mean, Seduce/Nuke was definitely a play style.

1 Like

You obviously have never pvp’d as destro or you are just flat out bad at the class. The succubus is our strongest pet. Elemental survivability isn’t as high as you claim either its ridiculously easy to lock them out of their heals and thats all they got to survive.

Haven’t played either, but having grinded a lot of BGs on other classes I would much rather fight against a destro than an ele. Destro locks honestly don’t feel that scary and they tend to just die the second a decently geared warrior looks at them.

Ele just feels way burstier and tankier in general and being able to heal makes them incredibly annoying at times. On my druid I feel like I can heal through even full pve destro warlocks that are free casting, but ele just occasionally blows someone up with lightning bolt → chain lightning → shock bursts and I can’t do much about it.

Lolmentals are just as squishy as Destros plus you can unload on them without fear of giving them a free instant cast nuke.

Good luck healing through a warrior thats mortal striking you and locks you out of your pitiful lesser heal and forces you to sit there doing no damage. What are you gonna do? Frost shock and ghost wolf away? Lul

There is a lot of bad hipster elemental shaman players spreading misinfo in this thread.

Your pvp achievements on your retail account says everything anyone needs to know about you. You’re the last person that should call anyone “bad”.