Delay Phase 2

The majority of the playerbase thinks that the release is far too early. The only ones saying otherwise are some streamers who’ve no-lifed the game so hard they ran out of content within a month, but even then there are many content creators and streamers speaking out against the early release. (Go level an alt if you want something to do, or start some roleplaying events, or read up on the lore, help some lowbies out with their quests, progress your professions. Tons to do other than raiding and honor grinding if you bother to look.)

The servers aren’t gonna be able to handle the epic PvP battles that Phase 2 promises. Just a few days ago, Grobbulus had hundreds of Alliance and Horde players battling in the Undercity, and the lag was so strong the game was completely unplayable. One of the big selling points of Classic were the massive world PvP battles, if the servers can’t deliver then people are going to be really disappointed. Maybe it’s too late to completely revamp the server architecture, but any possible optimizations would go a long way.

It doesn’t even make sense from a money standpoint to release it this early. People are literally begging you to wait weeks or even a month longer for Phase 2, that’s an extra $7-15 for each Classic player.

60 Likes

the majority? Ehem.

Anyway, Bring on phase 2.

37 Likes

I don’t think this is true at all, half my guild is raid logging.
We are content starved because we pushed through the game so fast the upteenth time around.

15 Likes

You don’t need to be a streamer to be done with end game content.

10 Likes

It’s already done.

Come Tuesday the realms will auto restart themselves and load their new settings. Removing the last layer and turning on the honor system. Its inevitable and cannot be changed.

10 Likes

Uh I took a month to level, my guild took 2 months to have enough to kill Rag. Now I’m just sitting around twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do.

I didn’t race through the content but I’m not bad either. I’d rather we got phase 3 for BGs at this point.

16 Likes

Says who…?

5 Likes

Our faction has a discord with over 800 members ready to fight but I guess we’re all no life streamers or something.

4 Likes

This, in fact. the only place i see anyone moan about it is Reddit and these forums. “Majority”.

6 Likes

Look at any WoW forum like r/classicwow, the Discord, or other threads here and you’ll see tons of people that are wanting Phase 2 to be delayed or are complaining that the server architecture is poor. Hell, there’s a poll on the former you can view if you don’t believe me.

Just because you rushed through all the content too fast doesn’t mean everyone else did and it doesn’t mean that content should have to be rushed to accomodate that small 5% who did. Go level an alt if you’re wanting something to do, I guarantee there are tons of great folks doing the same that you can have a blast with.

5 Likes

At what point does it go from “your too fast” to you people just being stupidly slow? I play casually. I have a wife and i have a toddler.

As for server issues, that’s on blizzard.

9 Likes

There’s over 3k guild that have full cleared MC. How is that 5%?

8 Likes

We are definitely already there.

3 Likes

I think this will be good for everyone who isn’t on an overpopulated server and I welcome it. If you can’t stand the heat transfer.

4 Likes

The majority of the playerbase who started playing in Vanilla played AFTER the PvP system was in place.

That argument only works with raid tier upgrades (i.e. BWL, AQ40, Naxx patches).

People saying that close-minded line with Dire Maul (a catchup dungeon added before the first Ragnaros kill) and the PvP system (which doesn’t add Battlegrounds and epic gear till BWL patch) is silly.

What if the majority of your Vanilla Experience back when you played it was honor grinding and playing Battlegrounds? Sorry, I’m not gonna do roleplaying events, that’s hilariously horrible sounding.

Maybe…I can imagine Blackrock Mountain crashing the server. That’s still no reason to delay phase 2.

Ooooooook? Well still not a reason to delay phase 2.

You are assuming so much. The worst case scenario of some tuesday game crashes due to epic world PvP isn’t the end of the world. If anything it would probably bring back some nostalgia XD.

Shadowlands disagrees with you.
PvPers who are sick of just killing PvEers running to dungeons disagree with you.

They could delay it 4-5 months and you’d be still be back here with this thread and a level 55 shaman who can’t stand Blizzard for releasing phase 2 before you could hit 60.

5 Likes

Aloha there fellow Reaper.

1 Like

I don’t need to look anywhere else but in the very game that we play.

The 60 population is busting. We’re far from the minority.

3 Likes

OOOO wokori!

Basing who the majority is by the people complaining on forums is really dumb. Personally Im ok with anything thats gets BGs released earlier.

6 Likes

source? where is your polling data that supports your claim. is your sample size you and your friends? until you show proof to support your opinion, it will remain an opinion.

3 Likes