Destro - is forever ruined

If you earned glad playing a spec that can sit in the middle of the match, out heal his own healer (passively), burst 20k, and lock down an entire team - don’t tell anyone you did it playing lock.

This spec needs nerfed so bad. past 1900 - nothing but locks. I dont think anyone is having fun playing against them right now.

6 Likes

Its all good because there’s 7 1/2 people on retail rn

6 Likes

shxit - your are probably right.

There are more paladins, druids, mages, rogues, and priests above 1900 than there are warlocks. Good try though.

1 Like

While desto is in a good place, I would hardly call them OP. Once dampening ramps up to over 20%, they tend to flop over like dk.

You have clearly never faced 5.2 Destro locks.

Ding ding ding found a lock main lmao

17 Likes

Coming from a hpal that likely played rmpala lol

2 Likes

The best part about destro is that it still loses to rmx more often than not

2 Likes

really ive only been able to kill a dlock at about 75-80% damp, ofc my play style has a near 80% win rate vs most of them in the 2200/2300 bracket in 2s. i just pillar hug and spam rapidfire/arcane shot with trueshot to lower CD of rapidfire and keep lining all game long with FD dispels on maledicts/roots and drop casts an disengage/master call cheetah when rooted and if feared into open instantly turtle. this has a huge success rate for me as the locks get mad an start infernal bolting my pet lol.

3 Likes

wow bro, incredible, tell me the story again

9 Likes

It read,

“The locks I’m playing against have stupid druid partners that don’t play well.”

Im more scared of a demo than a destro honestly. They give BMs nightmares

rep has literally zero to do with whats fun. destro literally ruins the entire game because its miserable to play against and nothing is punishable

not as bad as demon hunter. dh is only 2 buttons and they self heal ten times more than the healer

or rogue.

just kidney them and let the mage land 2 gpies and its gg

etc

I think you stuttered, it’s spelled RMX.

And destru has counters that do completely punish them, RMX ofc, TSG, DH/DK, Turbo. It depends on the comp but jungle can completely shut down destru if there’s not a mage on the team playing MLX.

It’s not fun to play or play against but it’s far from RMX forgiving.

i cant believe drianki rerolls and finally gets higher than the staggering 2100 he sat at 5 consecutive years playing aff and is now full doggoing ‘destru’

2019 wild times

5 Likes

Heckindrinkai!!!

2 Likes

Well mage lock pmuch can beat all of those anyways even melee cleaves, but really the only destro comps jungle consistently beats is the stuff like shadowplay or playing something like warrior destro

In general though just because you can counterpick it doesn’t change that it’s extremely unfun to play against, most of the time your win comditions are just trying to not do anything whatsoever until very deep dampening, there’s very little active play that rewards anyone vs a destro which is why people make those statements. It’s pretty much just like fire mage where you also can take away a lot of the warlocks personal responsibility away in favor of just hardcore punishing your opponent if they make small errors. This can cause situations where overall the destro team very well is making much more mistakes than their opponnent but the ones that can actually punish anything is their opponnents mistakes.

Literally exact reason gpy is miserable lol

Still though the arguments of rogue mage beating destro are not really solid ones imo. C9 was able to even best the best rmd’s as MLD. Being really good can reward you as Destro I feel especially super top end but there’s a huge range especially on ladder where it’s incredibly similar to Gpy mage frustration

I’d say anyways there’s probably more destro comps that can beat melee cleaves besides just MLD. There just needs to be extra support on the team.

But I mean DH is in the same boat, loses to rogue mage but thats not a good defense for saying its mechanics are not extremely frustrating and forgiving.

It’s just the worst types of arguments I feel like. Warlocks have always had scary times vs melee cleaves, you always had to figure out ways to beat them. Literally everyones problems would just go away on nearly every side if we stopped having these specs having such incredible self sufficiency and even just buffed damage across the board (plus healer healing) too.

Everyone is just making circular arguments about omg this spec/comp is very hard to punish so this means my spec that’s suffering the same issues isn’t as much of an issue.

7 Likes

Yeah I mean I don’t play MLX so it sounds to me, again, like a fire mage issue. Which goes back to specific comps making certain specs appear to be stronger than they are.

I play splay generally and there are plenty of comps that feel like an uphill battle no matter how far you outplay the opponent and plenty of comps where I could play with one hand and win.

I understand destru is a top tier spec, my issue is that people are asking for the wrong things to be nerfed, like demon armor. Locks were literally garbage tier prior to the demon armor buffs and arguably had more damage capabilities as destru prior to infernal nerfs.

I’d love to let warlocks have port baseline to be able to kite if they nerfed soul leech but other classes also need self healing nerfed at that point. DH/DK specifically.

I hate being forced to play destruction, it’s about as fun for me to play as it is to play against but I don’t think it’s anymore braindead than anything else to play in this game. The game as a whole is just bland and there’s plenty of melee damp iterations as there are destru dampeners.