Delete rtb

Which would be fine IF the spec benefitted from each, individual Rtb buff equally. Some people might enjoy seat-of-the-pants managing, but it’s not as deep as they think.

True Bearing: Great, my CD’s are shortened, IF I had any CD’s worth pressing. Between the Eyes? Sure. Adrenaline Rush? A bit of a useless CD considering energy starvation is not a thing for Outlaw (it was for Combat, but Combat was lame, apparently).

Buried Treasure: More energy regen. Increase my carpal tunnel spamming Sinister Strike!

Grand Melee: I don’t have to press Slice and Dice for ten seconds!

The problem with Roll the Bones is that it trades power for random, often useless, buffs. The spec covers up this issue due to Blade Flurry, and will never get any better so long as Blizzard keeps over-emphasizing that ability.

No more passive buffs. Give Outlaw a hard debuff; like Sunder Armor that also ignores shields. Or instead of a pistol, give Outlaw throwing knives back as a tertiary weapon slot and have it be a stat stick for Between the Eyes instead of this ‘four times the damage on a Crit’ nonsense.

1 Like

This would never work because it would always be worse than whatever other talents you have in the same row. There’s also no reason that a passive should ever provide more damage than active management.

Lets turn outlaw into a ranged spec like they did hunter lulz.

3 Likes

And still be 20% under mage/lock/boomkin/spriest lmao.

2 Likes

Don’t get too hung up on the specifics of what I said should replace it. It was just an idea.

My primary point is I think a lot of people would like some way to replace RtB with something else that is more consistent.

2 Likes

That would be hilarious!
And replace RtB to Murder of Crows (not sure why this is a Hunter spell… sounds more like a Rogue thing??)

3 Likes

A ranged, dual wielding pistol class that uses combo points as a resource would be interesting. Should be a 4th spec, not sure how well that would go over. Maybe make Outlaw ranged and bring back Combat? Probably won’t ever happen though.

Yeah, the sad reality is this: the class design team have a very limited time, they even fix obvious bugs and lack of tuning from official patch to another (ex. Shaman, buff for SV Hunt, Sub Rogue, nerf of dmg from pal healing etc.), so it would be really idealistic to think they would come with a whole new spec (a bunch new talents, abilities, tuning) sooner then the second expansion after SL, if ever. Plus remember the rule: they will not add something that is not related with planned content.

NGL I probably would never play another spec in this game if they ever made a dual wield piratey spec for rogue.

Yes please. I want to play outlaw but I can’t stand using pistol shot and roll the bones. It ruins the flow for me.

I miss old combat, where killing spree felt sooooo good to press.

KS TBC - stronk dogge pic
KS SL - week dogge pic

Who doesn’t like an ability that’s only worth pressing when it’s talented and a proc?

Pistol Shot is such a laughable ability, I’m beyond confused why it’s still on my bars.

2 Likes

you’ll never convince people sadly. complaining about rtb rng is a meme at this point.

im an outlaw baby. what i would like is a return to legion outlaw. it definately seemed a lot more interesting to play then its current iteration. and since i dont have time for the pve grind the pvp aspect of the current outlaw build is miserable. as far as rtb is concerned i like the challenge of adapting to your rolls. plus i like how it crumbles up the script and throws it away keeping things interesting to a degree and it doesnt feel robotic like other specs. imo.

RTB is trash i dont care what your opinions are. This is mine. It’s garbage has always been garbage and will continue to be garbage until Blizzard admits to themselves that COMBAT ROGUE IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE BETTER.

1 Like

If I’m right you don’t have to get roll the bones in the new talent tree correct? I agree with you I HATE ROLL THE BONES

Yes you can make a build without RTB but at max level on beta it is a disadvantage. On live with prepatch you are not going to notice that much of a difference. It is actually fun playing without RTB to be honest.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

i agree. i liked it when outlaw rogues could choose between rtb or snd.
i dislike having too many things to maintain and pay attention to. i don’t want to have to check what buffs i get every time i use rtb. i don’t want to have to reroll them if they are bad. opening that lootbox every 40 seconds is no fun.

it would be SO much better if rtb was optional.

1 Like

it is completely optional now. you can skip rtb and not go down that part of the tree to do less optimal damage

1 Like

i haven’t actually looked at the outlaw talents much yet, so i’m only sharing my feelings about it when i did play outlaw in legion.
however, though i intentionally still wouldn’t take rtb in order to play the way i want, i imagine other people who don’t like rtb would still feel forced to take the competitive talents. maybe they just don’t like the way rtb functions, as i don’t. it doesn’t really concern me at the moment, since i play asn.

2 Likes