Destro or Ele for BGs?

Which do you think is a better class for BGs. Topping KBs, HKs, and generally being a terror on the battlefield?

Destruction hands down. You have high burst, a stun, fear, and seduce with the succubus. I’ve pulled off the wrecking ball achievement numerous times solo in battlegrounds as a destro lock.

Shaman only really has the high burst with a few totem utilities like grounding, tremor, and earthbind. Its burst is pretty high too but mostly relies on cooldowns to gib people, as a destro you can setup that gib window more easily.

2 Likes

Definitely destro.

Shaman feels great until they close to melee, then you remember you don’t have any cc or survivability cooldowns as ele.

Resilience also really, really hurts ele. Destro has much more control.

I’ve been having fun as enh in BGs though.

1 Like

Elemental, if you’re one of those types (like me) where you end up healing anyway.

Yep I know what you mean. I’ve been doing BGs with my shadow priest and I keep switching to healing. That’s why I’m just getting healing gear for it now and will just PVP as disc.

On the subject Destro lock is probably for the burst damage, KBs etc. I will say that in Classic elemental shamans absolutely destroyed and the alliance complained about them constantly, but they aren’t quite as OP anymore.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply everyone. I think I know what I’m rolling next for BGs (Destro). Balance Druid isn’t doing it for me. Destro sounds so fun.

1 Like

Warlocks are much harder for me to get a hold of for sure.

1 Like

what changed?

I blame Resilience.

In Classic my (ally) friends and I would run into these geared ele shamans and they would cast chain lightning and destroy us. Sometimes one-shotting the lesser geared. 5000 damage, 3000 chain damage etc. When health pools were lower. Now it’s not so easy.

Plus I do arena 5s my guildies including a shammy and the enemy team usually focus on the shammy. He gets destroyed pretty fast. It can be tricky to heal him through it. I have way more survivability on my lock and probably even would in Destro spec (which is not a preferred lock PVP spec but could work for BGs).

Not that I’m some sort of pro-PVPer but this is what I’ve seen anyway.

i noticed the same after reading ele shams were the kings of classic pvp, so i boosted one for pvp…rip

if you’re ignored in a bg, you still chunk but not around a healer

Wow, that’s pretty hard to hear. At least they get good again in WOTLK.

Destro sounds exactly like what I’m looking for.

Well hopefully you’re having fun with your shammy anyway, even if it’s not quite as good as it used to be. Fun is what matters.

It will undoubtedly be more fun once they get Lava Burst and all the other WOTLK tools I’m sure. At least he has one ready to go for Wrath launch (If it ends up happening).

1 Like

its pretty fun in pve, locks and mages get all happy when i join the group. also, its fun in a pvp deathball. you still stop dmg charts in that. it’s just, don’t try to be an mvp playing objectives

1 Like

Pfft affliction, so fun to just rot the entire enemy team

1 Like

Ele is waaay stronger than destro in bg’s.

I have to absolutely agree here. Destruction is great for raiding/dungeons, but I find affliction way better in arena and BG. Way more survivable and just dot everyone and run, watch their life just drain away :smiley:

Yeah, I also agree that affliction is better for PVP but he asked about Destro so if that’s what he wants to play that’s fine. Shadowfury in BGs can be kind of fun. I recommend experimenting with specs.

1 Like

Lots of conflicting answers on this lol.

Affliction is boring to me until wotlk when Dots can crit and we get Haunt.

Affliction is the baby mode for warlock pvp. Only true legends are daring enough to roll destro.

1 Like