Deeprun Tram 3 questions

First exciting discovery when I started playing. Just wondering if anyone still uses it? Or the last time you used it? And what was your first exciting experience when you started playing the game?

You know - that child like fun of discovery or figuring something out. The other one was the “Fight Club” room! :grinning:

8 Likes

I wish more people would use it.
I like to hide down there and kill people.

14 Likes

When I started playing way way back in Vanilla, I somehow got into there thinking it would take me to gnomeregan. Suffice it to say, I was wrong.

Edit: that character was horde. :rofl:

4 Likes

When I was a young level 15 character, I got a quest to go to Ironforge. I asked a nice night elf how to get there from Stormwind and he said to just walk there through the Burning Steppes…super simple!

HE LIED!

When my broken body finally crawled back into Stormwind, I asked how could anyone possibly be expected to do this at level 15, and I was stunned to find out there was a tram.

19 Likes

Brings back memories! Gosh, it’s been years since I’ve used it. Back in vanilla, I used it frequently when Ironforge was still a busy hub. I think there is a section where you go underwater, if I remember correctly.

3 Likes

:laughing:

:laughing:

Pretty much how I found it!

2 Likes

Not sure I remember that.

The reason I brought it up is I’m reading The Shattering and Anduin is at dinner with Varian and they mention it.

1 Like

It’s fun (once) to walk it from end to end. There’s definitely more that can be done with it.

4 Likes

Back during Wrath I used to lead For the Horde raids on a daily basis on my original server. Often would use the tram to hit SW after taking out Ironforge.

Was a lot of fun. Plus, the tram is just fun!

5 Likes

I will have to put that on my list of things to do this evening. Go ride the tram!

3 Likes

Same!

2 Likes

I’m almost 100% positive there is. I remember as a young n00b trying to figure out where on the actual map we were going under water. The only thing I can think of is that little waterfall area outside Stormwind but who knows.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure I remember that too. I’m going to ride it this evening and find out.

1 Like

I guess we’re all meeting at the Tram tonight!! Lol

5 Likes

Yeah, there’s definitely an underwater stretch. Where that really is on the map? Who knows. I suppose that’s Gnomish Engineering for ya.

It’s a great little relic of the old days. I use it once in a while for nostalgia.

4 Likes

I don’t know if anyone actually still uses it to travel from SW to IF in retail but there is the brawlers guild under the tram.

1 Like

That was the nod to Fight Club that I mentioned, but some haven’t seen the movie. That was fun to find too!

1 Like

I love the tram, I use it all the time on my classic Alliance, I use it when I need it on my retail Alliance.

My two favourite things to do in the tram are dance while riding it, and just walk it and enjoy the aquarium in hopes to see Nessie.

3 Likes

Used it few times recently when the regular portal was doing the instance not found routine because Stormwind was overcrowded.

But that and boats were amazing in 2004. Especially coming from SWG where not much worked.

3 Likes

The tram is magic. It goes east/west. Stormwind is south of Ironforge. :thinking:

8 Likes