Demon Summoning

This really should be rather uncontroversial. Players have faulty memories from 13 years ago because they are human.

Private servers don’t have everything correct because they don’t have access to all of Blizzard’s code.

This doesn’t mean players or private servers are terrible. It just means they are sometimes wrong.

Classic will likely have things wrong, too. Blizzard just has a leg up when checking up on it.

13 Likes

Yeah but I’m curious now to see how wrong these servers are.

Are we going to have such an authentic version of classic, private server players will feel it’s too off from private servers and claim it as fake?

4 Likes

#FakeNews!!!

So about that release date…

6 Likes

if players complain about it not being like Pservers… i think my head will pop. :exploding_head:

15 Likes

Fairly likely. Some private server players are so entrenched in what is on private servers is correct, that if Classic doesn’t end up being 100% like private servers, they will say it’s not correct and accuse blizzard of changing things just to spite them/appease the casuals

5 Likes

We’ll have that and the flip side as well, when blizzard makes an actual mistake and people try to correct it…it will be passed off as pserver players basing things on pservers.

2 Likes

This is why we need a beta.

We can find Blizzard’s mistakes easier then we can root out private server nonsense.

5 Likes

Someone needs to post a Principle Skinner meme where he says the children are wrong.

1 Like

I have the Blue Post Summoning Disorientation debuff.

Wish I news the cooldown…

i’m here for the private server bashing circle jerk

2 Likes

you do realize that the only reason we are even here today is because of “private server nonsense”?

11 Likes

Funny thing is I suspect this thread was originally created in GD and then hastily moved into here.

2 Likes

Awesome! I hope you guys are transparent like this for hundreds, if not thousands of other mechanics. I appreciate the fine attention to detail.

It’s already happened. For several months a number of posters tried to defend the incorrect high spell crit in the Classic demo as being authentic, and the pserver spell crit behavior as being wrong. Then a Blue finally confirmed here that yes it was wrong in the demo.

2 Likes

I think what people are getting at is that there have been lots of private servers where some things work on one and not the other.

I know for paladins I’ve seen a few of Drakova’s videos and he states that on some of the servers he played on his spells worked on way and a different way on another.

People who don’t put as much time theorycrafting like you and drakova may take those bugs as fact. You go back and check with thottbot and old forum posts for your research. I doubt many are that committed.

1 Like

curiosity, which spell is the spell ID 00001? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

5 Likes

This is 100% the communication that people want. Do not listen to rats and nerds saying otherwise. Thank you so much for bringing a indepth response directly to the forums. Hopefully more posts like this will come.

25 Likes

It’s so awesome to see a technical no-nonsense answer here finally. Please, more of this.

12 Likes

It gives me the ability to tame gnomes. Don’t tell anyone.

4 Likes