Debuff cap

Please for the love of god raise or eliminate the debuff cap on NPCs. So many classes and specs that would be a lot of fun to raid are virtually banned from a raid team due to this. Basically every warlock aside from shadowbolt spam, shadow priests, moonkins, non combat rogues, etc etc etc.

If everything was equal, nothing would be interesting.

Life isn’t fair, so why do people expect video games to be?

On the other hand, the challenge of keeping up with other classes and specs despite the disadvantages could be considered admirable.

Video game players these days are looking at their glasses half empty.

4 Likes

Good way to suggest buffing rogues adn warriors more than you’d be increasing other spec viability.

Would be nice, but… (deep breath)…

Would require Blizzard re-balance every single class in game to make up for this change that would drastically change the performance of the individual classes.

Suddenly fury warrior mains would not be king on just about every fight (excluding vael) and would QQ because they’re no longer top DPS.

We would then need to bow to our new Warlock overlords…

No thanks, because I don’t trust Blizzard with game balance.

2 Likes

Fury would still be our lords and saviours thanks to not dropping deep wounds.

It wouldn’t change locks all that much tbh, Most of them are still using corruption and are still hamstrung by the fact that they have to use a utility curse + the fact shadowbolt gets substantially better per piece of gear than DoT’s do. This is the case with just about any class that has hard nuke abilities (ele shams,boomkin etc)

Adding more debuff slots would only buff rogues,warriors and ironically enhance shamans.

Enhance being good would actually be cool…

Also may help Feral too…

I will be kind.

1 Like

Flame shock honestly wouldn’t really do a huge heap to enhance dps but it would be a nice little boost.

I agree op buff warlocks

the debuff caps are authentic to vanilla
It was a thing we had to be aware of back then, we even coordinated rotating debuffs sometimes, when it made sense to.

This would further trivialize raids. Its also a post vanilla change.

Warriors would get deep wounds. Rogues would gain poisons and bleeds.

It would be interesting to see who ends up on top.
But I completely disagree with doing it because as you pointed out, they would have to retune raids and classes.

1 Like

Would be interesting to see how things could work out, some really dynamic new play could exist… Hell even retribution may actually improve… O.0, because they would be able to put Crusader up.

Things would pick up for some specs but the overall status quo really wouldn’t change too much thankst o the oevrall playstyles not really changing that much and some DoT’s and debuffs are “traps” for the inexperienced.

ya know… Hunters would benefit too… Tho If I had my way True Shot aura would go away entirely…

TSA is cancer for the hunter class; SV MM hybrid without TSA does a lot more DPS, but every melee and their brother wants TSA.

Yup exactly.

And you still wouldn’t serpent sting thanks to its terrible DPC.

There’s only about 6-8 debuffs that are really worth concern over. The rest are minor in their impact and can be flex slots.

Besides, it’d make the already wet-paper-bag bosses even more of a pushover.

Debuff limit is fine. It makes you think about the decurse on a enemy target and plan accordingly.

It’s pretty silly, and shouldn’t exist since it was a technical limitation not an actual design. Unfortunately, it would require too many adjustments and thanks to the no changers any such idea would get shouted down.

1 Like

You should really have one corruption per raid.
Also, corruption scales quite nicely with spell power.
Also also, siphon life exists.

Having said that, it wouldn’t suddenly rocket warlocks to top DPS. Warriors would probably still be king.

Removing the debuff cap would change the balance of the game, but please don’t pretend it’s somehow interesting gameplay. It only limits the abilities you can use.

It was a technical limitation, not a deliberate design decision.