Delves incentivize group play

:stuck_out_tongue: :newspaper_roll:

Hey it’s butter lovers! And I will share!

1 Like

I’ve done up to 8s easily solo with 560-570 ilvl gear. It’s not really what I’d consider needing to be more hardcore for. You just have to avoid/cc/interrupt the bad damage abilities of which there is usually one repeated one throughout each delve. Having a general capability with your class/spec should more than suffice to get you through.

1 Like

That’s one of the main reasons for these forums, they even said before Dragonflight’s expansion release when Preach interviewed them at their headquarters in Irvine where they stated they use a chain of command that consists of forum employees which “supposedly” read these posts to pick and choose what to tell the Dev team to fix.

1 Like

It’s wild that so many people are complaining about the difficulty of tier 8/11 delves 2 days into the season when they are not geared in appropriate ilvl gear and their delve companion likely isn’t even halfway leveled to max.
The point of delves was not to give heroic raid loot immediately at the start of the season for killing a couple over world mobs. I think if people actually put the difficulty into perspective by comparing it to similarly rewarding content (T8+ delves → heroic raid → whatever m+ level) they would realize they are in fact still probably easier, or at least more laid back. If you are having trouble with T8 delves and think they are too hard, ask yourself if you would rather be doing a heroic raid whether it be for ease or efficiency. Then the wonderful part of these features is, if you answered yes you would rather do a heroic raid, go do that or whatever else you’d like/find easiest/most efficient.

High tier delves honestly feel more like classic wow elite quests. You may have to buff up, cast some CCs, save up your cooldowns between pulls. It’s not rocket science and it’s also not mandatory. If you don’t want to take it slow, try another feature.

Whats even more wild is the 2 people struggling and failing a +8 can team up and obliterate a +9. You’d think extra person a spike in difficulty, not cutting the difficulty in half.
It was easy in a grp, Blizzard nerfed it to make it even easier all the while leaving solo alone. Now that’s wild…

3 Likes

It absolutely is impossible. You are never going to balance within any kind of reason a dungeon that is both appropriately difficult in a scaling fashion for solo players as well as a group of any kind, let alone a trinity group. Ever. No dev group on the planet could pull it off.

The absolute closest you could get would be to effectively have two entirely different sets of delves with shared themes. You still wouldn’t have anything resembling parity, however, and at that point you’re aggressively wasting time that could be put to far more productive use making delves the best they can be for solo players and working on actual group content for groups.

It takes a massive narcissist to think that their 2-3 person group should be catered to at the direct expense of everyone else.

Except I literally told you hiw they can do it.

Even Torghast was a little more difficult as a group. As were Visions.

• scale it up in damage and HP
  • add more stuff to dodge and get out of
  • make the candles and totems last shorter times
  • bosses with more mechanics

This isn’t rocket science.

… it’s scaling dude. What are you frothing at the mouth over? The more people, the more that stuff goes up. Solo isn’t touched.

Maybe calm down. Geebus.

1 Like

I said this would be the case when delves were announced. I knew there was no way they would ever give gear to anyone but their favoured players: Those who are very skilled and make friends easily.

If suddenly the unfriendable got gear, it would upset their “haha git gud loser” people.

So I did a t7 delve solo, last night. I lost two live. How, you may be asking? I have no clue. I went from full helath, with three mmobs, one of them being those BS shadow wraiths, and instantly died to something. Didn’t notice any caast bar or a pool on the ground. the other two mobs were just normal human mobs. Both deaths were instant. THe econd time was from the boss. They cast something that pust purple swirls on theground that then explode. of course their placement was random and I jus so happened to move out of oneand right into another. It went pop, and so did my character. Instant death from full health.

I am THREE ilvls below the recommended. THREE!!! I still did it, but actually avoided mobs when I had the chance to. Counter productive to something that hits things to kill them.

A recent post on wowhead shows that, according to a tester, “Delves enemies actually have less health and deal less damage with 2 players, then doing it solo.”

So yes, at this time it appears they do indeed incentivize - and in fact almost require - players to group, at least with one other person - to make the Delves less punishing than doing it alone.

This, frankly, annoys the pink hair off my attractive head. :angry:

4 Likes

You are certainly a cute Gnome!

(And I think the two person thing is crap, too.)

1 Like

People like to throw the word “toxic” around quite a bit. The only toxicity I see is how people on these forums act towards raiders/M+ enjoyers. The only time I see toxicity in keys is when I play an alt and I join low level keys.

I rarely see anyone in game be toxic during raid or m+. I mostly pug M+.

Be nice.

It isn’t.

WoW has been the most prolific MMO in history because it’s always followed a fairly basic formula.

I’m glad that delves are something I can do with my friends. I really enjoy having a very quick path to gearing up so I can engage in M+ and raid easier.

It’s nice that delves can be done solo.

There is no negative situation here whatsoever.

1 Like

The only true negative is that apparently they are harder to do alone. And since Blizzard pitched Delves as being solo or group (without any indication that doing them one way or the other would be more or less difficult) I personally see this as a negative.

If I go into a Delve alone, the health of the boss and the amount of damage they deal should not be greater than when I go in company.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t it be more if there’s more players

That would seem logical. The example statistic provided (for a Tier 8 Delve) was:

Tested on various damage intake types, settled on “Web Bolt” just as a standard for consistency for these values.

1 Tank: 2.5M
1 Tank + 1 DPS: 1M
2 Tanks + 1 DPS: 1.5M
2 Tanks: 1.5M
1 Tank + 1 Healer: 1.3M
1 Healer: 2M
2 Healers: 1.3M
1 DPS + 1 Healer: 1.3M
1 DPS: 1.3M
2 DPS: 1M
1 Tank + 1 DPS + 1 Healer: 1.3M

That’s all just…odd.

2 Likes

Is it wild to be unhappy about delves scaling down with more players added?

Hasn’t even been a full week of the season and people are already complaining about delve difficulty? Gear up before going into the higher tiers. Don’t expect everything to be handed to you without a modicum of effort.