Delaryn needs to be part of the story

Can we go take BfA and any related stories, out back, put them out of their misery and make a bonfire out of the bodies?

It would be more satisfying than anything we got during BfA and related to BfA

3 Likes

Her boyfriend is one of the souls we rescued from the Maw and brought to Ardenwealde. In fact he asks us to look for her when we go back, which makes her being raised undead even worse somehow >_>; “Good news Ferryn, your girlfriend isn’t in the Maw anymore, bad news…she’s walking around on Azeroth as an emo dark ranger who was working for the woman who personally murdered her and had her boyfriend raise her out of spite.”

3 Likes

Calia and Derek are trash characters. There is nothing to debate.

1 Like

I was commenting on how you were not ‘trying to make the life of ther other faction miserable’ while also saying ‘screw the fans of X character’.

Probably because Delaryn is a Night Elf, plus what happened to her makes Sylvanas look bad and Blizzard can’t have that.

But I agree that Delaryn is a very interesting character who’s story needs to be explored a lot more.

1 Like

What are you talking about? Blizzard has been doing nothing but make sure Sylvanas looks as bad as possible ever since Legion.

Heck, I’m pretty sure Delaryn died in the first place just for the purpose of making Sylvanas look bad.

11 Likes

Sylvanas didn’t need to kill Delaryn to look bad, what? Delaryn was killed pretty much, because she was a primary Alliance quest giver during that lengthy scenario, the one Blizzard atleast partially appears to be giving Sylvanas justification for doing so. Atleast she’s pouting about it lately, or something.

They certainly only started making her look bad from WoT onwards though, she was seen as untouchable throughout Legion.

Delaryn was going to die regardless. The part that makes her death tragic was Sylvanas going so far to twist the dagger before she died.

They made a point to say Sylvanas fired the killing arrow to put her down in the novella because seeing her still fighting to protect her home/people despite other arrows in her was irritating to her. Forcing her to watch Teldrassil burn as she died and then deliberately targeting her for raising was just a pure malice cherry on top of an already spiteful banshee queen sundae.

1 Like

It’s odd that Blizzard removed Thorn of Wars and just basically abandoned the story altogether like nothing happened.

4 Likes

The War of Thorns was just a prepatch event and those tend to get removed. If I recall correctly, the only one that really stuck around is remnants of the WoD prepatch.

2 Likes

Meh, she sucks and deserves to be punished for what she did to her people at Darkshore.

Sylvanas was literally mind controlled into killing her people at Silvermoon which was a big reason as to why she hated Arthas so much.

Delaryn on the other hand chose to align herself with the people that murdered her and turned that into killing other Night Elves.

Delaryn is one of the most pathetic characters we’ve seen in a long time and personally her story disgusts me.

3 Likes

No, they already piled on lots and lots of reasons for Sylvanas to look bad. But I didn’t say Delaryn died because otherwise Sylvanas would have looked good. She died to make Sylvanas look even worse.

3 Likes

At that point I think you mean her entire existence is just to make Sylvanas look bad. Which, I don’t really agree with, but practically a stubbed toe during BfA was her fault.

I’m pretty sure that’s not a point they even hinted at in the novellas.
They were not trying to put Sylvanas in Arthas’ seat and make Delaryn a dollar store Sylvanas.

Why would anyone suggest this or want this to happen for either character?

You’re right, I worded my reply wrong. I meant to say that Blizzard doesn’t want people to dislike Sylvanas or call her evil.

It’s not a Delaryn thing, it’s a “anyone raised into undeath automatically joins the Horde regardless of who they are, how they died, or what happened to them after they died” thing.

It’s been bar none one of the single dumbest and most frustrating things about the lore ever since Cataclysm and it was shifted into overdrive in BfA. 100% of people raised into undeath end up being sufficiently fine with it that they will join the people who did it to them willingly.

So much for undeath being a state of torment or whatever, people apparently can’t freaking get enough of being dead and Horde.

It’s bad enough when the Horde does horrible things to the Alliance. It’s even worse when the victims of these bad things then have their trauma and suffering used to advance the Horde storyline at the expense of their native races.

5 Likes

Uh, no, I didn’t say that. Please don’t put words in my mouth.

Ion Hazzikostas literally called her a villain at Blizzcon just last month.

4 Likes

Blizzard has been doing nothing but make sure Sylvanas looks as bad as possible ever since Legion.

This is what you said.