Deep coral bud/pod abuse/exploit

Hello tyeias here, I dont know if this has happened to any of you or seen it but ive seen hordes (dont know about alliance doing it as i have only seen 1 using it. I have seen players legit free casting while just jumping with it (with a mage or shamman) in wpvp and not getting hit at all just straight dodging all melee hits because you cannot hit them as melee and you’ll just be helplessly taking and tanking that damage with slows. As a warrior (arms) for example we only have legit 2 stuns, once you stun em you only have a 3-6 second window per stun (stormbolt & fear). This means that if you didnt burst em down (90% unlikely) in that 8 second pool (especially a mage, boomy or a shamman) its over :joy:, as a caster you can legit 1v2-3 anyone. If you try to play catch up with em its useless because you can’t since warriors have low mobillity. … Hell … not even a rogue would catch up, its faster then even a mount. And if your about to kill them??? DENIED (especially a rogue with speed burst OR MONK or dh for all i care)!!! Yeahhh they are just one jump away from 100% rate escape goodluck …

Note: And no no and no, you can try using it with melee but it’s useless cuz youll have to get close to kill the enemy anyway. Which also means you wont always hit the caster in the air but the caster will hit you 100%. While you’ve only gotten 2 hits on em he’s already gotten you down to 5% health. The Only use would be escaping and not even because you can get ganked while 1v1 with another enemy player. Or he’ll just clip you from behind while your trying to run/jump away. Im even seeing bounties just jumping away and of course you can’t catch em nore kill them … Cuz melee. If you jump youll miss the huts too :joy: Blizzard needs to do something about this ASAP. Tell me what y’all think (for those who actually do wpvp). Thanks for reading

5 Likes

Hey dude I appreciate you taking the time to type out your frustrations with this new item that was brought into the game and I wanted to ask, have you tried it? I stopped playing with warmode on a while back because I was tired of the constant ally raid groups on going everytime I wanted to quest in Kul Tiras to try to go for the rare quests that dropped hypothetical BIS trinkets (if they titanforged) and there would be 20 allies just camping the mob. Or on tortollan emissary days when alliance were camping the flight point in voldun or sitting outside of collector kojo in nazmir. This item has given me the ability to get out of scenarios where i was being ganked and has allowed me to fight back and wipe the people attempting to gank me. You play a relatively mobile class and I play destruction which is majoritively immobile. I don’t have the ability to move while casting and maybe this is due to my skill level, but I can’t solo more than 2 melee dps at a time, let alone an entire party of people. With this Item I have the ability to be mobile, to survive against ganks, and to have fun in this game which, lets face it, has been boring the majority of this expac.
On top of all that, now that more people have flying it is much harder to actually get away with having a bounty while using the pod as you cant get out of roots or stuns. I honestly think if you experienced what the rest of the expansion has been like from the position of a caster, let alone a warlock, you’d understand why this item is necessary for the game. It’s a whole lot of fun and actually makes the game enjoyable. I’m able to get a bounty on my head and be chased across the map by allies all the while getting DoTed and doing my best to get away. Finally after I get away, I go right back in to see how many more I can get to come after me until I’m eventually caught by people who started using it themselves or by people with flying, then I go right back in and start over trying to get a bounty. Blizzard actually made something in the game fun for once and I think if everyone was using this item it would be so much more fun. Also to call it abuse or an exploit indicates to me that you don’t understand the meaning of the word as the item was designed as it was intended to be: to make the game more enjoyable.

6 Likes

I love it, fury warriors and their insane gap closers/self heals? Hah try catching me now.

2 Likes

This is a very interesting topic. I can see merits in both sides of the debate. I especially liked the gigantic paragraph written by the Warlock named “Voodoobro”, even though he betrayed my guild <Warmongers>. I can’t wait to try out this so-called “exploit” for myself!

1 Like

There have always been OP world pvp items for everyone, I could write a 10 page short novel on all the different items. The only thing that makes this one more of a nuisance is its acquisition is part of a quest. Meaning more people are going to have them without going out of their way.

I suggest if you enjoy world pvp you invest some research into good items, heck get some rocket boots/ speed potions amongst 50 other things that could help you catch up or counter the far jump.

It would be nice if blizzard perhaps made it have a low drop chance rather than 100 percent. But none the less world pvp has never been balanced.

3 Likes

anyone can get them now, even if youre not on the quest. :slight_smile:

warrior mobility >>>>>> rogue mobility but ok

Filing this under working as intended.

So many people complaining about these “exploits” but seem to forget about the fact that they were added on purpose to spice up wpvp.

3 Likes

Used a coral pod to escape a alliance zerg and killed a Druid and hunter in the 10 minutes I had it on tonight .

Best item ever :grimacing:

5 Likes

ey man use it while you can, like crazy thing is im hearing a ton of complaints about it bro, for me? well im just using em myself, i got like 2 stacks ready to bust out, im not trynna get ganked, i may not hit the casters but i can sure dash tho lol!. and yeah you can just free cast with it and hunter cant kill you and druid deff not (unless is boomy) but even like that i dont think theyll kill you. You probably 2v1 them and still one … its actually op XD

Pretty sure it’s going to get nerfed so it can’t be used in combat or something. Everyone has them now and it pretty much ruins wPvP.

4 Likes

Doubt it. Theyll just nerf it so its only usable in najatar. I only use it to get away from ganks and to chase down druids, cause we all know they love to run when they see that they bit off more than they can chew. As a hunter why would you care? BM would be completely busted op with deepcoral pods. Bet you play MM.

1 Like

You can look at my profile and see which spec I play, yeah? I’m BM and don’t like the pods. They’re obnoxious.

And yes, they are going to get nerfed somehow. Just depends how Blizzard chooses to do so.

A geared BM with the pods would godmode. I hung up my hunter this season. Had fun with her in 8.1 got her to 414 ilvl. Just picturing the kills i could get with this item on her is making me want to play her again .

1 Like

No doubt. Just sit at range on casters while melee can’t slow or snare.

I dont feel bad for them one bit. Melee uptime has been way to high for awhile now. As a warlock i think you could understand why idgaf about melee problems lmao

2 Likes

If you think casters are having a hard time this expac, than I feel you haven’t really been playing much in terms of pvp. And any caster that allows a melee to sit on them should most certainly be punished.

2 Likes

Depends on the type of melee. Ret and DH i can manage as a lock. All the others? Nah they stick on me like flies on murloc droppings. Mages have it easy.

On my lock i would say 2v2, 3v3 or 1v1 the only two melee that give any trouble are ww monk and sin rouges. DH seem to be the bane of my existence on my BM hunter. And survival hunters on my shammy. But to be honest I’ve seen far to many time’s were a clothie is just standing in melee range eat all that damage and still kill the melee. That is ridiculous. Back in the day if i so much as let a melee fart on me as a mage I would fall over dead.

2 Likes

We can tank a melee up to a certain point. Once all the absorbs drop from demon skin and azerite traits we fold over like a wet sock with no abilty to get away besides coil and fear. If you take the teleport abilty thats useful for arenas only for the most part. I agree with the ww monk part to they complelty destroy me when i play aff. I have more issue with sub rogues than assrogues tbh. Bursty mobile melee classes just shred thru me. DHs are just easy cause most of them suck at playing them. Btw I dont arena. Im strictly a wpvper and BG hero so my pvp knowledge is based off of what i have done and seen myself.

1 Like