derek spoilers

10/28/2018 09:34 PMPosted by Deathisfinal
I'm hoping its my boy Cromush.

The other possibilities are Garona and Etrigg

All good possibilities. Thanks!
10/28/2018 09:18 PMPosted by Reignac
Just as an aside as long as we're on the topic, that questline also has Gadrin and Ebonhorn saying "I'm nowhere near as awesome and strong as Talanji is, she's so much better at this spirit calling than me." She's better at it than the 10,000 year old dragon who's been presumably spiritwalking for all that time.
Don't forget, she's better at it than Bwonsomdi too. In the 8.0 part of the questline, Bwonsomdi is throwing a fit because he can't find Vol'jin's spirit, and Talanji just walks out to her yacht and conjures him right up.

It reminds me a lot of the Twilight of the Aspects novel, where Thrall has to teach Alexstrasza and Nozdormu poignant lessons about life and time respectively to shake them out of their funk so they can fight Chromatus together.

It's the Christie Golden special over here. She does the same thing with Anduin.

"This changes nothing for me... or for what I need to do."
It's my strong hope that this is Garona, and that "what I need to do" is what I want it to be.
I fricken hate Blizzard right now and I only keep playing the game to focus on raiding with my guild. When I'm online, I pretend the story isn't happening.
10/28/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Carmageddon
I fricken hate Blizzard right now and I only keep playing the game to focus on raiding with my guild. When I'm online, I pretend the story isn't happening.

I do this too, and then our Heroic Zul the other night turned into a complete disaster, so now I'm just screwed on all fronts until next week. e_e
10/28/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Kurogasa
It's also disappointing that there's no one questioning the validity of the Derek plan. It would be nice if at least one person would question why the Proudmoores would ever let Derek get anywhere near them, since they know that the only reason he's returned is because of Sylvanas. She even taunted them with his body in the war campaign, so there's no chance anyone would think that he just happened to come back on his own or something (maybe the Drustvar witches did something to him).

Nothing has been presented that paints Derek as having any unique abilities or powers. The plan, as far as we know, hinges on him somehow getting close enough to Jaina / Katherine to kill them (instead of an actual assassin like Lilian or Garona). It's just a uniquely awful plan - making him into a coffee table and refusing to use a coaster on it is somehow a better use of him.

Well, speaking of Garona, she did successfully assassinate King Llane the same way....
10/28/2018 09:34 PMPosted by Grandblade
10/28/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Saiphas

Grandblade, your current TMog is positively Gilnean, are you sure Darethy isnt going to hunt you on sight? :-P
Sh!t, I forgot to mog back after the party.
My fist pump sensors are going haywire.
How to Deathisfinal:
Hear Lore
1. Does it help Sylvanas?
If yes > fist pump, continue to next
If not > bawl until Steve Danuser fixes it

2. Are other members of the Horde upset about it, and/or actively detracted by it?
If yes > don't care, fist pump
If no > fist pump
I'm hoping its my boy Cromush.
Your boy Cromush is a Forsaken wearing an orc skin suit, who got his áss kicked by a 5-man instance boss, even when he had a whole platoon behind him. He is the least "gangsta" orc to ever disgrace the Horde.

I lawl'ed!!

No one is fist pumping when their favorites are sucking. Our favorites win some they lose some, ya know pendulum swinging in all.

If not > bawl until Steve Danuser fixes it

Random thought, this made me think of our vanilla bawls to get Sylvanas model changed from that hideous NE model. "I will slaughter anyone that stands in our way" <bounce bounce bounce>
10/28/2018 09:34 PMPosted by Amadis
I think we've all just gotten used to everyone suddenly acting really dumb so Sylvanas can succeed in whatever she wants.
Katherine: "Why on earth would we suddenly welcome even my own son back with open arms when fighting someone that utilizes necromancy? He's very clearly an assas--"
Steve Danuser stands in the corner glaring pointedly.
Katherine: "E-Err... I mean of course! Derek! My sweet boy! Come, talk with me in my private knife collection room with no guards around!"
10/28/2018 10:06 PMPosted by Deathisfinal
No one is fist pumping when their favorites are sucking. Our favorites win some they lose some, ya know pendulum swinging in all.
At some point, your favorite is due for a suck moment, because the pendulum has been swinging so hard in her favor for so long, the clock is basically totaled by now. Fist pump moments for Sylvanas come at the gratuitous expense of many others.
10/28/2018 09:45 PMPosted by Kazala
It's my strong hope that this is Garona, and that "what I need to do" is what I want it to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-mkETTibco
There is a difference between intellectually knowing a thing, and an emotional, visceral response when confronted with derek’s pain and Resurrection

It's sort of like how you spend your whole life eating bacon, and then you intern at the local swine unit for a semester and learn how to castrate and de-tail the baby piggos, and then you never want to see pork again.

