Derp moments in WoW

We have all had some derp moments in WoW before. Why don’t we have a little fun and look back on those times where we were all probably facepalming ourselves after we realized what we had done.

My last derp moment was when I was leveling my Void Elf Warlock in the Storm Peaks. I was in the middle of the zone doing quests and I go ahead and look on my map to see where I needed to head. I opened the map, and began to start running in the direction of the next quest. I closed the map to hop onto my mount only to realize that I am falling into that big hole in the middle of the zone.

Yeah… I felt real dumb after that one.

10 Likes

I remember looting a pet worth 500k and deleting it immediately.

Also this one time I kept harassing a fellow raider to buy his loot. I kept offering a higher price because I NEEDED that gear for my transmog collection. He finally agrees, I try it on… and oops, it’s not the mog I thought I wanted. I contemplated buying illegal gold after that one.

2 Likes

I logged in during WoD.

13 Likes

My first derp moment: Standing in line at the bank. /facepalm

30 Likes

Before looking at a guide, I could not have messed up my ret pally opener more than what I did.

1 Like

lol, I did that when I first started playing EverQuest.

5 Likes

Me jumping off of a cliff, trying to wild charge to a buddy, only to get “no path available” and going thud into the ground…

4 Likes

Like the OP, I had my map open, looking for the question mark to turn in the quest. This was in Vale of Eternal Blossoms, for a battle pet quest. Well both factions get the quest, but the only question mark on the map was for the Alliance shrine. I was flying blind with my map open. Oops. The worst part was that I did it again a couple weeks later.

2 Likes

I have died from fall damage on my DH. There is no excuse for that, but i WILL say it was a fall of like 8 feet and i didn’t think i’d take damage at all, i was just at very low health.

3 Likes

My first derp moment was searching for Dalaran. I remember making my way through Hillsbrad to get to the Western Plaguelands on this exact char. I was level 40 and I was getting really into the lore, and when I saw the crater I was like “What?!?! What is this!!??” And so I spent nearly a month not leveling and just looking for dalaran. I died a lot in higher level zones. I though Shattrath was Dalaran at one point.
To finally find it in Northrend was both a facepalm moment and a moment of happiness.

12 Likes

When I first started this game I thought when rogues went into stealth it was called shadowmeld… I had a NE warrior getting mad cause my “stealth” would break every time I moved, thought it was broken :rage: Wouldn’t it be cool tho stealth warrior!?!:crazy_face:

8 Likes

So many over the years but most recently, hop into a lfg heroic, tank starts going down, toss pw:s keep blasting mobs… Tanks not healing and getting low, panic and hit shadow mend and schism for big burst heal, tank dies… Realize after I still had auto self cast on from doing wqs as shadow

6 Likes

I have Derp moments every time I log in. :rainbow:

2 Likes

I’ll do you one better.

I played throughout WoD’s entire lifespan.

I basically did a lot of pvp and some raiding.

6 Likes

Healing a dungeon and wondering why my spells aren’t moving the tank’s health bar and then finally noticing I was clicked on myself. D’oh!

I wish I could claim I’ve only done that once… thank goodness for a guild with a sense of humor back then.

4 Likes

My derp moment was thinking low m+ keys are easier to steam roll than higher m+ keys. I didn’t take into account of the types of people applying for those keys.

3 Likes

During Cataclysm, my wife and I were leveling our first characters (my Warrior & her Arcane Mage) and her brother offered to run us through The Violet Hold to help us level up. He plays a Rogue and asked me to give him my Battle Shout before he starting fighting…

I typed /roar in the party chat…

:man_facepalming:

35 Likes

Well, I was swimming along exploring some underwater place, in swim form, when something jumped me. Switched to cat and beat it down no problem. For reasons I still don’t understand, I stayed in cat form, and drowned this druid…

19 Likes

I have blink bound to my extra mouse button on my mage and travel form bound to the same button on my druid. I was in a lfg heroic trying to blink out of the bad on my druid. So she was basically just shifting from N elf to cheetah 4 times while I died by staying in the bad. I promise I’m a better player than that. Lol

3 Likes

One of my first derp moments was jumping from a really high place… and being shocked I died because the game I came from had no falling damage. I think that set the precedent for my being killed by every elevator in game over and over.

:cookie:

4 Likes