Delves incentivize group play

It’s quite literally day 2 you absolute moron and you’re expecting to gear up as fast as people who do it in a group

Works on my machine.

Delves feel like incredibly boring and easy dungeons in groups, and the only reason to not be grouped is to waste time. thanks blizzard.

Delves are currently overtuned, at least on some of them. Its wild the range. Some T8 delves are braindead easy, others feel like your fighting a raid boss solo. I can only assume that they thought people would grind Brann up into the 20-30s before trying higher tier delves because it feels like that is the only way you could beat some of them.

But yeah some are just insane. A boss with a small aoe around them that actually does damage out to 60yards away? Enough damage that you have to burn all your cooldowns to survive and then he can easily do it again before they come back? Its crazy.

2 Likes

They said this, but it was never their intent. Delves were always intended to cater to raiders and other top players who wanted something else to do in their spare in-game time. They also created an unrewarding watered down version so they could claim they were for casuals and solo players. Like, totally intended for those people, who couldn’t possibly tell whether they were having fun.

It seems like they weren’t getting any participation in the demographic they claimed it was for, so they increased the ilvl required for heroic dungeons. Now those people in less than normal dungeon gear will do the hardest bountiful delves to get the gear they need to do heroic dungeons, right? Not a chance.

1 Like

All of this complaining was perfectly predictable.

I called it as soon as Delves were announced.

They are soloable. Theyre just easier with a group. Like 100% of the rest of WOW.

1 Like

I also predicted that Delves would have a progression track for top players, and a meaningless and unrewarding low end for the players that are supposedly their intended demographic.

At least they’re optional, and a lot of players have decided to opt out. Torghast was not optional.

they are optional in the same sense that M+ is optional, You are missing out on gear if you dont do them, at least in the first couple weeks.

I just cleared a lvl 11 a few moments ago and a lvl 25 bran just absolutely destroyed it lol. Just get aggro and hide while bran cleans house.

1 Like

And a goodly number of players are in the process of deciding that Blizzard doesn’t want them doing mythic+. Which is actually optional. One heck of a lot of players have always chosen to skip that. Other options are old content and finding a game that the developers seem to want you to play, rather than putting up roadblocks that make it pointless to even log in.

It’s not that low level players find it toxic, there are a lot of higher level players who find it toxic due to the attitudes we find in some raids, whether LFR or being pulled into one that just needs 1 or 2 players. I highly dislike running through so fast that I can’t stop to see if there’s anything to pick up, or in a group where the people (tanks…mainly) are going to pull the whole room as well as the hallway leading up to the room and then fuss at healers (which I’m not and may never try again) or the DPS, or both, that we screwed up the pull. I don’t find that the least bit fun.

I’m in there to try my hand at it, go up the levels, and get good at clearing things, finding treasures, and such. But, then again, I’m one who loved the challenge of Torghast too. Hated the Mage tower because it was too hard for my mage to do so I haven’t gone back to try when it was opened again.

I’m not a bad player, I just like to go slower, kill EVERYTHING (I love Follower dungeons so I can lead and kill this way) and then searching for treasures. So, I don’t group. It’s not weakness, it’s a preference.

4 Likes

Do harder content. Things slow down when things get challenging.

1 Like

Maybe the difference is too high and yes I would say some bosses are badly designed like the one in Waterworks but I don’t think group play being ahead is a bad thing. You have to understand who is doing what.

Speedrunners doing it as groups don’t really care about delves and will probably only do them this week, delves are not made for those people as they’ll have next to no reason with M+ to keep doing those moreover you’ll most likely burn all your keys this week meaning that you can’t really farm delves as much everyweek.

While people who do them solo are probably doing it as their main content so going much faster doesn’t really benefit them as much as they don’t really farm M+ or higher level of raids.

2 Likes

What is mid-core though?

I haven’t done raids past lfr since… MoP I think. I don’t do M+.

That would be mid-core right?
I’ve been doing t8’s solo. It’s not easy. I use every bit of my classes kits, I take time between packs to let my defensives/cc’s/burst come off cooldown, I focus down the biggest threat mob and interrupt it when it’s possible.

Just because it’s supposed to be aimed at a particular group, doesn’t mean it should be a cake walk. Especially when we’re doing delves 20-30 ilvls before the recommended and with Brann only 1/4 through his leveling.

Edit: just saw this

Don’t advocate for or against content you’re not doing. As a solo player, I don’t need you to communicate on my behalf. It’s an endgame pillar with progression that can be done solo. Exactly what it was announced as. Could the group version need some tuning? I guess, haven’t done it. But what people in a group get done, does not matter because an actual solo player will never be doing anything with those players. Groups can get it done easier? Cool. Someone can pick up the slack if you’re (not you or anyone in particular) not playing well. Doing it solo you can only rely on your own abilities. That’s how solo content works.

People keep trying to fast and hard before they overgear it.

There’s also a secret tactic that just works: Body pull and let Brann tank it. Sure, if you do nothing for 30+ seconds he starts getting a ramping debuff but it clears itself by dealing any amount of healing or damage. It’s an easy way to handle anything that hits a bit too hard.

u people need to read the notes form Blizzard they already said what u said it seems all u guys want to do is bash the developers and complain they can not please u guys no matter what they do its always bash them

It really does depend on your class though and as we all know all classes are nowhere close to being created equal, logs prove that time an time again. Its why RWF leave classes behind, its why the MDI is almost always a 1:1 ratio.

Besides the main issue is more so that this is way friendlier for grps then solo. Just think in the time it took you to struggle and barely beat a +8. I was over here finishing up 2+8’s and 2+9 Bountiful while goofing off with 2 guild mates in the same amount of time…

Personally I think it to be an idiotic approach.

1 Like

It did depends on your class to a degree, absolutely (Priest probably has it the worst given their lack of interrupts). If you want my honest opinion, we shouldn’t be able to clear t8 solo on day one period unless we were already 590+. I did it between 574-579 On Ret Pally, Frost Mage and Fury Warrior.

To be expected when the content can be done solo or with groups. It’s not OG Mage Tower where they tuned every fight for each class/spec solo. I can’t speak on doing it in groups, but if it’s needs tuning then sure, let them tune it.

This though, will never bother me. I choose to play solo to not deal with specific things and not have to rely on other people. So what you and your group of 2 others were able to accomplish means nothing in reality. My “struggle” was enjoyable. I beat content that I shouldn’t be able to based off the recommended ilvl. The difficulty was well worth the rewards.

My point was the +8/9 Delves in a grp is the equivalent of an M0 being scaled below follower dungeons. That’s how ridiculous the scaling actually is. An yeah maybe that doesn’t bother you, but it bothers others, it bothers others to hear how much of a actual joke it is.

I can see why these people are in a double P mode…

1 Like