Deserter from vote kick

Again… your problem is allowed to be addresed, but their problem with you isn’t?

This has nothing to do with who is more right or wrong. Because, as I said, had you paid attention: the system doesn’t differentiate between one type of problem over another.

1 Like

I am, yes, unless it impacts the success of the group. If AFKer was being carried by non-AFKer, then non-AFKer was prepared to carry you as well, were that necessary.

Hence, non-AFKer was planning to win the island without the participation of AFKer, and without your participation as well, if need be.

As such, success was assured, and there was no need to kick.

3 Likes

That assumption has no basis

Sounds like Blizzard’s logic is fine.

Blizzard has nothing to fix, the vtk is working as intended. The majority of players in that instance didn’t want you there.

1 Like

If they was AFK, they wouldn’t have been able to vote you out of the group. Thus they was not AFK, or as AFK as you thought. Never try to pick on guild mates you will lose every time.

4 Likes

If you were not already failing the Island, then it absolutely does have a basis.

The issue isn’t with the vtk its with the deserter. 0/10 troll

Then I suggest you search through the forums for the dozens and dozens of other threads complaining about the debuff that comes from being kicked. There are very good reasons for it to exist, even if you don’t like it when it hits you.

2 Likes

there are zero good reasons why a player not contributing at all should be able to prevent someone else who is contributing from joining instances for 30 minutes

1 Like

So now you’re just going to randomly call people trolls for no reason, because you didn’t like their answer. Real nice.

2 Likes

Deserter debuff been around since Wrath. Its not going away any time soon. This is beating a dead horse.

Yes, there are. The VTK system doesn’t know WHY a person is being kicked. It only knows someone is being kicked. Since it cannot distinguish such things, it must treat all kicked persons the same way.

You are asking for an automatic system to make a judgment call that it is incapable of. That is ridiculous.

4 Likes

You’re talking to a wall here, m’dear. I’ve already attempted to explain this and the OP just ignored it completely.

2 Likes

I’m stuck at work. I could watch Overlord again, I guess… but this is better at keeping me awake.

2 Likes

Are you really in support of pure democracy even when it is tyrannical, unjust, or oppressive? Just because they said “majority rules” when we were children in school?

To clarify, this is what I was referring to

2 Likes

LOL… poor soul. I just got off of work. Thankful for that. “Stay at home” apparently means “do dumb stuff consistently” and then I have to take those calls. My officers were not happy campers tonight.

1 Like

Something something, idle hands.
Something something something devil’s work.

There’s actually no need to directly quote. If you click the little character icon on the upper right corner of your post, it shows to whom and what you’re replying. Just a friendly forum tip.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We’re talking about a deserter debuff that doesn’t differentiate between one person’s problem over another person’s problem. That’s it, that’s all. This has nothing to do with whatever real world nonsense you’re trying to twist it into.

4 Likes

The debuff is also working as intended, it’s preventing the problem we use to have with Occulus/any instance players didn’t like for whatever reason.

At this point it would probably be best to just accept a bad decision was made when you tried to kick one of two people from the same guild.

3 Likes

Many people do not do that especially mobile because it disrupts the flow of the thread and is difficult to navigate, so I’m posting it for ease of reading, but thank you.