Delves Tuning, Sept 12th

Delves really suck now.

Chipping away at bullet sponge enemies that are spam casting high damage attacks isn’t interesting. It’s abrasive and boring.

Brann has been neutered so badly, his dps spec isn’t even viable anymore. You “might as well” set him to healer so he occasionally does something.

They take way, way too long to complete because of all the bullet sponges. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth once the run is finally over.

Facetanking bosses as a mage has got to be the crappiest gameplay I’ve experienced in all my years of WoW.

Bugged Brann made delves fun. He held aggro, and he made a noticable contribution. By accident, you created a better player experience than we have now, where you’ve “fixed” it. I hope that humbles you as developers.

4 Likes

You could have the same experience now duoing with a tank. Someone to take the hits so you can blast away.

Then whats hte point of brann other than some meager heals and some random dps?

Lots of haters on Delves. They must have been pwned by its bosses/mobs.

I struggled too. In fact, I was destroyed in Mycomancer’s Cavern Tier 8 by Bogpiper few hours ago. I felt so bad as I did everything I can to beat its mechanics and I failed.

After failing, I went to Waterworks Tier 8 and when I faced Waxface, I got pwned on several tries until on my last Life. It was not working. Then I tried something new. Sorry I wont tell but it made the fight way easier for me. And finally Waxface went down. And it dropped the Curio upgrade I need.

With the new setup, I went back to Mycomancer’s Cavern. Before, I was struggling like 1 heavy mob at a time or 3 small mobs at a time. With my new setup, I accidentally got aggro from 3 sets of group, well, I have to use my super AoE nuke and one by one mobs went down. That was 3 groups. So on next pull, I started doing 2 groups per pull and I was doing fine. Yeah, lots of stuff to dodge, interrupt here, stun there, mass stuns, I was pwning those groups. It was all on the new setup. Then I face Bogpiper again. Wow, it was smooth. Of course, I used all my defensives, all my nuke cd’s and Bogpiper went down. I completed the whole thing without death. It was all from the new setup.

Pls tweak Brann. Changing him made my game easier.

I am telling you. Mycomancer’s Cavern is now my new favorite Delve. I am just having a snack break. I am coming back to play more Delves.

If only the upgraded 4/4 curio drops were even remotely consistent, 18x+8s and only 2 4/4 curios.

As if Delves needed yet another thing that could make them feel even worse.

Warlocks usually use the void walker pet in Delves to fill the tank slot. So interrupt is possible only though Fear, which has a cast time and works only on mobs which are not CC immune. But there is no true interrupt.

Blizzard only cares about tuning the entire game for the very minority of the eSports people, ie: the top tier RWF and M+ AOTC and CE players. The rest of us get screwed because we can’t keep up.

Doesn’t Demo still use the Felguard all the time? I played a lot of Demo in DF and I used mine as a Tank. It still has Taunt right?

1 Like

They do but they don’t have taunt just threat regen.

What is “not fun” or “awful” about them exactly?

So, you tried something new, and it worked and for those who are struggling (and from reading this thread, there are quite a few) you are not going to disclose what you did?

Sounds like you did something against TOS I am going to assume.

I have every one at 4/4 except for the blood one which I don’t know if it even exists lol. Not sure why it seems to be inconsistent on drops for others. I got all upgraded in less than 15 tier 8s. Maybe another unintended bug for others.

Blood dropped off my first zekvir kill.

Ran Myco Delve this morning on my Druid. My Brann was at lvl 37 and a half. NO EXP at all. He was getting it fine from my DK and Hunter, but none today at all. and why stop it at 37 and a half or third?

No taunt, but constant threat generation.

It’s called paying attention closely to game mechanics.

Who would know that from your post. You said “Then I tried something new. Sorry I wont tell” like you did something you should not have.

Why didn’t you just come out and say it?

Becoz it’s secret. I almost failed. And I saw a solution… just proper setup. People has to play and find it out. Nope, it’s not on the internet. Maybe after few weeks and you still cant beat Tier8, I might reveal it.

Mkay.

I really don’t do Delves. I did them only as a required quest, but I’m sure we’re all waiting in a few weeks for you to reveal your answer.

I’ve done it on my Presvoker and my Augvoker. Both were a bit of a slog, but it’s all about situational awareness and movement. Seriously, there’s no “secret remedy” to getting it done and surviving it.