Deserter from being kicked by 4 man squad?

I was around and much more active during Wrath, and the dungeon experience back then was way better. This is probably due to the dungeons themselves just being better. But getting kicked shouldn’t get you the debuff, leaving should. If some jackass is in your group like you are describing, kick, block them, and move on.

rose tinted glasses then, majority of people experienced the issue with that dungeon forget the name. I want to say it was occ, the one where you used dragons a lot. people hated it but tanks was nortiously bad about sitting at the entrance until someone kicked them.

Best thing to do…dont talk…ever…just get the run done as quickly as possible and hope the next one is better.
:+1:

1 Like

It was added due to how tanks and healers would abuse the vote kick to get out of instances they didn’t want to run. They would just afk and force the group to kick them to get a replacement and as they would have instant queues, it became a problem.

2 Likes

it wont matter unless they are breaking the rules some other way.
Kicks are allowed for ANY reason…or no reason.
Bliz cant make this alone an actionable offense…imagine how many kick tickets might be filed in a week, lol…it just gets worse the second they say kickers can be actioned now.

dont talk.
Just get the run over with.
IF you cant deal with the clowns, leave after the first boss.
Unless its been changed, you wont get the deserter thing if you kill the first boss.

Thats getting changed. Might have already been implemented

3 Likes

So it’s only if you leave, not if you’re vote kicked?

Either way, someone getting vote kicked by a group of friends and then getting Deserter is a bigger issue than the one that was already addressed by Devs if that’s how the new change works.

Thats not new. That is the way it has been for 10+ years.

It’s such an unimportant and infrequent issue, that many people dont seem aware of it or have noticed it

The new change is getting deserter if you leave the group at all before the dungeon is over. I.e. drop the group after killing the 1st boss.

What’s more to this whole thing is that there is no punishment to people to grief dungeons. I just had a healer pull an entire room, wipe the group, blame me for it, and when i voted to kick him because they were not all on the same server and there’s no way to tell they’re all grouped together being jerks, I’m the one punished as the odd man out. Yet nothing will ever come to these people who are intentionally being terrible to the fifths in their groups.

If you were a better tank, would the group have lived?

I’ll be honest OP, if you dropped all that “I’m the boss” stuff on me I’d hit the kick button too if it came up.

You don’t pay my sub, so you don’t get to play my game.

I don’t have the patience to deal with attitude, and some manners go a long way.

3 Likes

If you don’t want to compromise with a group who may have a different agenda than you, and that agenda is not unreasonable within the scope of the content, then group up with people who have that same agenda. That way you won’t be outnumbered.

Whenever there’s an optional boss during world quests, many people simply asked if the group could do the boss. If the majority of the people were OK with it, but didn’t need to do it, they did it anyway. It’s courtesy. Now, I know, I know, courtesy isn’t the META when it comes to wasting your time the way you want to, but hear me out: other people exist in ways you probably have no clue about. And if you have any compassion for people other than yourself, then you should be courteous when reasonable.

Tanks are not gods, they have a role to sponge damage and make sure no one else is taking damage. That’s all. The group dynamics of where to go is a democratic agreement, with courteousness in mind, and not the sole behest of some masochistic bear. Don’t let the poundings you take go to your head.

Nah, you’re the problem. Single person joining a 4 man premade would probably have an awesome time because they’re likely not new players, know what they’re doing, and care about completion. Instead… you wanted to power trip.

Words for gamers to live by.

That is a really good way to put it.

Idk rule of thumb is the tank is the leader, thats always how it goes in mmorpgs. Unless that 4 man is new to mmos and is dense.

Not exactly, not always.

My most annoying deserter was getting kicked by the group after I got knocked into a trash pull, told the tank I got adds, and he pulled the boss anyway.

Also what happens if the healer gets vote-kicked, then there is no healer in queue to replace them and you are all forced to leave because the queue is dead. Do we then all get the debuff as well?

I would say with the current difficulty level of normal/heroic this is not really an issue, but adding something like this may cause issues in the future.

Sounds like working as intended.

If the group wants to run it slow, you run it slow. If the group wants to run it fast, you run it fast. If the group wants to turn left, you turn left. If the group wants to turn right, you turn right.

So many of these issues, seem to be a “When in Rome” problem. If you want to go to Rome and NOT do as the Romans do, well…