Decided to try tanking again

This character was doing +25s as an alt last season and I’m currently tanking 18s and 19s on my main . Yes, people do just go around pulling things in high keys like a jerk. And those people can be dead on the floor.

I actually wouldn’t even know, I haven’t levelled a toon from level one since before Mists of Pandaria.

I had my classes I liked at max level and then just kept bringing them to max with each new expansion

1 Like

Up yours buddy. I let people like you die daily. I enjoy it. Scum of the earth

Why? dps that pull arent.

/salute

Your a better person than I am. I quit tanking long ago. Why?

Too many rude people. Unless you are only running with friends, be prepared, you are going to being going either too fast or too slow or both at the same time. Impatient, high geared DPS will pull if they think you are going to slow. Healers will get angry if DPS is taking too much damage, because they are pulling. Everyone gets angry when the party wipes, because the DPS pulled.

If you are going to mainly be with friends, Prot Warrior is pretty awesome sauce right now, have fun.

This is not that old and was very easy to pull up.

If the DPS are at the pack and you are not, you are going too slow.

Nobody is going to complain about you going too fast, because going fast is the point of M+. If you aren’t dying, you aren’t going too fast. The only thing you should really be concerned about is not outranging your healer or pulling before he’s had a chance to reach where you are going to fight (healer can start drinking before combat and stand up when he needs to start healing).

The reason to get aggro back from a stupid dps is that in the end the healer gets killed. It’s not about saving the dps – nobody cares (or should care) about sloppy dps who don’t respect their role – the issue is that heals always pull aggro trying to keep the sloppy dps alive, and then that’s a problem.

So remember that with a simple taunt or other intervention, you’re helping your healer. You don’t have to care about sloppy dps.

1 Like

This isn’t 2006. The reason the “you pulled it, you tank it” rule ever existed is because threat mechanics used to work much differently, and it was often difficult or impossible to hold threat on multiple mobs.

That just isn’t the case any more. It’s your job to tank. If a DPS accidentally pulls, taunt the mob and stop being a drama queen.

You know, when it’s all said and done I think that things may well be more relaxed now than they were back then. We humans have a rather unfortunate habit of looking at the psst through rose tinted spectacles. This behavior is probably genetically encoded into us for reasons I could extrapolate but won’t, instead I’ll just say this - the good old days weren’t actually good, only memory makes it seem like they were.

1 Like

Good luck with being hard-stuck…

Lol man, the number of people reeling over the “you pull it, you tank it” comment is hilarious.
I will pull stuff off a dps that pulls a thing or two, but if they go ham pulling garbage… have fun w/ that, I’ll pick em up if/when you fall over dead.
That crap doesn’t fly in higher levels of dungeons anyway, with the exception being misdirected or tricks pulling for the tank, so the people defending dps pulling ahead of the tank outside of those scenarios need to reevaluate imo.

Eh, the problem more is that if a DPS tunnels DPS on a target they do run the risk of stripping threat. But that’s also the DPS’s fault.

Plus the real issue is that back in the days of yore people were so bad at the game that a single over-pull could easily trigger a wipe. The old paradigm of ‘wait for three sunders’ came about as a coping mechanism for the average knuckle dragging weirdo who unironically skipped their class quests so when you ask the paladin for a res they explain to you that they don’t have it. Not making that one up, either.

There is frankly nothing terribly wrong with DPS pulling, but I will say that if they’re deliberately doing it to be an idort in content where extra pulls can break the fight, then you have a problem. DPS pulling extra mobs deliberately in a place like M+ Halls of Valor is a much different problem than accident prone DPS pulling in heroic dungeons.

1 Like

what are you entitled to though? just because people dont agree with you doesnt mean they are gaslighting you…own facts…lol you sound like a cnn commentator…its gross

Might of been good for othwr reasons not just gameplay but everyone got their likes and dislikes. Not to mention you know we were younger then.

I git a kid otw, work more, have other responsibilities i have then playing.

I’m pretty flexible as a tank.

If you get aggro and bring it to me I will take it.

If I see you get aggro I will take it.

If you accidentally pull in the midst of combat I will take it.

If you just go Leroy Jenkins it and don’t communicate or even remotely attempt to bring it to me? I will watch you die and keep going.

1 Like

Be care Bubba…sometimes you’re running with DPS that actually know the route and are indeed doing you a favor and assisting with pulls for a faster M+ time.

Communication is key. You might think they’re doing it to troll/grief, but they might be doing it because they know what needs to be pulled and are trying to speed up the dungeon.

FYSA.

This right here is the problem.

The problem is NOT:

Dps accidently aggro’ing an extra mob or two.

Smart dps grabbing an extra add or two while the tank is busy gathering up stuff.

Dps unleashing a lot of cooldowns all at once and taking threat for a couple of seconds.

The problem IS:

Idiots who think they know how to pull better than the tank and go ahead of you and mess everything up. They think they know better what to pull and this always results in extreme frustration for the tank and or wipes for the group.

If I’m waiting to pull there’s a good reason for it. You can wait 10 seconds for that patrol to finish because I know it’s going to wipe us because my DPS is not interrupting. If all the dps are interrupting / stunning etc, sure I’ll zoom through the dungeon. But if they aren’t, we sure as heck aren’t pulling more than 2 packs at a time. It’s going to go slower due to all the deaths.

DPS deliberately trying to take over the “pulling” for the tank is not acceptable for me.

DPS “helping” to pull adds if they are smart about it is fine with me as long as it’s not causing me frustration.

But if some know-it-all dps decides it’s his job to pull, I let them die once. I give a warning. They do it again, I stop moving and tell them I’m leaving group unless they stop. If they continue I drop group.

It is pretty rare that this actually happens. Not often have I had to drop group because they wouldn’t stop. Usually they stop after I warn them that I’m not going to tolerate it. Most groups are pretty chill and follow my lead. A lot of the time someone thinks I’m pulling to slow is because I’m waiting on healer mana when they’re at less than 20% and we’re at a boss or a big pull. In my experience dps rarely watch the healer’s mana.

At the end of the day, if you really want to pull, be a tank.

When do dps get yelled at for low dps in mythic plus? Pretty rare in my experience.

When’s the last time a pug run took forever because the dps was too low? All the time.

When’s the last time a pug run took forever because dps aren’t interrupting / stunning etc and caused wipes? All the time.

1 Like

No, it came about because most raid bosses were immune to taunt and if the tank lost threat he could never get it back.

1 Like

hold that hasnt been a thing since vanilla.

if you pull you it you better kill it. or your dying. think of it a slap to the back of the head to pay attention. you also wont be getting a rez your walking back.

how do i know this cause im the tank an my brothers the healer.