derek spoilers

10/28/2018 09:45 PMPosted by Kazala
It's my strong hope that this is Garona, and that "what I need to do" is what I want it to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-mkETTibco
There is a difference between intellectually knowing a thing, and an emotional, visceral response when confronted with derek’s pain and Resurrection

It's sort of like how you spend your whole life eating bacon, and then you intern at the local swine unit for a semester and learn how to castrate and de-tail the baby piggos, and then you never want to see pork again.

The Horde leadership rn is basically a bunch of college kids who just got taken on a scare-mongering field trip through Sylvanas-style corporate agriculture.
10/28/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Feldaran
There is a difference between intellectually knowing a thing, and an emotional, visceral response when confronted with derek’s pain and Resurrection

It's sort of like how you spend your whole life eating bacon, and then you intern at the local swine unit for a semester and learn how to castrate and de-tail the piggos, and then you never want to see pork again, even though you still think vegetarianism is intellectually silly.

Heh, yeah that would do it. There is a reason I never want to do anything agg related :P
Unfortunately, for those that hope for Forsaken-Humanity development(everyone that isn't DiF), I've got a feeling we're about to be reminded and very violently why Forsaken give very little assurance that they aren't just a knockoff brand of the Scourge pretty soon.

Or maybe Derek snaps out of it and joins Calia's club, maybe.

Or Zelling 'makes it right'.

10/28/2018 10:09 PMPosted by Grandblade
At some point, your favorite is due for a suck moment, because the pendulum has been swinging so hard in her favor for so long, the clock is basically totaled by now.
For Death, that would have to be Sylvanas suddenly has a normal moral compass, instead of using Arthas' broken one.
The Horde leadership is basically a bunch of college kids who just got taken on a scare-mothering field trip through Sylvanas corporate agriculture.
O...oh god... what are they... what are they... doi-- I THOUGHT STEAKS GREW IN PLASTIC SLEEEEEEEVES
10/28/2018 10:06 PMPosted by Deathisfinal
Random thought, this made me think of our vanilla bawls to get Sylvanas model changed from that hideous NE model. "I will slaughter anyone that stands in our way" <bounce bounce bounce>

WoW Classic will probably be bringing Night Elf Sylvanas back for more bouncing fun.
10/28/2018 10:15 PMPosted by Kazala
The Horde leadership is basically a bunch of college kids who just got taken on a scare-mothering field trip through Sylvanas corporate agriculture.
O...oh god... what are they... what are they... doi-- I THOUGHT STEAKS GREW IN PLASTIC SLEEEEEEEVES

THIS MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD.......DAMN YOU KAZALA and FELDARAN!!!! :-P
10/28/2018 10:07 PMPosted by Jerolan
10/28/2018 09:34 PMPosted by Amadis
I think we've all just gotten used to everyone suddenly acting really dumb so Sylvanas can succeed in whatever she wants.
Katherine: "Why on earth would we suddenly welcome even my own son back with open arms when fighting someone that utilizes necromancy? He's very clearly an assas--"
Steve Danuser stands in the corner glaring pointedly.
Katherine: "E-Err... I mean of course! Derek! My sweet boy! Come, talk with me in my private knife collection room with no guards around!"

I really hope not. I need her for my collection of badass old ladies. Grandma Wahl, Granny Marl, and now Katherine "I'mma pistolwhip some ghosts" Proudmoore.
10/28/2018 10:22 PMPosted by Galenorn
I really hope not. I need her for my collection of badass old ladies. Grandma Wahl, Granny Marl, and now Katherine "I'mma pistolwhip some ghosts" Proudmoore.
Not only that, but it would be a refreshing breath of fresh air to see a parent/child relationship that didn't end in one of them dying. Varian and Anduin, Baine and Cairne, Liam and Genn, and the latest being Talanji and Rastakhan. Eventually, it becomes like a broken record. Katherine should live.
10/28/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Grandblade
it would be a refreshing breath of fresh air to see a parent/child relationship that didn't end in one of them dying
(bad news grandblade, that's how all parent/child relationships end...)
Yay for more Horde infighting!
10/28/2018 10:29 PMPosted by Kazala
10/28/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Grandblade
it would be a refreshing breath of fresh air to see a parent/child relationship that didn't end in one of them dying
(bad news grandblade, that's how all parent/child relationships end...)
So we're having sarcasm for Halloween then, is that how it is?
10/28/2018 10:31 PMPosted by Grandblade
<3
10/28/2018 10:31 PMPosted by Grandblade
10/28/2018 10:29 PMPosted by Kazala
...(bad news grandblade, that's how all parent/child relationships end...)
All cool characters have dead parents. It makes them completely relatable.
10/28/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Kazala
10/28/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Withpuppys
and what the found out is something hiding in the shadows may have blinded vol'jin to that felguard so that he will be mortally injured, and easily manipulated into making sylvanas warchief. and then some noble force of valor brought his spirit back and now he is no mere spirit
Yes, that quest-line. We'd already seen it quite some time ago in data mining, but we didn't know the order of events.

Unfortunately, if they plan on taking any concrete action following those revelations, they're super vague about it and it won't be happening in this patch cycle. Their statements at the conclusion are somewhere along the lines of, "welp, let's go home and try to help her be more honorable!", which is somewhere between moderately and severely nauseating.

The conclusion is more like they're going to wait until they hear back from Vol'jin about who or what wants Sylvanas in charge and for what reason.

When Vol'jin leaves, Talanji's basically saying "until he comes back let's make sure she isn't mustache twirling evil."
10/28/2018 10:50 PMPosted by Tewdee
When Vol'jin leaves, Talanji's basically saying "until he comes back let's make sure she isn't mustache twirling evil."
BUT LIKE IT'S ALREADY SUPER TOO LATE FOR THAT, YOU KNOW?!
10/28/2018 11:02 PMPosted by Kazala

Given that Talanji mostly interacts with Baine+honor horde, she probably doesn’t realize that (at least that is probably what the writers are trying to convey).
"She's already blasted eight orphans in the face with a shotgun, but let's try really hard to keep her from going too far with it."

Stop it from getting worse. The mustache can only twirl so far.
10/28/2018 11:09 PMPosted by Tewdee
...BUT LIKE IT'S ALREADY SUPER TOO LATE FOR THAT, YOU KNOW?!

Stop it from getting worse. The mustache can only twirl so far.

Talanji:”You can not twirl your mustache of villainy any further Warchief!”

Sylvanas:”Can’t I?”