Debuff cap

No, it would have to be tit for tat
You get something, Bosses get something, which would probably not be the something the OP would want.

You’re talking about rebalancing either every class or every boss.

You don’t have to be #NoChanges to be wary of modern blizz rebalancing classic.

You misunderstand.

I am not advocating doing it at all
I am simply saying it would be a quid pro quo thing
blizz gives you something, blizz gives mob something.

If you got unlimied debuffs on mob, you may not like what mob gets on you
:laughing:

Dungeonmaster Rule #1
ALWAYS give a mob a chance.

Limiting the abilities you can use is sometimes interesting gameplay.

1 Like

Yea, but that’s WHY they can’t do it.

Definitely not in this case.

Not sure that is universally true. I know I would far prefer the fun of coordination and interaction with the raid that comes with modifying our rotations. As opposed to Simply browsing a guide online and pushing my buttons in the correct order. Sometimes Collective action is better than individuality.

You don’t modify your rotation. You truncate it.

There’s less thinking involved, not more.

I would not want them to do it, even if the could.
It is not vanilla, it is not how it worked.
I remember working out short duration debuffs so we could rotate them, and what order we thought might be best etc.

This is never what ends up happening. You’re assigned a debuff or two, and that’s just what you cast
 for the whole raid.

sometimes you run out of slots though or what not.
Dunno, it’s just what we used to do, maybe does not min/max well but we did not have that info.

Raid leader would keep track and call out what short duration ones to cycle in

I mean, you could play hop-scotch while doing to raid boss to make things more complicated too, but that’s not what most people are going to do.

They already had to retune MC, Ony and BWL for post-1.10 Vanilla but didn’t.

for example, as a shadow priest, raids are less fun because my shadow word pain(which costs over 10% of my mana) is knocked off after just a few seconds due to warriors deep wounds(which is basically a required talent, gating impale)

My guild opens up the last raid tier to meme specs. So our 2 MC teams usually have a few people missing because they already have all the gear they want so they let other players in to have some fun.

Deep wounds doesn’t knock off shadow word: pain.

Something else is doing that.

Even at 800 spell power, you would have to have 74% crit for corruption to stop being a dps gain, assuming you get full duration out of corruption.

I havent done the math for siphon, agony, or immolate, but, there is no practical gearing point where corruption is a dps loss.

Lol people are stacking warriors regardless

intresting, so corruption is being dumped purely for debuff reasons later on.

Learn something new everyday.

you probably would, hunters have a few empty GCDs
and something > nothing.

unless that spell is horribly overpriced and it’s better to do nothing than to do something.