Derp moments in WoW

My derp moment pre buying BFA.

3 Likes

To this day I still often drown myself because I forget I’m underwater and need to breathe. It always catches me off guard too! I see my health start plummeting, panic and can’t figure out why, then it hits me too late. :sweat_smile: I can hear the fish laughing at me every time.

4 Likes

That’s awesome, LOL

5 Likes

I didn’t realize until the artifact weapons lost their powers that I played the entire expansion (Legion) without ever adding my windwalker monk’s artifact ability to my bars.

I never once used it. The entire expansion.

Yep.

17 Likes

My favorite derp moment isn’t even mine. It’s a friend’s and I don’t think I can top it.

He played a shaman with leatherworking. He got to max level then went off to farm and farm and farm up a TON of leather. He purchased a bunch of patterns from the vendor (the patterns that cost leather to purchase) then crafted all the new gear for him to use. He equipped it all before realizing that he had purchased patters for and made and equipped LEATHER armor and not the mail armor he needed.

All that leather, and time farming said leather, wasted.

He logged out and wasn’t seen for a few days afterwards.

8 Likes

Yesterday I hearthed to my garrison while I was in my garrison.

17 Likes

Jumping off high places and spamming slow fall/levitate only to realize I had someone else targeted. Has happened more times than I’d like to admit.

10 Likes

My constant derp moment is when I fly into the other factions “inn” in Dalaran. Played mainly Horde for Legion so it’s just habit to go that way.

One time I did run to a FP and fly to town because my hearthstone was on cooldown…on my Mage.

4 Likes

Derp

I love that word. Derp. It just explodes out of the mouth like an over 9,000 epic crit to the gut!

Derp…

DerrrrrrP!

DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP!

love it

4 Likes

Back in BC when they introduced Flying mounts.

After purchasing my first flying mount, I must have died at least 3 times afterwards for summoning my ground mount and jumping off cliffs thinking for a few seconds I was on my flying mount …

3 Likes

I recently race changed from Tauren to HM Tauren. I do not like to admit how many times I’ve charged into another trash pack trying to warstomp the one my group was currently fighting.

My best moment ever was definitely back in WotLK; standing on the edge of that really stupidly tall mountain in Storm Peaks where you turn in some quest or another, mounting up, and jumping off. It was not a flying mount.

4 Likes

When I first started playing I didn’t know stamina increased health. I forgot exactly what I thought it did, however yeah. lol

“Trying” to gank a horde waiting on the Zandalari Warbringer’s in The Jade Forest on my hunter to get the mount.

I figured if he got the best of me I would disengage of the cliff and goblin glide away.

Didn’t have any left in my bag lol

3 Likes

I hadn’t been playing long. Had my map open but was still moving my toon (feral druid in cat form) around. Fell off a mountain in one zone, hit the ground and died in another zone.

2 Likes

think i was like 12 around wrath, but i vendored MULTIPLE icc item turn in things for gear.

(also fun story, super good melee trinket dropped that would transform you into different stuff on procs that gave crit, haste or whatever based off what you transformed into. someone before me rolled a 94, i rolled a 98 then the leader ninjad it and bailed. i didnt really know how to report people at the time being too young, but everyone else did in the group and i got one in the mail from blizz 2 days later.)

4 Likes

I keep falling from lethal heights thinking my divine shield is off cooldown.

7 Likes

I got killed by a pet parrot in the Dead Mines because I didn’t know you could just hit TAB to change targets and it was flying around me too fast for me to click on to target. I tried to run away from it and it pecked me to death.

5 Likes

I thought you left the forums?

Any time I jump from a high place and fail to Heroic Leap out of death because of “Pathing issues”…

4 Likes

Ny biggest derp moment was back when Druids had to learn swim form, I had just completed the quest jumped in to swim and drowned…I had forgot to cast swimform…:face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes