Delete rtb

I would rather have blizz add flat damage to adrenaline rush and make it an hour long CD. Throw AWAY ROLL THE BONES!!! We never wanted it. Take it away

20 Likes

SOme people actually enjoy it, especially after SL tuning with less RnG.
I really don’t lilke generalizations like “all love it”, “everybody hate it” etc. without any data showed.

11 Likes

no /10char

5 Likes

I would like to see the ratio on how many people stopped playing combat or quit the game to how many people started playing after it was switched to outlaw

7 Likes

I would love to revert back to combat of old, my lord WotLK combat was a time to be alive

16 Likes

Another thread of somebody thinking the problem with Outlaw is RTB and not Sinister Strike and Combat Potency RNG :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

All of it is true. Combat potency is an outdated mastery and needs some major fixing.

Having said that

RtB is mechanically the most frustrating skill in the entire game. Even with its fix in 9.0, it’s still a dumpster fire skill. It adds more rng to the spec - a good roll is fun
 sometimes But the bad rolls make for bad boss fights. The dps output is horribly inconsistent. And a bad buff is 45 seconds of frustration. Getting the same crap buff twice in a row makes me want to burry an axe in my computer.

Outlaw mastery is blah, but at least it’s more consistent than RtB.

RtB is the primary reason I switched mains in BfA, and I had been playing rogue main since early vanilla.

2 Likes

I do not play outlaw solely because I despise RtB and playing RNG heavy specs. I would welcome an overhaul to it with open arms.

Having said that, the hardcore outlaw players I know absolutely love how RtB changes your rotation depending on your rolls, and I agree that it has added some thought to what was once a braindead spec.

Back in the day when “combat” was only a PVE spec I would occasional play it for world pvp and dueling and some BGs. Now, ever since they added RTB, there’s absolutely no point in ever clicking outlaw even for a fun duel. Atleast back in the day you could killing spree gib healers and stuff.

Wotlk combat was perfect. It didn’t need anything added to it or taken. It was balanced in pve and a little subpar for pvp. Now its dumpster fire meme joke spec that only makes sense with infinite heals and fights 1m+

Ill even go on a limb and say pre-wotlk combat was even closer to perfect. You could play any wep and hybridize the spec. Backstab adren rush, adren rush hemo with maces, etc etc.

1 Like

Actually Outlaw is more brain dead now compared to before. RTB gimps the spec too hard.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

I agree. Some people like RTB.

I am definitely not one of those people. I actually despise how much RNG is in Outlaw, but otherwise like everything about it.

If Blizzard gave Outlaw Rogues a way to swap out RTB for something else I would be okay with it. They did this with Slice and Dice in Legion and it was DPS loss until you reached a certain item level and had certain trinkets. They did it again in BFA, but in that expac it was just a hard DPS loss.

I think Blizzard isn’t including a way to swap out RTB this expac because for some reason they think that everyone who played Outlaw took RTB because they liked it, when the reality was that it was because it was the optimal choice by a noticeable margin.

If Blizzard gave a way to get rid of RTB without a big DPS loss, I would swap from Subtlety to Outlaw today.

6 Likes

I agree something needs to happen with it.

OP suggestion of remove it and bake it back into the spec would be stellar – can I suggest a blanket Sinister Strike buff?

Other path is give some way to control the RNG – e.g. the last skill you use determines the first roll (with unlisted skills being “random”). That way, you can guarantee Grand Melee if you use SnD right before the roll, or you can guarantee Broadside if you BtE, etc. Multiple rolls stay random but adding control for higher skill players.
(And this might remove the pre-buffs impetus it currently carries; why do we pre-RTB but pre-potting was bad?)

2 Likes

Roll the Bones simply exists to counter-act Outlaw’s insane AoE potential. Two of our four potency conduit’s are designed to make RtB less punishing, which is frustrating to most people when Blizzard lied about making RtB less of a reliance.

People used to laugh at Feral for plate spinning, well now Outlaw has Feral beat twice over; Slice and Dice > Roll the Bones > Between The Eyes > Blade Flurry.

It’s too much empty plate spinning. Get rid of Roll the Bones and replace it with something that buffs Outlaw’s damage like Revealing Strike or Expose ARMOR, y’know Blizzard, that thing that makes fighting anything not wearing leather a colossal chore.

2 Likes

Parsing on an Outlaw rogue comes down to who ever can get lucky enough to maintain a 5 buff.

RNG replaces skill big time. Not sure how one would remedy that.

1 Like

I don’t know if “insane” is legitimate when Fire Mage exists. But I could see that being Blizzard’s way of justifying a bad time.

1 Like

That’s not even remotely true. You can still gold / pink parse with bad rolls lmao. People need to stop using this as an excuse as to why they can’t perform on the spec.

5 Likes

Rtb is just another empty maintenance buff on top of three other spinning plates. I’d rather have something more meaningful, like a buffed Killing Spree, and a Pistol Shot that’s good without a proc.

But nah, dice go brrrrr

1 Like

Yea that totally explain how you can find the same names regularly on top 10 Outlaw parses. Its totally because of RTB rng, not skill at all. RTB totally makes up for bad play

2 Likes

There is skill involved with overcoming a handicap like rtb.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

I mean it can
 But the way RtB is currently designed, no. If anything, it takes skill/micromanaging in order to play around whatever roll RtB gives you. Sometimes you will get lucky with a 5-buff and go brr, but most of the time it’s “Okay, which buffs did it give me and how do I play around it?”

Some people think that is the fun part of it and that is fine, but I personally don’t find it fun in most circumstances because I would rather think to myself “Okay, here is what my kit does, how can I optimally use my kit as it is in order to deal with what situation is in front of me” without any more variables such as RtB getting in the way.

One thing I thought of is Blizzard giving a Talent that replaces Roll the Bones with a passive that provides a small buff that each roll would otherwise give you. Meaning a slight increase in Crit Chance, Combo Generator Damage, Attack Speed, Leech, and a small buff to Restless Blades and the Extra Sinister Strike proc chance. These bonuses would have to be small enough that it isn’t overbearing but big enough that it is at least competitive with RtB. That way You don’t have to do anything with it other than be aware of the fact that its there.

(Maybe something like:

• 2 or 3% increased crit chance
  • 5% Leech
  • 5% increased combo generator damage
  • 0.2 seconds of cooldown reduction per combo point
  • 10% Increased attack speed
  • 1 Energy Regen Per Second
  • 5% Increased Sinister Strike extra strike chance

I’m pulling these numbers out of my rear but I think you get the point)