Delves incentivize group play

Once lfd came into the game people have been antisocial. It’ll be worse now cuz you can troll people with deserter. Which is why I’m doing delves instead of heroics to fill vault. I did my lfr already today.

1 Like

That’s a fair point, but again, Ill say that it doesn’t matter to me. I’m not doing delves in a group and have no plans to ever do them in a group. I never did one torghast run in a group. The option is there for me to get hero track, tier set gear. Once I have my 4 set and an ilvl high enough to finish tier 11, i’m done until next season. hell I may even skip tier 11, the game mode isn’t really that fun anyway.

What the reset of the player base is doing in delves is irrelevant to my goals.

Sure it is. People are going to play in the way that is most efficient. That’s why you don’t add a 40 man raid option to mythic+. The content would be trivialized, and this forum would be on fire. Just as you shouldn’t add a five-man party option to solo content. The content is trivialized.

Now, if they reworked scaling to where it took the same amount of time on average for a five-man party to complete the content as it did a soloist, we would be in a manageable spot. Not ideal --since it would still be easier with class synergies by far, thus you could pretty much AFK your way through it – but it would at least be a managable spot.

Just repeating that this is incorrect isn’t an argument.

1 Like

Soloing a delve that gives gear equivalent to normal raid with a heroic raid equivalent vault is doable and solo content. Compared to doing a follower dungeon for normal dungeon gear, the effort increases along with the reward.

The Meta doesn’t matter with solo content, what are you going to do, kick yourself from your own group?

Again it doesn’t matter if it’s more efficient. It was designed with solo play in mind. You are fixating on the fact that groups are allowed inside and deeming it not solo content.

Your entire argument before about being able to solo group dungeons doesn’t work either because dungeons were designed with groups in mind and your argument relies on severely outgearing the content to do it.

Listen to your own advice.

I’ve done a bunch solo as well, honestly, I don’t understand the issue. They are pretty easy.

With that said, however, it is an mmo. Personally I don’t think there should be a solo path to max or even heroic gear.

Baldur’s Gate might be the game you are looking for.

Lol, you are saying the same thing every post, ffs… how many times have you brought up your ridiculous 40 man raid in a mythic argument?

1 Like

In the first place, the premise that claims delves was designed and touted as the solo content is a very flawed and unsupported one.

Delves was always advertised as a flexible group size gamemode that scaled(albeit a bit unevenly) based on your group size from 1-5. Not a solo-centric gamemode.

I was gonna say, I stood in the initial beam and got globaled :joy:

I was like “Oh…. Well that’s not the way to stop that”

Because, the purpose of grouping in a video game is generally to make harder content easier. If people can’t handle the challenge on their own their free to try to do it in a group to bypass the challenge a little. Furthermore it’s incredibly difficult to balance in this manner. I’d rather have an operational solo content that may have small benefits to grouping to having no solo content at all. Given it’s blizzard and they like easy answers, if forced to balance something that difficult to balance the alternative would likely be us not having it.

Either way, groups having an easier time is fine. If they can’t swing it the real way that is fine. Plus most of the good rewards come from doing it solo anyways.

Alright, then you should have no argument against adding a 40-man raid option to m+. Which is silly.

1 Like

Thats not it. As a new player you complete the campaign for the expansion you start in and then the logical thing that you do is cue for heroics, and then M0, and then M+ to progress iLvl but there is an issue with this progression. Everyone does Dungeons from normal to M0 incredibly fast to the point where a new player will not learn mechanics for any of the fights AND once they do queue up for the content where they will their iLvl will be low.

This breeds toxicity because 1. people are running keys expecting everyone to know what they are doing and 2. A new player does not understand the mechanics because they’ve never seen them. These statements are also true for people who are trying out group content for the first time.

So, I think to address this, Blizzard created a new intermediary mode where you can progress solo and ease that transition (by learning the mechanics in delves AND gearing). Case in point, many of the mobs are the same mobs you’ll see in M+ and the bosses have mechanics that M+ bosses will have.

I, as a player who has progressed and finished heroic raids and can do T8 delves solo but also failed them (meaning ran out of lives). A new player trying to progress through them is going to get wrecked. They will inevitably have to group, that group will be full of people trying to min/max the delves and speed run and the player will not benefit from what they are intended to teach them. It is not incentivizing what it is clearly designed to. That is my point.

1 Like

Nope. I think people that struggle to play the most basic rotation in the game at a heroic level dont have any basic game understanding.

Warcraft logs says that the amount of people uploading logs is higher than when Wrath was live.

Delves are an expansion feature.

There isnt any gatekeeping in this game. Stop using a buzz word incorrectly.

Delves arent designed to be easy ways to gear. Thats what world content and heroic dungeons are for. Delves are meant to be somewhat challenging.

Its not my fault people dont understand what delves are for or what to do in game to play the game. Everyone has the same pathways

I’m not really sure why I would stop repeating an argument that can’t be debunked. I’m still waiting for you to do it. Just characterizing it as a false equivalency or just saying it’s wrong is not an argument.

Either it doesn’t matter how other people gear up and we’re not in competition or it does matter.

1 Like

Hey! Quick question cause you seem like you would know. I plan on doing 5-8 with a couple of friends. What the loot like for those or is it all listed on the vendors next to Brann?

You are literally spewing cope. That argument doesn’t work because dungeons were never designed with 40 mans in mind. They have always been 5 mans. Raids are not M+.

Nothing is forcing you to gear up through delves. If you cant do delves solo then its a skill issue considering youre playing one of the better classes for it

1 Like

Hes from the old gods what did you expect?

I have never ever seen someone from that guild that actually has any basic understanding of the game.

1 Like

Gear progression is the end game.

1 Like

OK its actually not. Gear progression is a tool

Can you actually make a point?

1 Like