Decision to allow trolls to remove 480 names at a time forever, why?

Can tell you that’s a whole lot of hard work just to take up free names that haven’t been used in two expansions.

Was able to get my old name on Thaurissian/Frostmoune so I guess they’re not active on OCE.

classic servers don’t have any name release afaik.

good job blizzard. i can easily see this being abused. trolls are very determined people.

Whether they do or don’t I wouldn’t know. Was moreso pointing out that name selling couldn’t be a concern of their’s if it doesn’t matter that it happens on my server. If Classic servers don’t release ever then I’d be more concerned about that. I feel as though someone with the tine/money to take up 480 names in retail could do something similar in Classic, with no hope of release. Overall, I’m not really to concerned though.

But if it were up to me I’d base it off license, not account.

there was nothing wrong with the old policy.

hopefully they review and revert.

2 Likes

This is something unlikely to happen any time soon, but it does highlight the flaws in the policy change, and proves it should be moved back to character activity, and perhaps less than 2 expansions.

1 Like

While i agree that some silly troll account shouldn’t be able to hold names hostage, i find it a little odd that so many people say that they can’t get names, it has never taken me much longer than 15 minutes on the character creation screen and an online thesaurus open in my browser to secure a name. I don’t use funny letters and i always seem to be able to find something (this is both on Aussie servers and high pop US ones).

I’d be more paranoid that someone would report names and then lock those names down behind this kind of thing…to sale them later…rather than just outright script something to pull letter combinations to empty the system (so to speak).

I think the longest it took me was 15 minutes and that was because I was stubbornly trying to stick to something thematic to an idea.

The random button isn’t actually that bad for some races…but can be downright horrible for others.

Has anyone run into something from the random button not being available…ever?

1 Like

So basically you wanted to give a new alt a certain name but it was taken and now it’s all a trolls fault.

Gotcha.

I have once yes

I changed servers and the name was taken. Character with the name has been level 10 forever =(

I don’t mind low level characters holding names, so long as the account is all paid up, active and in good standing, there’s no need to take a name from someone just because they’re low level. People would be trying to take names away from bank alts and low level alts otherwise, when/if people level up is entirely up to them.

Tinfoil hats aisle 3 on sale, get your tinfoil hats in aisle 3 while supplies last

1 Like

The assumption that we’ll run out of names because trolls is hilarious

1 Like

This is some top tier outrage about nothing.

1 Like