The Horde leadership rn is basically a bunch of college kids who just got taken on a scare-mongering field trip through Sylvanas-style corporate agriculture.
10/28/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Feldaran
There is a difference between intellectually knowing a thing, and an emotional, visceral response when confronted with derek’s pain and Resurrection

It's sort of like how you spend your whole life eating bacon, and then you intern at the local swine unit for a semester and learn how to castrate and de-tail the piggos, and then you never want to see pork again, even though you still think vegetarianism is intellectually silly.

Heh, yeah that would do it. There is a reason I never want to do anything agg related :P
Unfortunately, for those that hope for Forsaken-Humanity development(everyone that isn't DiF), I've got a feeling we're about to be reminded and very violently why Forsaken give very little assurance that they aren't just a knockoff brand of the Scourge pretty soon.

Or maybe Derek snaps out of it and joins Calia's club, maybe.

Or Zelling 'makes it right'.

10/28/2018 10:09 PMPosted by Grandblade
At some point, your favorite is due for a suck moment, because the pendulum has been swinging so hard in her favor for so long, the clock is basically totaled by now.
For Death, that would have to be Sylvanas suddenly has a normal moral compass, instead of using Arthas' broken one.
The Horde leadership is basically a bunch of college kids who just got taken on a scare-mothering field trip through Sylvanas corporate agriculture.
O...oh god... what are they... what are they... doi-- I THOUGHT STEAKS GREW IN PLASTIC SLEEEEEEEVES
10/28/2018 10:06 PMPosted by Deathisfinal
Random thought, this made me think of our vanilla bawls to get Sylvanas model changed from that hideous NE model. "I will slaughter anyone that stands in our way" <bounce bounce bounce>

WoW Classic will probably be bringing Night Elf Sylvanas back for more bouncing fun.
10/28/2018 10:15 PMPosted by Kazala
The Horde leadership is basically a bunch of college kids who just got taken on a scare-mothering field trip through Sylvanas corporate agriculture.
O...oh god... what are they... what are they... doi-- I THOUGHT STEAKS GREW IN PLASTIC SLEEEEEEEVES

THIS MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD.......DAMN YOU KAZALA and FELDARAN!!!! :-P
10/28/2018 10:07 PMPosted by Jerolan
10/28/2018 09:34 PMPosted by Amadis
I think we've all just gotten used to everyone suddenly acting really dumb so Sylvanas can succeed in whatever she wants.
Katherine: "Why on earth would we suddenly welcome even my own son back with open arms when fighting someone that utilizes necromancy? He's very clearly an assas--"
Steve Danuser stands in the corner glaring pointedly.
Katherine: "E-Err... I mean of course! Derek! My sweet boy! Come, talk with me in my private knife collection room with no guards around!"

I really hope not. I need her for my collection of badass old ladies. Grandma Wahl, Granny Marl, and now Katherine "I'mma pistolwhip some ghosts" Proudmoore.
10/28/2018 10:22 PMPosted by Galenorn
I really hope not. I need her for my collection of badass old ladies. Grandma Wahl, Granny Marl, and now Katherine "I'mma pistolwhip some ghosts" Proudmoore.
Not only that, but it would be a refreshing breath of fresh air to see a parent/child relationship that didn't end in one of them dying. Varian and Anduin, Baine and Cairne, Liam and Genn, and the latest being Talanji and Rastakhan. Eventually, it becomes like a broken record. Katherine should live.
10/28/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Grandblade
it would be a refreshing breath of fresh air to see a parent/child relationship that didn't end in one of them dying
(bad news grandblade, that's how all parent/child relationships end...)
Yay for more Horde infighting!
10/28/2018 10:29 PMPosted by Kazala
10/28/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Grandblade
it would be a refreshing breath of fresh air to see a parent/child relationship that didn't end in one of them dying
(bad news grandblade, that's how all parent/child relationships end...)
So we're having sarcasm for Halloween then, is that how it is?