Demon Summoning

You do realize it’s not entirely “private servers” that made Blizzard to decide to do this right?

1. This gives Blizzard even more legal weight to shut down private servers. “Why do you need private servers? We have an official server set that plays the same version of the game, it’s even been updated to run better.”
  2. Blizzard saw a potential market and saw $.$

Also, I didn’t say private servers were bad. I didn’t say private server players were bad. By “private server nonsense” I meant things that private servers got wrong and everyone on private servers just assumes is correct. I.E. This demon summing thing.

1 Like

yes, that is hitting the nail on the head - to the average person, they may think all private servers are the same and see a bug on one being present on all

sure they are all based off of the same original stock mangos core - but each one out there is very different depending on how dedicated their devs are and their player base to help write up and fix the bugs

OH, good call, it’s a troll thread!

Curiosity is my worst bad habit:

4 Likes

Most likely a test spell like “SPELLCRIT” or something like that.

Plainsrunning. :grin:

2 Likes

people in Russia or Eastern Europe don’t care about lawsuits against them by Blizzard because they’re unenforceable

and yes, the only reason we’re here is due to private servers

5 Likes

Right. If it was as simple as shutting down Nost, then they’d all be down already?

Can’t wait for classes to be really authentic and have Pserver players go crazy about why there specs aren’t performing aswell as they had caculated :rofl:

exactly - you can only file a copyright lawsuit where the law can actually be enforced

I am actually waiting to see mage tears when they have to come to terms with the realization that elys and lh aoe farming will not be in classic. Mage damage is over scaled on those servers.

Theft of intellectual property and such is pretty much recognized and enforceable anywhere except China. And even they’re coming around. It comes down to Blizz spending money and time.

Cheaper for them to make their own and entice players back with "authentic " servers.

1 Like

A slight nerf to damage wouldn’t stop aoe farming. Nor is aoe farming a big deal for a server’s economy.

I’ve played mage there and I’m just as curious…

go type “warcraft private server” into google…

This in no way changes using sacrifice, fel domination, summoning a second voidwalker, and then potentially sacrificing again.

A slight nerf would due to mana use would. I should have mentioned my post was directed to people leveling with aoe farming. Every mage does it post 30 in various spots because it’s so fast.

Why? I don’t care. You’re saying it’s not enforceable. You’re mistaken. I never said they don’t exist.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

You guys abuse your demons so much. I’m surprised you still have any at the end of the day.

1 Like