Demon Hunters are too strong

Hey, my name is Fumi and I main demon hunter for a couple of years now. I love this class, it’s my lifeblood, but I have many concerns going into df!

Right now, DH has Aoe stun, aoe silence, single stuns, imprison, big d dmg, aoe fear, uncapped damage. To me, none of this seems fair.

Don’t get me wrong, I love when Dh is super duper op, but I have lots of concerns that DH doesn’t take much skill to play right now. I’m worried that if it stays like this, were going to get nerfed for being such a strong class while not having much skill.

Also think about all the utility we can bring. Rogue? Monk? Nothing can compare to how much we bring right now!

14 Likes

We don’t have AoE Silence anymore, we sacrifice DPS to take Fel Eruption, Imprison and Chaos Nova puts us on par for the baseline Shaman/Warlock toolkit and we have to sacrifice a lot of DPS traits in the Class Tree to take Sigil of Misery. We’re still capped to 5 targets on a lot of our AoE so I don’t know what “uncapped damage” refers to.

Doesn’t sound to me like you’ve been playing the class…

43 Likes

its not sunday yet, get back in the sewers op

9 Likes

In pvp, I agree we are too strong in prepatch. We’ll have to see what its like at max level

edit: but the talent choices are fine

yea, I agree some of the talents are really fine. Just the tuning needs to be brought down a little bit. Right now, we’re so strong it doesn’t take much skill!

This is pre patch btw, only thing that matters is how scaling is on beta atm

3 Likes

Demon Hunter isn’t strong enough, we need Fel Bombardment buff :pray:t3:

11 Likes

You are not prepared (for dat nerf)
Though i do hope everyone will end up happy with the mains the pick

4 Likes

I have mained Demon Hunter since Ny’alotha and I have to say I really agree. We should be asking for DH nerfs. If I am able to use my feet and do the same damage as my friend who is playing high quality fury warrior (he is a good guy though) then there is a fondamentle problem with the class.

2 Likes

your poor keyboard

2 Likes

In the Beta or in Pre-patch?

This is on both. It’s insane what this class Is doing right now. I just want to make sure blizzard doesn’t nerf us for being too unskillful because I love playing this class.

I love being able to glide with my wings high above Orgrimmar as if I’m an eagle just watching the other classes down on the ground. Sometimes I whisper people that I can see them, just for them to look all around not realizing I’m way above them! I am a demon hunter at heart, that’s why I’m petrified of what blizzard is going to do to us if things continue like this…

So one minute Dh have too much utility, until proved otherwise. Now it does to much dps for the skill involved? So does that mean Bear tank should be the worst tank.

Post wasn’t on DH so I doubt its your lifeblood. Doesn’t understand what a rogue can bring as utility, and WW hasn’t been weak for a long time.

I love the class so much I glide over Org whispering people. You are the last person I would reply on to call for nerfs. Here’s an idea, lets actually get to level 70 then start nerfing classes.

12 Likes

Both! The class needs major attention from Blizzard!

In all seriousness, after this week gone by I don’t see havoc DHs doing anything special except the ones who have been following changes. Just because the skillcap is high doesn’t mean every DH is going to perform at that level, the vast majority are most certainly not. And even for the ones who are? You’re talking about only two real builds: the AMN build that will do big AoE (and requires gearing mastery, which nobody was doing in s4) pr the SB/Eyebeam builds that are good for s/t. Problem is though, they both struggle in the inverse role, so instead of being junk DPS outside boss damage, we can be junk on boss. Damn! So OP! Nerf INSTANTLY! Blizzard; WAKE UP?!

Oh and I guess there’s Fel Bombardment and Chaotic Imprint in PVP, but Fel Bombardment takes too long to stack outside AoE and Chaotic Imprint, well, maybe that’s the one outstanding issue. So is all this hysteria just for Chaotic Imprint?

I mean, otherwise we’re only slightly ahead of the melee pack and even then we’re not going to do what a capable ret/outlaw/ww/enh can do. This thread just sounds like OP is suddenly scared that Havoc isn’t bottom of the heap anymore.

6 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen.

3 Likes

I also want pics.

2 Likes

With your toes! Impressive!

You obviously aren’t playing DH on beta or at a high level. DH throughput is decent but not amazing, they bring less utility than Windwalker or Outlaw, and are constantly fel rushing around due to momentum greatly increasing their mortality rate.

1 Like

Lvl 20 since bfa???