Delves incentivize group play

Did you know that when it comes to gear progression, absolutely nothing in the open world will give you a better reward than a tier 8 Bountiful delve. The special assignment World quests are just a means to get another key which are also Limited weekly. The only way to get better gear would be to raid heroic or higher or do Mythic Plus keys. If you aren’t planning on doing high-end group content, you still get four pieces of champion gear a week with one hero track piece from the vault.

So your argument is that groups have an advantage because they have more time to farm… explorer track gear?

I hope they’re not nerfed, no matter how loud the whining.

It’s ok, dare I say even HEALTHY, for the game to have some hard content. Even for casual/solo/midcore/whatever you want to call it.

It’s also not hard to just list your delve in LFG and find some players to do it with. The “efficiency” concerns sound like you simply want maximum reward for minimum effort.

1. Solo play IS perfectly viable
  2. None of that states that they will be scaled to be the same.

Just because you feel that way doesn’t mean it’s not a viable option. It was designed to be solo’d or with groups. Dungeons were only designed to be done with groups.

1 Like

why? who ever said, or even suggested, that you would only be able to do delves solo?

anybody who thought relaxing content would reward heroic raid level gear needs to have their critical thinking faculties examined

2 Likes

Right so a person not playing the five-man meta in delves is going to require substantially more time to get these things done. Not to mention the loss of gathering time, and any other activity one might want to do in the game.

The bottom line is most MMO players don’t like playing inefficiently. It’s just the way it is. Design dictates meta so design matters because of this.

Once again, this is perfectly fine if it’s Blizzard’s prerogative to only cater to group meta for everything. It’s just that a lot of people were under the impression they were expanding on that to open up a solo meta alternative (efficiency with the herd). They’re not. So I’ll just move on. It’s not a big deal.

3 Likes

Don’t bother with whoever this is, they are just trying to offend people to make themselves feel better.

2 Likes

I too struggle to understand this mentality.

“I’m a solo player, but I should be just as efficient as people in groups.”

It’s weird.

2 Likes

What do I have to feel better about? I’m not struggling to do Delves solo. I’m also not delusional in misrepresenting Blizzards advertisement of delves.

Its very simple, solo content is disincentivized for anyone who plays the game mode. Every reward is the same but easier while grouping. This means that it is going to take far longer for someone to do solo and people are upset because blizzard had said this content was partly for solo players but to them its fairly clear that group players enjoy better benefits then solo players. Ways they could fix this - boost exp for solo-players, increase percentages on loot tables, give extra rewards, etc. That way people are rewarded equally for their efforts.

1 Like

Was it designed to be done solo? Yes.
Are there any mechanics or puzzles that require more than 1 person? No.
Can you do it solo with all classes and specs? Yes.

You are severely misrepresenting Blizzards description of Delves.

1 Like

I don’t know man, you’re out here on wow forums calling people stupid and delusional with your finite time on earth. It seems like a waste but that’s for you to decide and its your time to spend as you see fit. We are the choices we make.

People? I only called you limited because of your inability to stay on topic earlier by dodging every counter argument against your claims.

Would you understand if they allowed 40 man raids in m+, trivializing the content for the half afk players steamrolling it?

I feel like you’d understand then.

1 Like

LMAO can’t make this stuff up.

1 Like

It was never designed or claimed to be by blizzard as solo exclusive. If you’re playing solo, groups are going to get things done faster, it’s just a fact of life.

Hmmm, so we’ve gone from efficiency to trivialization.

Well what would be your argument against adding 40 man raids as an option to m+? Why not? You can still do it in five man groups – why would you complain?

2 Likes

M+ are dungeons and dungeons are designed to be 5 man content. Not 40. This is your cope argument that you have repeated over a dozen times hoping it will stick. Delves were designed to be completed solo but can also be done in a group. The intended design is what matters and you don’t seem to get that.

3 Likes

keep saying “40 man raids” over and over, it gets more convincing the more you say it

1 Like

Meanwhile he tells other people that repeating things don’t make it right. lmao.

1 Like

Meta doesn’t matter. It matters even less in solo content. In terms of gathering, by your definition that isn’t solo content either anyways because 5 players would be more efficient than one because of how you can specialize in knowledge points.

The joy of doing something solo means you can go at your pace, going as fast or slow as you are capable where the only penalty is from your own mistakes rather than worry about someone else dying or causing a problem in the group.

Groups that are slaves to The Meta are groups that I don’t want to be in and they probably don’t want me to be there either because I don’t follow it. Thing is? I still succeed and Achieve goals that I set out to and I still have fun playing what I like.

3 Likes